Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sad story about Pitties in Denver

mastifflover
October 7th, 2009, 05:28 PM
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2009/10/leaked_photos_of_dead_pit_bull.php

These pictures are disturbing

This is a very sad story about the ban on pits in Denver. Made me think is this happening here. I hope not.

diandpat
October 7th, 2009, 05:35 PM
That is just heartbreaking. I have no doubt Ontario could have the same pics taken. :cry:

It is not right there and it is not right here :frustrated:

Sheri H
October 7th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Oh wow, that is heartbreaking to see. What makes it even worse is that the majority of those dogs were family pets that hadn't harmed anyone or anything and were only destroyed because of their breed. :sad:

Love4himies
October 7th, 2009, 05:49 PM
OMG just sickening. :cry: :sad: :rip: Pitties :candle:

I think there should be a warning that there are distrubing photos in the link.

mastifflover
October 7th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I added a warning thanks did not think about it

TwinTails
October 7th, 2009, 06:04 PM
:wall: :rip: Rest in peace poor babies :angel2: BSL is BS :frustrated:

pbpatti
October 7th, 2009, 09:01 PM
This is Genocide :sad: of a breed of dogs who have done nothing wrong. What a sad state when we as humans who have bred these beautiful animals are now killing them and placing them in their own killing fields. We are supposed to be kind and loving to all. WTH has happened, who will speak for them?

How many people are on this forum? Can we send the message to Ontario legislators that this cannot happen anymore anywhere. Maybe if we start with the folks here we can spread the word to all we know and try to stop this senseless killing.

I am so heartbroken. Patti

Frenchy
October 7th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Not to take away from the pit ban but ..... I've seen the same pictures from shelters who euthanize dogs (of all breed) by gas "chambers" (containers :sad:) just because shelters are too full. Once the dogs in the containers are dead , they put more dogs on top of the dead ones , close the lid and open the gas valve ... this happens with all breed , in many shelters.

pbpatti
October 7th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Not to take away from the pit ban but ..... I've seen the same pictures from shelters who euthanize dogs (of all breed) by gas "chambers" (containers :sad:) just because shelters are too full. Once the dogs in the containers are dead , they put more dogs on top of the dead ones , close the lid and open the gas valve ... this happens with all breed , in many shelters.

aahh Frenchie I guess I may be a little naive, it is still so sad :sad:

Shaykeija
October 7th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Oh I will have nightmares tonight. I also will be lighting a bunch of candles tonight in memory of those precious innocent fur-babies....:sad:

Jim Hall
October 7th, 2009, 09:39 PM
well you see why i have a problem with breeders

Marcha
October 7th, 2009, 09:45 PM
That is absolutely horrifying!

For those in the know - what are the 'rules' about mixed breeds and mutts that have pit in them, in those states and provinces where there's a pit ban?

LavenderRott
October 7th, 2009, 10:07 PM
That is absolutely horrifying!

For those in the know - what are the 'rules' about mixed breeds and mutts that have pit in them, in those states and provinces where there's a pit ban?

They are banned, of course. And if you have a mix that you KNOW doesn't have pittie in it - if the powers that be THINK it does, too bad for you.

Bailey_
October 7th, 2009, 11:38 PM
OMG. OMG. OMG.

That makes me sick. :cry:

Marcha
October 7th, 2009, 11:53 PM
They are banned, of course. And if you have a mix that you KNOW doesn't have pittie in it - if the powers that be THINK it does, too bad for you.

Wow. That is shocking! :cry:
Our Bo would be one of those 'perhaps' mixes. Half of the people who see her think she's got pit in her, the other half don't see it... I can't imagine living somewhere where our pup would be considered banned.

Love4himies
October 8th, 2009, 07:02 AM
well you see why i have a problem with breeders

:thumbs up:thumbs up Me too, ALL BREEDERS!

BenMax
October 8th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I can't open the link to look....have haunting images already from pound that gasses dogs and cats which we were only able to extact a few dozen. Those that were left behind perished...I can't look anymore...

mastifflover
October 8th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I understand totally Benmax but I don't think many people realize this goes on. It certainly is an eyeopener to them

Marcha
October 8th, 2009, 03:00 PM
It sure did for me, mastifflover. I know it happens, and I know that it's horrific. But to *see* it gives it a whole new, nasty, dimension.

BenMax
October 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM
It sure did for me, mastifflover. I know it happens, and I know that it's horrific. But to *see* it gives it a whole new, nasty, dimension.

Very true and I have seen enough for 100 people. If I cannot help these dogs, then I cannot look. Sorry - but my head cannot wrap all this despair at the moment...maybe later.

Trust me on this - I am helping where I can getting bullies away from certain areas. I continue to do so.

mastifflover
October 8th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Benmax you rock, you do what you can

chico2
October 8th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Ben-Max,same here and for the same reason,there is not a darn thing I can do to stop the slaughter of innocent animals,so I won't make myself sick by looking at pics.
However Mastifflover,if all people could see this,maybe things would change:confused:

BenMax
October 8th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Ok I looked. Not only is this so familiar to me, it infact makes me want to do more.

Thank you mastifflover.

Geez - what the heck can be done? Thinking, thinking....

Golden Girls
October 9th, 2009, 07:45 AM
OMG :sick: world we live in RIP Pitties :rip: