Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need help in finding documentary...

NoahGrey
October 6th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I don't know if you guys remember a documentary called 'The Bear' or 'Bear'. I can't recall which one was the title. I remember I was pretty young, like maybe 8-12. 31 now.

Anyone remember this? I am trying to look for it over the internet and can't seem to find it for the life of me. I have tried everything and nothing. Can anyone help me out?

ACO22

Lyrical44
October 6th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Is this the one where there was an adult bear, and a baby bear? kind of like Brother Bear, only real life? I might be off here...just wondering.

Lyrical44
October 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1802837661/info this it?

chico2
October 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I remember one from a long time ago,where the mother bear died in the end,I think by a huge boulder falling on her,don't remember the title though,so no help:confused:

mastifflover
October 6th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Go to http://www.imdb.com/ this is a great site for finding info on anything film we use it all the time you should be able to find it there

Dog Dancer
October 6th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Chico2, I think the one you're thinking of is called The Bear (I have it on video) but the mother is killed by a boulder at the beginning of the movie and the little cub is sort of adopted by an adult male. The little cub struggles along and the big guy while sorta trying to ignore him ends up protecting and guiding him. It's a very sweet movie, but I hated the little whimpering and human baby type noises they added onto the cub when it was struggling. Is this the one you mean ACO22?? It sounds like it could be the same one Lyrical44 has shown, but I haven't watched it in a long while and I don't remember the hunters...

Lyrical44
October 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah thats kinda the one I was thinking of too, its a great movie, and its just as old as I am lol, I saw it when I was a little kid too, I kind of want to find it on DVD or downloadable...

NoahGrey
October 6th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys. Yes that is the movie I was talking about. But for some reason I remember (or thought) it was a documentary and and don't remember the story line *lol* It just popped into my head the other day and wanted to buy it. But thanks again.

ACO22

Lyrical44
October 6th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Hey good luck, if you find it on DVD can you let me know? I want to get a copy too lol, thanks for reminding me of it! sheesh, be stuck in my head for weeks now lol

aslan
October 6th, 2009, 04:53 PM
ACO22 you can order that movie through Chapters/Indigo book stores. go to chapter.ca, click dvd then just type in the title.. i think it's around 11.99.:D

NoahGrey
October 6th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks Aslan. I am into buying usually buying animal documentarys, but if a movie that really soly pertains to animal(s) I'll buy it. So far I have March of the Penguins and Earth and a few others.

Lyrical, i'll let you know.

ACO22

Lyrical44
October 6th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks muchly :D

Dog Dancer
October 6th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Okay, looking at my movie at home now, and the movie that Lyrical linked is the same one (my box has a different picture on it though, just the bear cub sitting on a rock in front of a full moon).
Good luck ladies.

chico2
October 7th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Dog Dancer,my memory is not what it used to be:laughing:I just remember I cried,not if it was in the beginning or the end:confused: