Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

198 GSDS Need rescue - Texas

marko
October 7th, 2009, 11:51 AM
198 GSDS Need Rescue
..and all the rescues are full One rescue has 300 dogs and it is closing...You can see photos of the dogs and write ups, here... That makes the number of GSDS avilable in just 3 shelters 231 in need of rescue- in just 3shelters, alone!

http://www.petfinder.com/shelterSearch/shelterSearch.cgi?animal=&breed=&age=&size=&specialNeeds=&declawedPets=&children=&status=&id=&internal=&contact=&name=&shelterid=TX650&sort=&preview=1

All are spay/neutered, UTD on vaccinations and on heartworm preventative .

Hat tip to CLM for alerting me to this post from the Koiphen (http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102929) forum

LavenderRott
October 7th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Marko - when you click on the link, it says the page is unavailable.

marko
October 7th, 2009, 12:11 PM
woops - fixed. Thx for letting me know - Marko

clm
October 7th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks Marko!

BenMax
October 7th, 2009, 12:16 PM
You can get to it from here.

Thanks Marko!

http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102929

I am trying to register but it will not allow me to.:sad:

Love4himies
October 7th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks for posting that Marko, hopefully they can find some homes. :pray:

This is why I sooooo disagree with breeding by ANYBODY!. :cry:

clm
October 7th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I am trying to register but it will not allow me to.:sad:

It's okay Marko fixed the original link to petfinder. Apparently they're adopting the dogs out at $30.00 now instead of the outrageous fee they were. If you can register at koiphen, you'll see some of the things that marjorie has to say about some of these amazing dogs.

clm

BenMax
October 7th, 2009, 12:31 PM
It's okay Marko fixed the original link to petfinder. Apparently they're adopting the dogs out at $30.00 now instead of the outrageous fee they were. If you can register at koiphen, you'll see some of the things that marjorie has to say about some of these amazing dogs.

clm

Forwhatever reason - I cannot post. Listen - Bailey has a contact with someone at Best Friends. I think we need to get Bailey there to read and maybe make contact. Also, I need to post in order to see what can be done from this end.

clm
October 7th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I'll see if I can get Marjorie's e:mail address and PM it to you.

clm

BenMax
October 7th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I'll see if I can get Marjorie's e:mail address and PM it to you.

clm

Sounds good. For some reason I cannot post. Very frustrating. Thanks CLM.

clm
October 7th, 2009, 12:44 PM
they have a probabitonary delay on posting for new members. Sorry, forgot about that. I'll let you know when she sends me her e:mai. she's logged on so it shouldn't be long.

clm

BenMax
October 7th, 2009, 12:50 PM
they have a probabitonary delay on posting for new members. Sorry, forgot about that. I'll let you know when she sends me her e:mai. she's logged on so it shouldn't be long.

clm

Thanks clm. My only concern really is transport for these dogs. Do you have any idea how many are left? Also, suggest to her to do a mass cross post. This is effective as well.

clm
October 7th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Just PM'd it to you BenMax. Thanks for helping out with this!

clm

clm
October 7th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Her post in koiphen suggest that like any other rescue group, they're willing to work on transport if anyone is interested.

clm

BenMax
October 7th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Her post in koiphen suggest that like any other rescue group, they're willing to work on transport if anyone is interested.

clm

I will PM Baily. She is the ticket.

BenMax
October 7th, 2009, 01:24 PM
CLM - I have one rescue ready to go and get a few. Please ask her to contact me ASAP.... Thanks.

Bailey_
October 7th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I'm forwarding this information to my contact at BF, Marko. Thanks BenMax for the heads up. I will let you all know what they respond.

BenMax
October 7th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I'm forwarding this information to my contact at BF, Marko. Thanks BenMax for the heads up. I will let you all know what they respond.

:thumbs up. Excellent! I have one rescue but hey if BF can take all - it's better than just one here one there. Do you want this person's e-mail address to network with her directly?

Bailey_
October 7th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Yes please!!! :thumbs up This might be easier.

BenMax
October 7th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Yes please!!! :thumbs up This might be easier.

No doubt - but she has not replied to my 3 e-mails. I need feedback!!!

TwinTails
October 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Oh man, if I had the room I'd scoop one of these babies in a heartbeat :lovestruck: If only I could convince hubby that I need the mobility dog now, not later :rolleyes: I've applied to join the forum, hopefully the dogs will find good homes :goodvibes::fingerscr:goodvibes::fingerscr

Bailey_
October 7th, 2009, 02:25 PM
No doubt - but she has not replied to my 3 e-mails. I need feedback!!!

I hear you, I hate waiting too. I've sent her email address to my contacts w/ the links and information. Will let you know asap when I hear anything back! :fingerscr:pray:

BenMax
October 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I hear you, I hate waiting too. I've sent her email address to my contacts w/ the links and information. Will let you know asap when I hear anything back! :fingerscr:pray:

Well looks like we are both waiting then.:shrug:

Bailey_
October 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Well looks like we are both waiting then.:shrug:

tick...tock....tick...tock.

:frustrated:

BenMax
October 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
tick...tock....tick...tock.

:frustrated:

My other contact is bugging me now for news as well. She has an EXCELLENT contact in Texas itself.

Bailey_
October 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM
My other contact is bugging me now for news as well. She has an EXCELLENT contact in Texas itself.

:eek::thumbs up Wonderful news BM!!!

Argh, I wish I had a telephone number...:evil:

clm
October 7th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Marjorie hasn't been on on the other site for the past 3 hours. I'm not sure what she does, so she may be at work or something. Sorry guys, I'm sure she'll get back to you. You are just amazing.!

clm

clm
October 7th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I know that she's also affiliated with newbeginningsrescue.com as well, I believe there is a lady named Julie who comes on the other board from there as well. I know their rescue is full, but they likely know what the story is with this rescue that is closing down as well.

clm

BenMax
October 7th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Marjorie hasn't been on on the other site for the past 3 hours. I'm not sure what she does, so she may be at work or something. Sorry guys, I'm sure she'll get back to you. You are just amazing.!

clm

Not your fault clm. Anyways - there are rescues and others willing to help. I provided one rescue (whom I told you about in the PM) who actually knows of a santuary so she is going to try and get some action there as well. You never know - word of mouth.

Hopefully, these poor souls can be saved. Did you see Mookie? Looks EXACTLY like Maddox.:cloud9:

clm
October 7th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Mookie does look like Maddox.....same name as my black cat too. :cloud9:

It was the sheer magnitude of the thing that got me going, that's a lot of dogs to have to try to place, all I had to do was look at the first page of those dogs before I knew I had to see if you guys would be able to help.

clm

Bailey_
October 7th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Not your fault clm. Anyways - there are rescues and others willing to help. I provided one rescue (whom I told you about in the PM) who actually knows of a santuary so she is going to try and get some action there as well. You never know - word of mouth.

Hopefully, these poor souls can be saved. Did you see Mookie? Looks EXACTLY like Maddox.:cloud9:

I've got two organizations here in AB that are waiting to hear word from her as well. If they can't place these dogs anywhere in the States (and it sounds like there is a very good chance that they will) we can hopefully get some across the border here. :fingerscr

I'm still waiting to hear from my UT contacts, so will keep you all posted.

I have a very good feeling that these dogs will find places to go.

Bailey_
October 7th, 2009, 04:44 PM
BM, Mookie is gorgeous. I hope he has a happy outcome like your boy Maddox!

My heart peeled to peices at 'Amandas' picture - she reminded me of the Littlest Hobo - remember that tv show? :lovestruck:

All these dogs are so beautiful....

TwinTails
October 7th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Mookie has been on my mind a lot :lovestruck: He's gorgeous and sounds like a wonderful boy :cloud9:

BenMax
October 8th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Things are going very well. Was on the phone alll night and there is two rescues that are going to Texas to pick a few. Word of mouth has gone full speed ahead. I truly believe with all the people that are now involved, the majority if not all will find refuge.:thumbs up

Bailey - have you made contact with the actual rescue? If not, let me know and I will give you contact.

Chris21711
October 8th, 2009, 11:09 AM
YOU GUYS ROCK :thumbs up

Bailey_
October 8th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Things are going very well. Was on the phone alll night and there is two rescues that are going to Texas to pick a few. Word of mouth has gone full speed ahead. I truly believe with all the people that are now involved, the majority if not all will find refuge.:thumbs up

Bailey - have you made contact with the actual rescue? If not, let me know and I will give you contact.

WONDERFUL BM!!! This is great news! My contact with BF tried emailing this woman yesterday and still no response. If you have another contact that will actually reply that would be incredibly helpful.

BenMax
October 8th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Bailey - check your PM.:thumbs up

marko
October 8th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Wow, I just love this forum. :D
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::goodvibes ::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

BenMax
October 8th, 2009, 01:27 PM
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::goodvibes ::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

Me too Marko. I initially came to this forum due to a controversy a ways back. I never planned on staying....

Through this forum I have met some incredible people on line and in person. Even though we may have little disagreements here and there, we all have the same respect and love for our fur babes. I have met some extremely important connections here and I keep making more. For me personally, I have found my place in this world, as I am not frowned upon for being eccentric or weird. Everyone loves their animals and for me, this is where I need to be.

As for all these wonderful people here on Pets...we can and will move mountains. Anything is possible.:thumbs up

Bailey_
October 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
BM, I sent you an email.

Just to let everyone else know - I haven't heard back from my contacts at BF since last night after they emailed the woman on the forum. I have now sent them more useful contact information, but if I do not hear from them by the afternoon I will be calling to ensure that they are aware that other rescues are also getting involved.

I've also have been referred to a family that wants to adopt one of the GSD's immediatley (and BM don't bother replying to my last email I sent you - I did go ahead and forward that contact information of the closing rescue to the family so they can speak directly with them). Progress, slow but steady. :thumbs up

BenMax
October 9th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Just to let you know that there is 198 GSDs but there are other breeds as well that are not on petfinders. There is a total of 300 dogs there.

If anyone in the states was thinking of adopting - now is the time. Please save a life. There are Sibs, Mals, Rotties, mixed breeds....

BenMax
October 9th, 2009, 01:06 PM
If anyone from Ontario or Quebec wants any of these dogs, please let me know.

Thank you.

Bailey_
October 9th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Great news. BF has been alerted of the situation and were quite shocked that this particular rescue was closing its doors - it is well known to BF. They are looking into the situation today to see what they can do. Very hopeful!

I haven't heard anything else as of yet, but when I do I will update! :thumbs up

BenMax
October 9th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Great news. BF has been alerted of the situation and were quite shocked that this particular rescue was closing its doors - it is well known to BF. They are looking into the situation today to see what they can do. Very hopeful!

I haven't heard anything else as of yet, but when I do I will update! :thumbs up

GREAT Bailey. Thanks so much!!! Things look a bit brighter now.

Dog Dancer
October 9th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I have goosebumps reading this. You guys are so great! It breaks my heart to see all those dogs looking for homes. Sounds like a real "long" weekend for you all who are organizing rescues. Bless you :angel2:

clm
October 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM

Me too....I so knew this would be the place to get the right people involved. You guys are the best. :thumbs up:highfive::grouphug: I had no idea it was going to snowball into 300 dogs:eek::eek: and cause you wonderful folks so much work. For that I am truly sorry, but I'm sure all those beautiful dogs will get the help they need now.

clm

Bailey_
October 9th, 2009, 05:34 PM
One of my rescues here in AB wants to take some dogs but aren't sure about transportation. It's so heartwarming to see how many people are answering this call!!!!

BM - if you read this first, check your email. :thumbs up

BenMax
October 13th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Thank you so much CLM and Marko for bringing this to our attention. Due to this, things are looking pretty smashing good for these dogs and the rescue that took good care of them.:thumbs up

pbpatti
October 13th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Kudos to all of you for being able to help these dogs. :thumbs up:angel: I can't wait to read more about this rescue. pbp

clm
October 13th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I still can't get over the whole scope of this project and the speed with which you all got this done. :thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up

clm