Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dolly

Sneaky2006
August 21st, 2004, 07:29 PM
Dolly was adopted already when we got there. :(
She said we missed her by 3 hours. 5 other Pits went between today and yesterday. I can't believe it! When I had emailed them a few days ago, she said they have Pits there and they normally stay a looooong time because ppl don't want them. Just my luck...
The places we were going were about an hour away but it took almost 3 to get there because the roads were awful! There was construction everywhere, lanes closed, not that they were working on it or anything! There was a severe thunderstorm nearly the whole way, it was sooo dark out, except when the lightening lit up the sky. Today just sucked all around. I can't believe we missed her. :(

Lucky Rescue
August 21st, 2004, 07:38 PM
While I'm happy that Dolly got a home, I'm so sorry it wasn't with you.:(

Of all the pit bulls who will NEVER get a home, this one had TWO people wanting her. It's amazing....

Sneaky2006
August 21st, 2004, 07:43 PM
I am VERY very glad she got a home too. But I guess I'm selfish cause I wanted her.
We are going to THS down the street from us tomorrow... I don't know what else to do, I got 'the feeling' seeing Dolly and I don't have that with any from their site (although I'm sure they have a lot that are not listed). I didn't even want a dog until I saw her... Now I have this cute Pit Bull face in my head and I don't know how to stop it!!

chico2
August 21st, 2004, 07:55 PM
I read all the posts,because I did not really know who Dolly was,looking at her picture I can see how you fell in love and understand how disappointed you are right now.....but there are sooooo many wonderful dogs needing and wanting a home like yours.Who knows? Maybe there is a trial-period and Dolly will be brought back :( I am sure it happens....

iRONKNiGHT
August 21st, 2004, 08:10 PM
Sneaky2006 i understand your pain! i felt the same way NOT so long ago! this is taken from a post i made almost a month ago!
"i've been trying to contact them about adopting one of their cat's since saturday july 24th..and i've now left 3 voice messages and 1 e-mail..and still no followup.. i understand it's just a few of them volunteering at any given time..but
i see they keep updating their website and cat's are being *ADOPTED* now i've got my finger's crossed hoping that i dont see the "ADOPTED" message on the cat that i am interested in adopting.. it's frustrating knowing that every second that we lose is so precious and well i could lose the kitty that i've fallen in love with"
and guess what by the time they contacted me they said that the kitty was adopted... i was so sad i felt like dying well almost...i was sad and pissed at the same time..but LuckyRescue was my Angel not too long after :) and now i have such a Precious MUTANT kitty lol..i cant imagine ever living knowing now that she exist....so hang in there and smile :) cuz there's a nother critter looking for you can you find him/her? all i can say is follow your heart and you will

Cactus Flower
August 21st, 2004, 08:12 PM
Awwwww I'm so sorry you missed her :(

glasslass
August 21st, 2004, 08:14 PM
One door closes, another door opens! :)

Lucky Rescue
August 21st, 2004, 08:20 PM
LOOK!!!! :eek:

http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/PA31/PA31.3276796-1-x.jpg

Claire (http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3276796&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=4127e70979de1ac1-app1&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=)

Sneaky2006
August 21st, 2004, 08:22 PM
OMG! She was not there yesterday (on the site I mean)
She's at the one right down the street!

Cactus Flower
August 21st, 2004, 08:29 PM
Is that dog actually SMILING at you Sneaky??? ;)

LuckyRescue, you are just too cool.

Sneaky go visit this grinning baby!

Lucky Rescue
August 21st, 2004, 08:32 PM
I dare anyone to look at that face and not smile!!! :D

Sneaky2006
August 21st, 2004, 08:32 PM
I think she is Cactus!... I hope they didn't just get her and we have to wait the 10 days or whatever it is.
She's so pretty!

Sneaky2006
August 21st, 2004, 08:34 PM
CRAP! Sorry Lucky. Thank you!!!! I got caught up.. ya know...

Luba
August 21st, 2004, 10:39 PM
ahh Sneaks girl so sorry that you didn't get her but Claire

OMG look at that face it's just giggly to look at :D

Sneaky2006
August 22nd, 2004, 01:31 AM
Thank you everyone!! I guess I have to get it in my head that Dolly has a good home and there are others that need one too... Like Claire. We are going tomorrow (AS SOON AS IT OPENS!!!) to see her.
I pray she is good with cats and doesn't wanna tear em up or anything. In the mean time I'm gonna try to get as much info on Pit Bulls as I can and info about introducing dogs and cats. I do have time though because you can't adopt from there on Sundays and there is a 24 hour wait after filling out papers.
The only problem I may have is if they have rules about kids with her, we will see!!

chico2
August 22nd, 2004, 07:43 AM
Good Luck Sneaky,Claire is really sweet looking,hopefully she's ok with kids and cats :p
Good Luck vibes flowing to Pennsylvania......... :D

Lucky Rescue
August 22nd, 2004, 10:08 AM
Sneaky, here is a fantastic site about pit bulls, with accurate information.

The Real Pit bull (http://www.realpitbull.com/)

Have the shelter test her with the cats in cage - see if she reacts aggressively or is way too interested in them.

Sneaky2006
August 22nd, 2004, 11:04 AM
Thank you Chico, and Lucky for the site!

Cactus Flower
August 22nd, 2004, 01:19 PM
Didja go see her? Didja didja?? :D

Sneaky2006
August 22nd, 2004, 02:03 PM
Yes, we went to see her. Right when it opened, we saw her for a split second, walking away with her NEW owner! :(
She was adopted yesterday already but they were picking her up today. I guess I shouldn't go by the websites anymore. She was probably there way before yesterday. This is so upsetting.

glasslass
August 22nd, 2004, 02:09 PM
Ohhh! Too bad, but at least these dogs are being adopted. Did you leave your name and tell them what you're looking for? Maybe they'd be more than happy to know of a loving home for the right dog and would let you know when a promising one comes in that is good with kids and cats.

Cactus Flower
August 22nd, 2004, 02:16 PM
That's good advice, GlassLass.

So sorry, Sneaky. :(

Lucky Rescue
August 22nd, 2004, 02:19 PM
OH my!!! I'm so sorry you got disappointed yet again.:(

But don't despair! I had that happen, too, when I was looking for a dog. A beautiful puppy, and another adult dog who I really really wanted and who sounded perfect for me. I was really discouraged.

Now I know that happened for a reason, because as soon as I got my Chloe, I knew she was the one for me, and was glad I lost the others.:)

I just posted on a pit bull board, asking if anyone knows of a super sweet pitty, who is very good with cats and who desperately needs a home to let me know.:)

Sneaky2006
August 22nd, 2004, 02:35 PM
Thanks guys.
This is such a bummer!!
I think I will call them and give them info about what I was looking for, maybe it won't work out for who ever adopted her, ya never know.
I am happy they got homes, I just hope they're treated right.
I'm gonna go down there every few days, maybe even everyday, it is only a couple blocks.
Thanks Lucky!

Lucky Rescue
August 22nd, 2004, 02:41 PM
There are 242 homeless pit bulls in PA, on Petfinder alone. I just know one of them would be so lucky to go home with you!

My mistake - there are actually 450 homeless.:(

Sneaky2006
August 22nd, 2004, 02:58 PM
My husband is now set on a white one, after seeing these girls. I personally don't care about color, I think brindle ones are sooo cute! Anyway, It obviously wasn't that hard to convince him, was it. :)
I can't believe the only thing I was worried about with them was if they were good with kids and cats, walking in there I didn't even think that they'd be gone.
Looking on petfinder I can't seem to find another white one like those, well that is somewhat close... Some parts of PA are 9-10 hours away also... we are all the way east, almost on the border of NJ. I'm gonna try looking in NJ and NY also and see what I can come up with.

chico2
August 22nd, 2004, 05:17 PM
That's too bad Sneaky :( But I am sure the right little girl will come along soon,don't give up,you'll make one unwanted pittie very happy :p
Personally I like the tan colour of Chloe,LR's pittie...

Luba
August 22nd, 2004, 07:16 PM
Classifieds from petfinder:

759177- Dog:Pit Bull
Scranton,PA 0000000000 Susan Nineball1219@aol.com 08-20-2004
Name: Chyna
Sex:F
Size:M
Delete Housebroken spayed beautiful pit bull for adoption.Too much for me to handle. Have pics if requested. Shes a gentle dog that loves everyone including kids. Shes approx. 44 lbs.Please email if interested Thanks>

Just incase you are open to other breeds:

758920- Dog:dalmation
shippensburg,PA 7172401820 dawanna www.dawanna22@yahoo.com 08-20-2004
Name: bandit
Sex:M
Size:L
Delete Bandit is a loving, and playful dog. Great with all children listen to commands, love to ride in cars. Unable to look after him work hours have changed asking for $75.

759503- Dog:beagle
Horsham,PA 215-674-1488 Grace gracemissionhill@yahoo.com 08-20-2004
Name: Buddy
Delete Buddy is very friendly and lovable. He is also very smart. He loves people. We are very sad to see him go. We have to let him go because my sons allergy. Please help him find a good home. Adoption fee:$100

758777- Dog:Jack Russell Terrier
Bushkill,PA 570-588-5840 Lynn Vento lpvento@ptd.net 08-20-2004
Name: Kramer
Size:S
Delete 10 lb neutered male, very friendly, great with kids of all ages and other animals too. Needs more attention than I can give, Im a single mom with 4 yr old twins and have recently returned to work. Im heart-broken, hes our family pet but its not fair to him to be alone as much as he is. Id love to see him go to a home with someone whos home alot, maybe another family with small kids or a retired person. I have pictures than I can email.

759215- Dog:{mom} Labrador Rrtriever {Dad} Rott
Chalfont,PA 215-822-0626 Kathy Swindell KittenD79@aol.com 08-20-2004
Name: Scooby
Delete Asking $100.00, 3 months old price includes scooby food, first set of shots, leases,collars, we have a 2yr old and a 7 month old he is very gentle and mild with babies likes to play with older teens, is house broken, still some accidents if waiting at door to long, he comes to you and wines or puts his head on lap then goes to door to be let out does stay in yard you have to let him know your boundries and reinforce for couple of days to let him know were he is and is not allowed to go, he knows a few tricks, we are sad to see him go but our schedules have changed and we cant care for him the way he should be and deserves to be, scooby is a very bright and loveable and caring member of our family and will be as well to yours if you choose to have him

759319- Dog:husky
cranberry twp,PA 724-772-9902 lisa gottron lisagottron@zoominternet.net 08-20-2004
Name: Simba
Delete Simba is great with kids and other pets, gentle and well behaved. He is a red husky and is pure bread, not nutered. Mother in law is very ill and can no longer care for him. 25.00 fee to good home only.

758005- Dog:St Bernard
Chadds Ford,PA 610-388-1291 Lyndsey sharfsf@ aol.com 08-18-2004
Name: Fiona
Size:XL
Delete Fiona: is a sweet and loving St. Bernard who loves to be doted on and the center of attention. She is a dog who gets along with other dogs who will respect and submit to her dominant nature. Also, she is good with cats. Fiona is fully house trained and responds well to voice commands and sign language.

757892- Dog:Americal Bulldog
Lehigh Valley,PA 610-966-4070 Melissa meljoievinsky@netzero.net 08-18-2004
Name: Sadie
Delete White brindal female. Loves people and attention!

757664- Dog:black lab W/ alittle chow
south jersey,PA - nicole Kittey1120@yahoo.com 08-18-2004
Name: whizard
Delete Whizard is a great dog but the owners daughter does not want the dog now. He is well trained. Loves kids,cats nad really loves other dogs. EMAIL ME FOR A PICTURE. He is about 50 pounds. He is such a good dog. He needs a home ASAP. The owner is leaving him locked outside till I find a home for him.

757629- Dog:Beagle
Easton,PA 610-253-9324 Janet kirkj@rcn.com 08-17-2004
Name: Tramp
Delete Tramp is a very healthy and energetic pure-bred male beagle. He was rescued from the SPCA in May. He is very good with other dogs and cats. He is also good with children. He seems to need someone to stay at home with him and give him some obedience training as he likes to dig and "inspect" garbage cans routinely. He shows signs of being an excellent hunter. He loves to cuddle and sleeps through the night. Im asking $125.00 for him. I would like to find him a home as soon as possible.

757058- Dog:Rottweiler
Philadelphia,PA 215-338-2266 Marie Alicea alicea4240@comcast.net 08-16-2004
Name: Storm
Delete Female Rottweiler 2 yrs old AKC Housebroken and friendly Good with children and other dogs $200/obo 215-338-2266

757257- Dog:Samoyaid and poodle
Philadelphia,PA (215) 931-0371 Susan Pesko spesko@aol.com 08-16-2004
Name: Georgie
Size:S
Delete $25.00. mixt breed,Samoyid and poodle. Very pretty.Good with children. Dances for food. Healthy.

Lucky Rescue
August 22nd, 2004, 07:31 PM
Deer Ms. Chico

"TAN"?? You are calling me TAN?? Excoose me, but I am BLOO FAWN. Yes, I am and I am hurt that yoo wud call me TAN. See how upset I am??
I dind't even eet my dinner. Well o.k., I did, but not as fast as usual. Well, o.k. I did, but I didn't enjoy it as much!!!!

Sinceerly,
Chloe

P.s. I still luv yoo, Ms.Chico
xxx ooo

http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1047157/1960669/33655054.jpg

Luba
August 22nd, 2004, 07:37 PM
Thats a lovely picture of our Chloe :D Bloo fawn? How do you pronounce that bloo is like blue? :confused:

Cactus Flower
August 22nd, 2004, 07:49 PM
(Oh dear. I would have called her "tan", too).

I know how you feel, Chloe. I mean, people are ALWAYS calling me "blonde-headed", when everyone should know I'm LIGHT-headed BAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!! :D

Lucky Rescue
August 22nd, 2004, 07:50 PM
How do you pronounce that bloo is like blue?

Sigh....yes "blue". Chloe just can't get the hang of "Spell Check". :rolleyes:

wAggie
August 22nd, 2004, 10:00 PM
Sneaky, i know JUST how u feel!

I had a HARD time finding chocolate a companion... we went driving around to the shelters sooooo many times.

it is quite depressing. and sure u stop for a day or two, but always have home, the RIGHT one will come around. and don't close any doors, opportunity's always just around the corner.

right, Luba? ;) :)

Lucky Rescue
August 22nd, 2004, 10:19 PM
Sneaky, I've got someone who knows of a white female, who is being fostered with someone who does cat rescue, so hopefully she is good with cats.:)

I'll have the info soon.

Luba
August 22nd, 2004, 10:21 PM
I wonder if Choco were with you if he woulda picked Honey himself :D ??

Hey LR that sounds great, already in a foster with cats WOO HOO

wAggie
August 22nd, 2004, 10:33 PM
hahahahaha, hadn't thought of that!

difficult to say, she's annoying him right now... hehe

:o ;)

Sneaky2006
August 23rd, 2004, 03:35 AM
I would've said tan too, Lucky, sorry. :o She's a cutie!

As of now, we are going to wait a bit. We talked about it (AGAIN). We are still looking but we haven't been feelin it like the others. Maybe I'm a lil (just a lil bit ;) ) bitter about not being there in time. On the other hand, maybe it's not the right time, and it's not meant to be yet.
I do know two things... If we adopt a dog, it's going to be a Pit Bull for sure, and it's going to be white, hubby's choice.

Of course I'll keep you all updated when we know what we're gonna do. Thank you guys for being here and helping out! I really appreciate it! :)

chico2
August 23rd, 2004, 07:04 AM
I soooo beg your pardon Miss Chloe,of course you are Bloo Fawn :D
and what a beautiful Bloo Fawn you are!!
Being such an expert on doggies,how could I not see,that you are not a boooring tan,but a fancy Bloo Fawn :D
Please forgive me :eek:

glasslass
August 23rd, 2004, 08:53 AM
I would have said honey-colored. Chloe is a honey!