Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

is making homemade fruit roll-ups and goo-goo clusters

krdahmer
October 10th, 2009, 06:15 PM
A girl I work with sent me the best cookbook ever!!!! It's a pdf file and has everything from McD's mac sauce to Red Lobster's addictive biscuits.... I've tried a few of the recipes already and they are right on! So I was thinking I should share, if you want a copy, send me a pm with your email and I'll pass it along! :D

http://www.industreal.spb.ru/smiles/wife.gif (just loved this smiley.... I'm not really an angry cook.... I usually listen to XM8 and dance around like a boob!!!! :laughing::o)

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Aaaahhh!!!!!! Me send it to me please!!!!!!

TwinTails
October 10th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Me too please! :D PM sent :highfive:

krdahmer
October 10th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Done.... and done! :D Fair warning though, there aren't too many healthy recipes in there.... I'm trying the one I found for the fruit roll ups, but I think it's gonna take forever in the oven.... already been 2 hours and they still aren't drying out!!!:frustrated::shrug:

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks! I just looked through it, it has the KFC cole slaw recipe! I don't usually like cole slaw, but they make the best I've ever tasted. And they even have a recipe for condensed milk! OMG I love that!

allfurlove
October 10th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Ooooohhhhhhhh yummy :laughing: pm sent.

TwinTails
October 10th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I saw the recipe for KFCs gravey - hubby and I adore the stuff :p So I guess we won't need to buy it any more ;) Lots of awesome recipes in there! Sour cream, mmm, may save me some moolah :D Thank you!! :thumbs up

TwinTails
October 10th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Actually, speaking of coleslaw, does anyone know the recipe for White Spot's coleslaw? It's the only varriety I've ever liked! It's amazing!

hazelrunpack
October 10th, 2009, 08:25 PM
kr, I might be interested but I need to know how big the .pdf file is first. :o If it's too big, I won't be able to download it... Is it very large?

CearaQC
October 10th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Just do a web search for "copycat recipes." And you'll find tons!! Beware though, some of them are lame! And other recipes may say the name of the restaurant and the dish, but it's only a common recipe. In other words - fake.

Here's one copycat recipe website, probably one of the oldest as far as I can remember.

http://www.topsecretcopycatrecipes.com/

hazelrunpack
October 10th, 2009, 08:33 PM
If I had the bandwidth to easily search the web, I could download the file! :laughing: I'm getting old -- I was hoping to save some time! :D

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Hazel, it has like 468 pages.

hazelrunpack
October 10th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Do you know how many KB or, heaven forbid :eek:, M the attachment was, AG? Sounds pretty big... :o

TwinTails
October 10th, 2009, 08:44 PM
It's 968kb ;)

hazelrunpack
October 10th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Oh, crap. :sad:

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2009, 08:46 PM
hazel, maybe we can condense it or send it to you as a zip file.

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I just sent it to you as a zip file. It compressed it to around 558kb.

hazelrunpack
October 10th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Aw, thanks, AG...but it's probably as condensed as it's gonna get... And if I have a zip/unzip program on this machine, I haven't found it yet. :shrug: I'll just have to bug you guys when I need a recipe! :laughing:

Like that KFC coleslaw recipe!! Yum!!!!

hazelrunpack
October 10th, 2009, 08:52 PM
It's downloading now... I'll know in a few minutes if I'll be able to unzip it :fingerscr

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Aw, thanks, AG...but it's probably as condensed as it's gonna get... And if I have a zip/unzip program on this machine, I haven't found it yet. :shrug: I'll just have to bug you guys when I need a recipe! :laughing:

Like that KFC coleslaw recipe!! Yum!!!!

If you have Vista, then you should have no problem unzipping. :D

hazelrunpack
October 10th, 2009, 08:55 PM
:fingerscr

I do have Vista--but they told me that XP had an unzipper, too, but it never worked :shrug: Or I never knew how to use it, anyway. :o

Still downloading. Still keeping my :fingerscr

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Just right click your mouse when you get on the file and it will ask you if you want to unzip, I think.

hazelrunpack
October 10th, 2009, 09:02 PM
:highfive: :laughing: :highfive: :thumbs up

It WORKED!!

:highfive: How cool!

Now I just need to figure out how you did that! :o :laughing:

allfurlove
October 10th, 2009, 09:04 PM
What are goo goo clusters? :confused:

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2009, 09:09 PM
:highfive: :laughing: :highfive: :thumbs up

It WORKED!!

:highfive: How cool!

Now I just need to figure out how you did that! :o :laughing:

Cool! It's easy to do. Just highlight the file you want, then right click on the mouse. It will ask you if you want to send to a zip file. It saves it as a zip file and leaves the regular file as is.

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2009, 09:10 PM
What are goo goo clusters? :confused:

It's this marshmallowy, peanutty chocolaty mess of a delicious candy!

hazelrunpack
October 10th, 2009, 09:18 PM
:thankyou: AG! :D

Yes, allfurlove, goo goo clusters are God's gift to the hopelessly addicted to sweet gooeyness :cloud9: You haven't lived till you've indulged. :D

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I'm glad you were able to get it Hazel! :D

krdahmer
October 11th, 2009, 12:19 AM
It's this marshmallowy, peanutty chocolaty mess of a delicious candy!

(I used pecans.... OMG are they good with pecans!!!!http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif

Glad ya got it Hazel.... I'm still up waiting to see if the mush in the oven turns into fruit roll ups.... I think it's more of a dry it out overnight in the oven kind of thing.... the sides are looking good but the middle is taking forever!!!!!!!!!!!!:shrug:

hazelrunpack
October 11th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Did they ever toughen up? :D I love fruit rollups. :cloud9:

14+kitties
October 11th, 2009, 01:09 PM
You can send me the link to m/f. Like I am doing lots of cooking right now. :rolleyes: Trying to do some weight loss. But hey, why not. I'll pm you my addy.

krdahmer
October 11th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Done, 14!!

And Hazel, they did work and I guess you can use any kind of fruit for them, I want to try strawberry next. It took about 7.5 hours though, so definitely an overnight or all day affair, but man are they good... only two ingredients, fruit and honey, I like the idea of knowing how to pronounce all the ingredients in my food!:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
October 11th, 2009, 08:27 PM
:D Excellent! :highfive:

dollface
October 12th, 2009, 11:51 PM
PM sent! :)

dollface
October 13th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Thank you soo much krdahmer! Can't wait to try them all! :D You're the bestest! :goodvibes:

cpietra16
October 13th, 2009, 03:57 PM
ok...i feel left out..can i have the recipe too....please:D

aslan
October 13th, 2009, 04:30 PM
omg, they have outbacks bloomin onion...i'm going to have far too much fun with these.:thumbs up

dartfrog
October 13th, 2009, 08:21 PM
LOL ok, I'll bite; could you send it to me too?:thankyou:

Frenchy
October 13th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I would love for you to send it to me too but you would have to also send me someone who would cook them for me :p

I can't cook :yell: :wall:

Smiley14
October 13th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Oh, I would love this too!!! Thank you!!! PM coming your way! :thumbs up

Smiley14
October 25th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I made the Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole tonight, and I think I died and went to heaven, LOL. YUM!!!! Sooo fattening, but worth every bite. It made a HUGE casserole though, I'm trying to figure out what on earth to do with it all. No way can I eat it all by myself, I'd gain 10 pounds in a week! :laughing:

TwinTails
October 25th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Why not freeze the leftovers in your portion sizes? That way, when you have a hankering, you can just thaw and heat :cool: