Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poor Petie

Dottie Ann
August 21st, 2004, 09:47 AM
Thank you all who responded to my message about my petie. I just want to let you all know I did have petie to rest. That was the hardest thing to do, like losing my child. I stayed with him to the end and I swear that when we got to my vets, he knew what was going on and he seemed really at ease. I have truly missed him and can swear I hear his little bark and cough around the house still, especially at night. I miss him terribly but know he is better now. Thanks again for all the words of kindness and support. Dottie Ann

Goldenmom
August 21st, 2004, 10:40 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. In the circumstances, I really believe that it was time to give this dog some peace.

He is now running around Rainbow Bridge all healthy and playing with all the other dogs! Lucky fella!

Heather and her 3 Golden girls

Lucky Rescue
August 21st, 2004, 10:53 AM
I know it's not much comfort, but you did the right thing for this baby. How lucky Petie was, to be loved so long and right til the end.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Cactus Flower
August 21st, 2004, 12:26 PM
Sincere condolences for your loss.

Maybe he is barking to say "Thank you, Mommy" and show you he is happy and at peace :)

glasslass
August 21st, 2004, 02:22 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss! I know there are 3 other poodles waiting at the Rainbow Bridge who'll watch out for Petie - mine. Everyday when I came home and pulled into the garage, I would hear my dog's excited squeal on the other side of the door. After he was gone, it broke my heart to still hear it. Only now I realized the squeal was from my car's fanbelt. I still cry even as I type this. :o I know what you're feeling now and it will get easier eventually.

glasslass
August 21st, 2004, 02:25 PM
Dottie? Just want to add - welcome to the board. I hope you'll stay with us. I think you'll find this is a wonderful place to find support from other pet lovers who understand that losing a pet is no different than losing a child.
"Dodie"

heeler's rock!
August 21st, 2004, 04:30 PM
Dottie, I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Losing a member of your family is never easy. I have 3 dogs right now and my oldest is my first dog ever. Saying goodbye to her will be the hardest thing I'm ever going to have to do. It was really inspiring to know that you stayed with your little one right to the end. I'm sure is is in a happy place watching over you from above.......

chico2
August 21st, 2004, 04:35 PM
Awww,I am so sorry Dottie,but you did the only thing you could do,if he liked cats,I have 5 over the rain-bow bridge,everybody loves everybody in that wonderful place.