Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thanks?

Lyrical44
October 6th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Well ladies and gents, I am a changed person, and I honestly dont know whether to thank you or curse you haha.

I was all gung-ho, about breeders and such before, you know, how they are not all bad people, but now, Im browsing Kijiji, wondering if I can find good homes for my rescue kitties ( I honestly dont like kijiji, seeing as I only found TWO people who were great choices for some of my rescues, and the other, well my poor Pika is on Kijiji looking for another new home, and they are selling him and I dont have the money to buy him, or I totally would, I did however ask that the lady who is selling him, possibly give my email address to the person who buys him so I can a) keep tabs, and b) give them all the info and advice I possibly can)

But anyways back to the point, I am browsing, and I see "free dog, for pick of litter" so Im thinking, what the heck? I look and I am not particularly sure if they are studding their dog out, or giving a female away, but I mean....if you want a dog so bad, go to the shelter right? why "free for pick of litter" it....I dont know seems, well....stupid right?

I am a really emotionally bound person right..so Im like, wth? And now, Im all "lets advocate the shelter/rescue dogs" and my emotions are running rampant with all the irresponsible losers out there and my missing Pudgers, so I keep getting the urge to "educate" some of these people....As you can see, Im not precisely happy that the world has given up on the shelter dogs, because they are people too you know?! lol

So Im an advocate...and I'm really vocal about my beliefs, and Im not sure that I like being a changed person, because really....Its not nice to yell at people, but I do have trouble holding back my opinion....

You have all been successful in changing my opinion, and I hope that you are pleased with yourselves, give yourselves a pat on the back :P

krdahmer
October 6th, 2009, 08:28 PM
:thumbs up Way to go guys! ;)

That's great... and we all learn a lot on this site, even those of us that think we have it all figured out! :D I know I also tend to be a little over zelous when spreading my knowledge... but hey if we each can get through to a few, and they pass it on, well that's how things change! I know I have a guy coming to fix a flooding problem in my backyard who owns my neighbourhood wandering cat, and while I have his undivided attention I'm gonna do my best to at least get them to use the collar and tag I got for him! :cool: And so he thinks I'm the annoying cat lady... What do I care??:laughing:

Lyrical44
October 6th, 2009, 08:41 PM
go you! I actually was going to post about cats, but boy do I have alot of topics started already lol:rolleyes: wouldnt want you guys getting annoyed with me.

I am thinking about making a cat house and putting it in my covered porch, but I feel like the neighbours might think I am trying to steal their cats...Dont get me wrong, they are fuzzy and cute...but I really am not a cat person lol, they just...gravitate towards me, and make me itchy and sneezy lol. BUT that being said, all the cats in this place are ALWAYS outside, and I am beginning to feel like thats not cool at all, its been raining since Friday, and I think they have a few garages and houses to climb into/under, but really? thats not warm at all, I think the poor little guys would get sick...So I was thinking, maybe leave our insulated shed open even? then I can be like "Oh, your cats are going in there? Im sorry I didnt realize...I leave it open for our stray thats a-wonderin around, yeah...thats why there is food in there" lol butt I realy dont want the new neighbours to get irritable with us, we are new here, and already we are THOSE people lol...

14+kitties
October 6th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Glad we could do our part to open your eyes. Now you know what your job is. :D

Just a word of caution......
Unless you are prepared to really get involved with the cats be very careful on making a home for them. You have said money is tight. It is not cheap to feed a pile of kitties. And it sounds like that is what you will end up with. If you want to give them a warm place to sleep that's great. :thumbs up

Lyrical44
October 6th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Oh its not really feeding them that I was thinking of, its just giving them someplace dry to curl up. They aparently all have homes out here, they just all stay outside. One of the people here has 7 cats, and ALL of them remain outside, while her dog gets a comfy warm home.

They all get food, everyone around here feed the cats, both cats annd dogs in this area are wanderers, thank goodness the speedlimit on our little road is 10km/hr and its not too too busy

Chris21711
October 7th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Now that you are a changed person Lyrical maybe, you would like to take advantage of the Spay/Neuter program implemented by the OSPCA in Barrie and do what is best for your animals.....Barrie is not that far to travel from Huntsville.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=65363

Lyrical44
October 7th, 2009, 06:51 PM
There is a spay/neuter clinic in sudbury, and honestly, yeah I wont be breeding, but I am BROKE and it doesnt matter how far away it is, that doesnt change that I couldnt afford to have, 3 dogs, 1 (stray cat) fixed, I cant even afford 1 dog, I feed them and most times myself, and thats about all I have.

Bailey_
October 7th, 2009, 07:25 PM
In Jan they are implementing a free s/n clinic here in Alberta for low income families. :thumbs up They need more of these.

Lyrical44
October 7th, 2009, 09:35 PM
your right they do, do you know how many people would fix their pets if they did that here? about 90% because most cant afford it.

14+kitties
October 7th, 2009, 09:48 PM
your right they do, do you know how many people would fix their pets if they did that here? about 90% because most cant afford it.

Y'know, I don't agree with 90% can't afford it. If there is a low cost s/n clinic available nearby and they haven't taken advantage of it I think maybe 10% maybe can't come up with the $50. You may at this moment fit into that 10% but the rest don't want to. Plain facts.
I have had so many people tell me they don't want to spend that money getting their pets fixed when it can go toward their family members. Yep, cigarettes, booze, new clothes to keep in fashion. Just one missed case of beer would pay for a neuter. I don't know why people don't get that. We preach and preach. They agree the pet needs fixed. Then they say no, don't want to spend the money. Crazy!!! And it could save them countless dollars on vet bills later on.
For Pete's sake, it would be as simple as having a garage sale and getting rid of stuff they don't want anyway. Or pawning something. I just don't get it. :wall:

Edit: Actually, rereading what you wrote you said 90% would do it. If that is the case that would be marvellous!!!!!

Jim Hall
October 7th, 2009, 09:55 PM
i still cant figure out how you live with an intact pet esp a cat cats in heat and horny males are not fun to have around

Lyrical44
October 7th, 2009, 09:58 PM
First, I dont HAVE a female cat, I have itty bittie kitties im TRYing to find homes for, second its NOT 50$ its expensive, and there are alot of people out there who are BROKE and if I sold my stuff it would be to pay my rent.

To each their own opinion, I have taken a leave of arguing.

Gail P
October 7th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Highland Animal Relief Team (http://www.hartanimalrelief.ca/) (HART) in Bancroft also has a low cost spay/neuter program they call SNIP (Spay/Neuter Incentive Program). There it's $50/cat, $75/dog.

14+kitties
October 7th, 2009, 10:06 PM
First, I dont HAVE a female cat, I have itty bittie kitties im TRYing to find homes for, second its NOT 50$ its expensive, and there are alot of people out there who are BROKE and if I sold my stuff it would be to pay my rent.

To each their own opinion, I have taken a leave of arguing.

Not arguing with you kid. Breathe......... And don't think I was talking about you. You said 90%. I said no, not that many. I know the economy is bad. I know all the horror stories.
What does not having a female have to do with it? An intact male can do a lot of damage spraying because he can smell female cats in heat near him. Males need to be fixed too.
I know you are trying to find homes for the kittens. What happens if you don't? Kittens grow up fast. At six months (or sometimes earlier) they can go into heat and reproduce.
The low cost s/n clinics ARE $50. We know that because Chris has done her homework, and a lot of us have utilized them.
As for selling stuff....... I guess it's up to you, isn't it? Personal choice.

Lyrical44
October 7th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I dont even have that. I live off my mother, we struggle to pay the rent sometimes, we get by, with a little extra work here and there. I think fixing him would help, I keep hearing it will make him less dominant..I want him fixed, I wouldnt wish 9 large breed puppies on the world...

Chris21711
October 8th, 2009, 10:01 AM
The spay/neuter clinic is in BARRIE not Sudbury and the cost for a male dog is $60.

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 10:08 AM
There is one in Sudbury as well, or somewhere north of here, its a new one. My sisters friend took one of Bennies siblings there. I however at the moment, cant afford it.

Bailey_
October 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Just keep in mind Lyrical that YOU are responsible for the well being of your dogs. You're having difficulty with your male at this time, what do you think your landlord or your Mom will feel like if he starts to mark - which is a natural instinct for an intact adult male dog? :shrug:

You've already spoken numerous times about not wanting to place Bennie in a new home, but it sounds like you're setting him up for failure. I don't mean to be harsh, please don't take my words this way. I'm just being honest.

You dog NEEDS to be neutered. Can you get a parttime job ANYWHERE for now? Can you sell a pair of jeans on Kijiji? Can you do anything to accumulate the sixty dollars, other than telling everyone that you don't have the money?

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Im not selfish, or careless. I didnt HAVE a male cat, until some inconsiderate jerk dropped him off out here, now I have this Stray Kitty!

Our other cat IS fixed. Bennie will be fixed when I have money, im not ignorant, I have done my research too. I am not a child or anything, young yes, a little over indulged throughout my life yes, which is why its so hard to come to terms with being lower class now, because I was upper middle class until my dad became and adulterer, now I am lower class, and I have tons of responsibilities in my life, and its alot more difficult, NOTHING, except fast food, and dont get me wrong im not too prissy, I had a job at A&W, but I would like something more stable, so I can schedule Bennie with my working again, but nothing like that is hiring at the moment, and if they are, my work experience isnt good enough for them, its ridiculous, I refuse to live off the government, although I did apply for unemployment, because I worked for an entire year, 2 jobs, and I they will pay for my education so it would be very beneficial to me and Bennie in the long run because I will have a good career if I get my schooling done.

My pets, believe it or not, are my first concern, I have gotten SO behind in my school work, because Pudgey is missing, and Bennie seems to need more and more of my attention, of COURSE I want what is best for him, but 20$, 30$, 40$ , 50$ 100$ I simply dont have it.

Look, maybe you think Im being ridiculous? I dont even have 10$ to find out if IM pregnant, I have to wait and go to my doctor, and they charge 10$ too, and I cant get it from the store because they are crazy expensive. Im not selfish, I have to figure out a way for me AND my pets to live.

I want Bennie, LooLoo and Whiskey fixed, but I simply cant do it, cannot.

Love4himies
October 8th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I hope your priority is to finish school. Not sure how old you are, but you could get a family court lawyer to have your father help pay for your education and living expenses while you are at school. Plus, there are many grants, loans and bursaries that help out people in your situation.

Education is so very important in order to be able to live a "dependent-free" live :thumbs up.

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah my education is really important to me, I dont want to be living off my mother, I wasnt, up until June, and then she and I decided that I should get my education, because at that point we were still living with my dad, although THAT situation was a little wonky...but im 21 and I dont think I can get anything for him to pay for my schooling or living expenses.

I am going to apply for grants/bursaries/anything that will help pay for my schooling, I am doing highschool courses right now to set myself up for university, I need a few extra classes and higher grades in some of the ones I already have. Its time consumeing...but I make due mostly. I have been looking for a job, but fast food restaurants have such a messed up schedule that its not fair to Bennie to screw with his schedule like that, when I was working at A&W before I would work at like 6 am, and not be home until 6 or 7 pm and then I would work other days from 2 until midnight, and not be able to even come home because I didnt have a ride, I would have to go somewhere else, and although I live in town now, it would still be really unfair to mess with his schedule that much. I know he can do a 7 am or 8 am until 5ish or 6ish, like with my other job, but not random schedule changes. So right now my priority is school, steady job hunting, that doesnt interrupt school....you know?

Macomom
October 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Lyrical 44,

Children and pets are an honour and a responsibilty, not a right.

If for many reasons, intention or unintentional, you cannot take care of these voiceless creatures you should not be in the position of caregiver.
It is an injustice to the animal.

Please get your act together.
Get your animal spayed or neutered. Put yourself in a financial position to offer basic medical care to the animal at all times. Work on their behaviour so he is not a danger to you, your other pets or people in society. He deserves to feel welcomed by people in his enviroment, and in your community.
Pets do not exist to make you feel good and fit in with your lifestyle. It is a priveledge to have their companionship.

breeze
October 8th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I'm sorry but I have to say this..

how can you be looking for a job if you are always on line?? the only way you can really look for a job is to pound the pavement.

you say that school is time consuming I hope so cause you have to learn ( I'm glad that you want to better yourself and continue school) are you taking courses from home?? if so what are you doing on pets all the time and not doing your school work??

you say that you don't want to upset his schedule if you get a job in fast food trust me he will get use to his new schedule. and you can always give them the times you are available might be after school or just weekends, anything is better than nothing IMO..
if you have to live off the government for a while then do it..

you say that you have changed about breeding, that's great koodo to you but it goes a lot further than that.

you say that you have to wait for your doc appointment to find out things, well don't you think that finding out NOW is very important??

if you are all confused and all over the place so will your pets. and with that things will never change for you unless you get your act together....

BenMax
October 8th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Where there is a will, there is a way. Actually, there are rescues that will help with altering animals if it cannot be afforded by their owners.

Also, if money is an issue - do what I did. I parted with all my cherished possessions and had a garage sale. Some where junk and others were things I enjoyed and loved....but I loved the dog more. It was not that difficult in the end to say good bye to crystal or my jewelry as it would have been more difficult to say good bye to Maddox. I made exactly $300.00 in 7 hours. Not bad.

Now that I have run out of items for the next garage sale, I have gone to neighbours and tell them what I am doing. Each and everyone of them have given me things to sell. So I am hoping to get much more money towards the vet bill.

And I will share this with you as well. Though I am successful now (as I can pay my bills and mortgage independantly), there was a time that I struggled terribly with a baby. I even saved bottles and cashed them in. I was able at that time to pay my rent, feed my child and pay my bills...and I was unemployed but found some odd jobs here and there to support my family. At the time, I had dogs and cats and they never suffered either. For a cat I had, I explained my financial situation with my vet and he put me on a payment plan.

Sometimes you need to dig deeper to get things done. Lean on people and always pay them back. It's easy to say you can't, it's harder to say you can...but you can.

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM
OK seriously WTH. I have been compliant. I have been, if sometimes a little frustrated and maybe rude because I feel picked on, I have still been nice, thanked you for advice, apologized when I was in the wrong, I'm not happy now, Im angry.

Who says I need a fricking life coach, or 7 to get my life straightened out hmm? Accidents happen, and I was using myself as an example, not asking for input as to whether I would be a good parent, or caregiver, I know I am. I know I cant offer to take my pet and get him fixed, but I do EVERYTHING that the law, and the SPCA whom I actually have spoken with on a multitude of times for assistance, tell me to do for my pets. Its NOT a law to have my dog fixed, its NOT something that I have to do.

Just because Ben isnt neutered doesnt make me incapable of caring for him AT ALL.

Who are you people really, excluding the ones who have been helpful and kind, I want to apologize to those of you who DONT fit into my rant here, because I feel really bad, but those of you who DO fit in have struck a nerve, and I am NOT happy about having my screwed up life judged by you people AT ALL.

Go ahead get mad, I suppose I am asking for it really, but seriously, you DONT know me, and you DONT know my life.

Do you have any idea what its like to grow up having everything you want? I do, yeah it was great, I was REAL privelidged, so much so, that I didnt know my Dad was going around cheating on my mom until I was about ummmm 14, and I suppose being in the dark helped me right? Wrong. I was 14 when my parents split the first time, and we went into a downward spiral then, it was hard, its just me and my mom, but mom went back to him, do you know what its like to see the SEMBLANCE of a family, until you know your dad has decided to go get a new one? What its like to know that you really werent wanted in the first place because your dad had two kids before my sister and I? I dont think so, but to make it worse, he got a new FAMILY not girlfriend, family, 2 school age children, two little step siblings, and mom and I were out on our ear, because really what else could we do that wasnt going to cost us thousands of dollars? We dont HAVE thousands of dollars. We had to move from OUR house to a fricking trailer park so we could survive, and granted they are nice places, big enough to house me and mom and our MEAGER possessions, but this still isnt home, we rent it, and its NOT cheap.

You think you know everything, what its like to be broke? Aparently not, or you wouldnt be ragging on me about my life decisions.

BenMax, yes I do courses online, and it takes up alot of my day, but if I sit here, ALL day, and do that, I wont want to do it anymore, so I chat while I do it, here, msn, chatroom....I talk because not only is my priority my schooling, but trying to get my dog trained too, and if Im already home, and doing my schoolwork, I might as well kill two birds with one stone, and get advice here too. Its not hard to flick between internet screens. Sorry to yell, your questions were legitimate, and I apologize, I have really appreciated the advice you have been giving me. Yeah I have things, dishes, you know, a night stand...The rest is my moms, and she keeps her dogs well, she feeds my dog at the moment. So, maybe I have stuff I could get rid of, but I just lost my home of 21 years, this and the damn dog are all I have.

There are lots of you who I dont mean to direct this at, and I really do feel like a jerk for my explosion, but Im people, and I have feelings. I dont appreciate being told that I'm not doing what I can for my dog, OR myself, whom I wasnt asking for advice on thanks, I can handle myself, I worry about the dog.

I dont know how any of you can honestly say "a pet isnt for comfort and companionship" like hell they arent. I dont even care what you have to say...Maybe you are all deluded by what you see day by day, but I know one thing, when I cry, when CRUELTY makes me cry, it doesnt matter how energetic Bennie is, he knows, and he cares, he comforts me, and he listens, and you know....he cant talk sure, so he never talks back, but he NEVER treats me like garbage. People do.

I dont wonder why I like animals more than I like some people, its an obvious choice. They love unconditionally, people are only good until you do something that doesnt fit into their "meaning and responsibility for life"

Really, its my life, and my responsibility is to assure I can give Ben the best life I can AFFORD to give, and trust me, Im a godsend in comparison to some of the people I see out there, who dont even deserve pets because they DONT care what happens. I might not be your idea of ideal, sure, but Im not looking for approval at all. I was looking for advice to help me train my dog, so he is safe, for myself, for my pets, for my community. .

Once again, maybe this will anger people, sorry if it does, but I AM PEOPLE and words CAN hurt. I need advice for training my dog, not someone telling me step by step how to work MY life. When I can afford to fix Bennie, I will, I said that, MULTIPLE times, I dont intend to leave him unfixed, at all, which I ALSO said. If that doesnt suit you, I suppose Im sorry, but I dont have many other options.

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 12:52 PM
BenMax and Breeze, sorry I got your posts confused, but still do not mean to be addressing any of this to you. You have been helpful. Breeze I addressed schooling to BenMax because I got a little lost. Sorry.

Sorry again, look at things from my point of view please. Life isnt a bunch of roses, and sometimes its more difficult than others, this happens to be one of those times.

Love4himies
October 8th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I hear a lot of anger in your posts about your dad, please use that energy to get your education and NEVER be financially dependent on somebody again. That way you have the freedom to make your own choices, get as many animals as you want and can afford.

Have you asked your dad for help? What has goes on between your mom and dad should have no reflection on your relationship with him and I hope it doesn't. Another good resource is to make an appointment with a financial counsellor at college or university. They will be able to guide you on the bursaries and grants that will be available to you. If either your parents haven't been to post secondary, I think the gov't is offering some bursaries to those students.

I know what it is like to work and go to school. I did it for 8 years, working full time, going to school at night (25 hours a week of school), plus I had a young child. I had nobody to pay for my schooling.

Good luck and stay focused on your goal.

breeze
October 8th, 2009, 12:58 PM
BenMax and Breeze, sorry I got your posts confused, but still do not mean to be addressing any of this to you. You have been helpful. Breeze I addressed schooling to BenMax because I got a little lost. Sorry.

Sorry again, look at things from my point of view please. Life isnt a bunch of roses, and sometimes its more difficult than others, this happens to be one of those times.

I understand life suck, been there done that, but you have to work on things..
stop complaining, stop feeling sorry for yourself, s*hit happened now you have to move on..

you are all over the place girl!! and that is not helping anything....

prioritize things so that you will learn how to cope.. one thing at a time..

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 01:06 PM
L4H

I dont let the issues between my parents affect my relationship with either. Ive asked my dad for help, but his new family takes priority, he tells me they dont have money, but his girlfriend goes to the Casino, thats my problem with my dad, is that he doesnt help when I ask. I love him and all, but he drives me up the wall. Dad went to post-sec, I will look into the bursary you are talking about. At the moment I am taking 2 highschool courses, to get my grade up in one, and to help me get into a good college or university with the other. It doesnt sound like much, but it is alot of work, the courses each have an assignment a week, and most of them dont make any sense, so you have to research the assignment before you can even start doing it, lol, its alot of work.

Breeze

Yeah I feel a little sorry for myself at the moment, but up until this past week I havent been worried about me, my main concern is my dog, believe it or not, and I know lots of people say that, but it really IS my concern. I want him to be safe, so I am trying to get him trained. Thats all.

I thank you both for you helpful advice. I really do.

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I am working on gettin my act together, its why Im back in school, and trying to train my pooch.

breeze
October 8th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I am working on getting my act together, its why Im back in school, and trying to train my pooch.

then that is what you should be consecrating on, forget the other things..except the doc's appointment!! that is also very important...

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Thats on my mind too, I cant possibly forget that. I made it for a couple days from now, just to see if things straighten out on their own...you know? So Im still optimistic.

:) I appreciate the assistance you guys have offered, the advice has been amazingly helpful, and I am sure it will continue to help.

BenMax
October 8th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Ok - sounds ridiculous but sometimes you need to get organized on paper.

Make a list of things outstanding that need to be done. Try to accomplish little tasks (it's encouraging). Move onto other things that have been bugging you are need attending to. Do them and mark them off your list.

Once you see things on paper, you will feel better about how much is left to do. You will feel a weight lifted off your shoulder.

In life, regardless as to what we have been through, you can survive yourself or be a victim to yourself. Every single person has a story to tell, and though we deal with them differently, it's up to you whether you choose to move on and leave the bad karma behind, or continue to hold others and yourself accountable for the rest of your days. Let go and live life to the fullest....that is my advice anyways.

Love4himies
October 8th, 2009, 01:26 PM
BenMax has some great suggestions.

One thing that helped me keep orgainized and focused while I was going to school was a list of courses I had to obtain to get my designation. It was a list that I looked at many times over the years, to decide what I was taking in the semester and to cross off those those I had completed. At first it seemed endless, but with every tick of a finished course it was a step towards my goal. It is like having something tangible to see your goal, rather than being in your mind.

No more wasted energy on your dad, you can't control him, you can only ask for his assistance and do what is best for you. :grouphug: :goodvibes:

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 01:43 PM
That is a great suggestion BenMax, I do it alot, I have all kinds of goal lists, which I use, its a great suggestion actually, because accomplishing the small things is alot harder sometimes than it would seem to be and when I get them done, its really uplifting. I have goals, for obtaining money as well, I did apply for unemployment, but I havent heard anything :S Like I said earlier, they will help pay for school, and that would be really handy.

I am happy with myself right now I have an 88% in 12U English, and at least a 95% in Philosophy, so if I continue to do my assignments as I have been, I think I should be alot more successful this time around :o

Thanks again for the advice guys its helpful, I get a really confused and lost sometimes, and its hard to keep from getting upset.

Bailey_
October 8th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I hate to sound like the downer here, because I know that you have good intentions Lyrical, but I have to say it: your life situation does not get any sympathy from me. :shrug: Every single person on this board has struggles.

Breeze struggles to take her dogs for walks, especially in winter because her body fights against her. She still finds a way.

BenMax struggles to rescue and heal most all animals that come her way and does this completley by herself.

Lovemylabs is currently fostering and looking after a rescue cat that just had kittens - not only does she already have a houseful before taking in this cat, but this particular cat was quite the handful - and she needed vet care after the kittens were born, and LML managed to make it work.

None of us here have 'ideal' family home-life situations. We all work to make things at home work and look after our pets and family as best we can.

No matter who we are, when we take an animal in, we have a responsibility to ensure it's best care that we can provide - period.

I'm just not seeing any comments on here from you about how you've tried to sell anything, do a few babysitting jobs, nothing. Just a lot of excuses as to why you can't do this, or why you can't do that.

Again, I don't want to sound rude - but I don't personally bode well with people that make excuses, even IF the excuses are very real and seem very overwhelming.

Work it out.

Like I said - Bennie is quickly approaching the age where he will want to start marking, and the other dogs in your house will encourage his desire to do this. Getting him neutered, law or not, is your best option right now.

You can continue writing about how you want to get this done, and you can continue writing about how many problems and challenges you are facing. Or you can just stop writing about it, offer to 'walk' some of those dogs you see in your neighborhood for some quick cash, and then DO IT.

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM
One thing I would never claim is that other people dont have problems, I do understand that, but everyone has their OWN problems, and no one knows the details of everyones lives, I didnt say I wasnt trying to get money, and I live in a trailer park, no one wants their dogs walked for money, they are pretty much all retired, or their dogs run loose anyways.

I actually DO have some plans for making money, that will fit with my schooling and taking care of Bennie, I want to offer my services as a photographer, and although that wont get me alot of jobs right away, it will be some cash, that can go towards my debts, my dog, my house, all that stuff.

I dont excuse myself from my life, not at all, I dont sit in a corner and cry because its crap, I have been going to school to make it better, and I have been helping my mom around here. I need a portfolio for photography, so that people can see my work, and I have been working on that as well, so Im not really sitting around doing nothing, I take pretty good photos, and I think that I could do it on a semi-professional scale at least.

I havent sold my things, no, but I also dont have all that much in the way to sell, I cant sell the kittens, although I probably should to ensure that the people who are taking them like...have the money, but I am not a rescue, and they are cats, which people can get free elsewhere, so why pay me?

We have a few personal items, none worth selling, I dont BUY clothes, I have them given to me, so the clothing I have isnt draining my pocket, I dont buy anything anymore.

Excuses. I dont know, I dont mean to make exceptions for my life, but they are the truthful things.

Like I said, I am trying to put myself into a position where I have a small photog business, if that doesnt work, I will try something else, and something else. I have several ideas, so I am hopeing that I get somewhere with them. Going to post on Kijiji to make bedroom door signs for kids...I paint well, I will pawn my abilities so I can make money.

All of you telling me that my "woe is me" shpiel isnt helpful, was actually helpful, kinda gave me some ideas....thanks.

Bailey_
October 8th, 2009, 02:13 PM
One thing I would never claim is that other people dont have problems, I do understand that, but everyone has their OWN problems, and no one knows the details of everyones lives, I didnt say I wasnt trying to get money, and I live in a trailer park, no one wants their dogs walked for money, they are pretty much all retired, or their dogs run loose anyways.

I realize this Lyrical. It's just that you keep talking about. And again, you proved my point...you assume that no one wants their dogs walked for money, you haven't asked anyone, even though this market is HUGE.

If you walked six of these dogs for ten dollars, or even two dogs three times each, you would have enough money to neuter Bennie. I'm not saying you HAVE to walk dogs, but do you see what I'm saying here? Until someone has exhausted ALL of their resources, I don't feel like they have the right to complain or tell us why they 'can't'.

Your photography idea sounds awesome. Good luck with it!

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I am going to throw out some of my talents, and see what I can do. I have been asked to draw up a couple tattoo designs, maybe i should start charging 10$ a piece for that haha.

I know I CAN do more, I just have to push myself to do it all. (and pay my sister to drive me places:P little does she know:thumbs up) lol.

14+kitties
October 8th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I guess I am one of the ones you are upset at. But I have a few words of wisdom for you anyway. Take 'em or leave 'em.

As long as you are in school your father or parent making the most money is responsible for your educational costs. I don't know if they will consider online courses as being in school. I doubt it. But you can check into it. If not there are adult classes in high schools which will lead to your college or university. Your mother would have to take your dad to court or to a lawyer in order to get it started. Yes, I know your mom has no money. However, there is legal aid.
Nothing is impossible.
Y'know, everyone has a rough life sometime. I had a crappy upbringing with an alcoholic father, four siblings, and an uncle who abused me for six months when I was ten. You learn to grow from that. Not grovel.
At this point in my life I am one of those that you would consider "lower class" if you are looking at me just from the monetary side. I work part time. My hubby is self employed. Some years he doesn't make much either. We hardly live high on the hog as quite a few people from here know. But since mid Dec of 2007 I have managed to have close to 40 cats fixed. Very soon it will be over that number. You find the money somewhere to do it. You just do.
I won't bother you any more. You have a lot to work out. The best of luck to you.

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 03:14 PM
No 14+ you werent one of the ones to upset me, you had input that was helpful.

I am not against people criticising me at all, Ive got issues, and alot of them need to be dealt with. I take constructive criticism and I use it to my best advantage. Sometimes it stings, and I get upset, and maybe say something that at the time seems right, but I always go back and revise.

I dont want to single out one or two or however many people who upset me, however if I keep stating the ones who DIDNT then it would be pretty obvious. I stated this topic, I esentially asked to be singled out, those who responded did not, and although they upset me, I am sure that given a different topic they would offer good advice.

I stated the reasons I was upset, and its mostly the "life coaching" or telling me i shouldnt be priveledged to have children, or pets, or the multitude of other things the just dug under my fingernails at the time.

I dont hold a grudge, I just think that sometimes feelings of the OP should maybe be considered?

14+ You gave me good advice and tips, and I appreciate them thank you.

All of you who gave advice, thanks.

Lyrical44
October 8th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Twice now I have created a post where I've gotten defensive. Again I want to say a couple words.

I appreciate the advice, I respect ALL of you for the AMAZING things you do, there is no questions asked that you are all GOOD people.

I simply get upset at some things, and its inevitable.

Again, respect, yes alot, and appreciation, are all I have to offer you all right now, but I do offer it, even in times of anger and frustration.