Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet advice from the Auto supply store

Dog Dancer
October 8th, 2009, 12:10 PM
We get a flyer out here from Priness Auto, a part supply and misc. type store. As I was glancing through it I looked at the tiny section on pet supplies (things like heated dog dishes - as if any of us are going to leave our pets outside in the winter eh!!) But what caught my eye was a box on the page with a warning about letting your dogs run loose in the winter or during storms when they can lose their scent and easily become lost, and the importance of always having an ID tag on your pet. :thumbs up I have to say I was impressed that they would have this warning in the flyer. Good on them.

BenMax
October 8th, 2009, 12:29 PM
It only takes one animal lover to reach out to hundreds if not thousands. I think that is marvelous!!!:thumbs up

ancientgirl
October 8th, 2009, 02:00 PM
That's great. I'll tell you, I'd rather do business with a place I know thinks about animal welfare and keeping pets safe, than a company that doesn't give a crap.

Macomom
October 8th, 2009, 02:29 PM
You should write them a letter and tell them how pleased you are.
I am not sure companies hear praise very often when they do something for the community at large.

A little off topic, but I was in a car accident with my son when he was 4 months old. We hit a deer on the highway and completly wrote off our Volkswagon Jetta. My son slept through the entire thing. I sent a letter to the manufacturer of the car seat and included photos of the car accident.
The manager posted them on the manufacturing room floor and said his employees were very proud.

Dog Dancer
October 8th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Macomom, I do plan on sending them an e-mail telling them how great that was. It really, really surprised me to see that in there:thumbs up

mastifflover
October 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Something like that would make me a customer of that business

Smiley14
October 8th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Macomom, I do plan on sending them an e-mail telling them how great that was. It really, really surprised me to see that in there:thumbs up

OH, that's awesome! And I'm so glad you're going to tell them your appreciation as well! :thumbs up Very, very cool!!

Melinda
October 8th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I love that store, we go to the one in ottawa and can bring in our pets

clm
October 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Heated dishes are good for those of us who feed strays in winter. :D I guess I'll be making a trip to princess auto.

clm

aslan
October 8th, 2009, 06:33 PM
i already loved Princess Auto for getting tools, now i think even higher of them.:thumbs up

Frenchy
October 9th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Wow ! Pretty cool advertising ! :thumbs up

Dog Dancer
October 13th, 2009, 11:50 AM
So I got an answer back from the lady who did that section of the Priness Auto flyer. She said her Lab likes to stay outside in the winter so that's why they do the heated bowls, but she really didn't say much about the ID advice and such that I was actually praising her about. :shrug: Oh well, I did tell her how impressed we all were that they used the space for a pet safety tip.