Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Remember the old?

14+kitties
October 4th, 2009, 10:04 AM
When we first built the catuary? And things were thrown together in a hurry to give the kitties a safe place?
The old cathouse (shed)
And what I have been working on for the past two weeks.... gutting, reinsulating, framing and installing a real window, and putting up walls. Not perfect but a darn sight better than before!!

14+kitties
October 4th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Tinker was my "tester" before I moved over the fosters.
Greyson - the first thing he did was test the walls for scratching strength.
The first thing Zara and Kearn did was test the litter. :rolleyes:

14+kitties
October 4th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Zara is very quiet and reserved. She wasn't sure what she should do so she ran into the thing she was familiar with... the sleeping room.
Kearn on the other hand wanted to check out everything at once!
Who needs sisal? I'll just take the wood thanks!! I still have to cover the post with the sisal which I will do tomorrow on my day off.

14+kitties
October 4th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Calysta checked out this nifty toy.
While Greyson made use of the crinkly fish bed that Winston gave us the last visit. :thumbs up
And as I was leaving they were all happily playing with a hanging mousie or other toys. Except Zara.. a girl has to stay looking good!!

Chaser
October 4th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Wonderful!!!! You've done such an amazing job, and they look so very happy! It's a cat's paradise in there.

Absolutely incredible :highfive: :grouphug:

lUvMyLaB<3
October 4th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Awwwwww wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

My Goodness!! Look at them!! I love that one climbing the post!!

Imagine what these kitties think 14+, after seeing what they have seen with their little eyes, probably wanting to give up hope at one time, and then you come along. I cannot imagine what kind of world we would live in if there were even just a few more like you! You are amazing at what you do for these cats, and I can just hope that one day I can make a difference as big as you do!

I truly believe there is a special place as a reward for those that help those that need it most, and 14+, you are helping those that need it most, there isn't much else that needs the kind of help lonely, unwanted cats need, true:angel: you are, I hope you know that!

Great job on the shed!!! they look SOOO HAPPY!!! Can you say..... spoiled????? lol!! It looks great!!

I mean... uhmmm.. I am not to sure... perhaps I need to see a few more pics to truly understand, you know... how the kitties are adjusting and stuff.. yes... a few more pics please :)

Love4himies
October 4th, 2009, 11:04 AM
OMG, that looks like a great setup, kudos to you :thumbs up.

:laughing: Zare and Kearn are just like Puddles, new litter, better go use before somebody else does :laughing:

And Jasper would have to leave his scent by scratching everything too :laughing:.

14+kitties
October 4th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks ladies. :D And thanks for the kind words LML.
It's funny, Greyson from the minute I first picked him up rubbed his cheek on mine. Marking me already for his. Fast worker. :rolleyes: Zara does the same but she waited a little while to do it. The two babies haven't shown any interest in me yet. Except for this morning when Kearn wanted to use my leg as a climbing post. :frustrated:

Smiley14
October 4th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Wow, that really is amazing to see the before and after and how far it's all come! I said it before, and I'll say it again, you are an :angel: and such an inspiration. LOVE the pics of all the kitties checking things out! :cloud9:

BenMax
October 4th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Heck that is so nice, I think I know where I am going for a bed and breakfast if I come your way! Will the cats share the bed I wonder...;)

Frenchy
October 4th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Heck that is so nice, I think I know where I am going for a bed and breakfast if I come your way! Will the cats share the bed I wonder...;)

I was thinking the same BM , looks mighty comfy to me , and no phones , no computers , kitties to cuddle with ..... :cloud9:

rainbow
October 4th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Awesome job you have done. :highfive:

I'm so out of the loop here still :o ....when did you get the grey cats added to your menagerie? :cloud9:

MommaKat
October 4th, 2009, 01:59 PM
WoW what a difference, it looks really comfy and I love their new window. They look really happy in there :cloud9: .

Dee-O-Gee
October 4th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Our kitty, Kitty use to have a nifty toy like Calysta's but Gryphon got hold of it and managed to get the ball out! :eek:

Great pictures 14+ and it's amazing how things have progressed! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
October 4th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Nice job, 14+!! :highfive: Greyson seems to be enjoying the view during his morning scratch :cat: I predict the window is going to be very popular. They're hoping you put in a bird feeder for them to watch. :D

LadyLike
October 4th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Wow, that looks amazing!
Great job.

chico2
October 4th, 2009, 04:49 PM
OMG,our super-kitty lady at work again,it looks great and the kitties are so cute:lovestruck:
I've said it once and I'll say it again,you are the"bestest":thumbs up

krdahmer
October 4th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Wow....what a nice job!:highfive: The kitties look to be enjoying the new digs too! I'll have to come check it out sometime this month.... I'm finally getting some days off at work, and hubby is back to work!:thumbs up

14+kitties
October 4th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Awesome job you have done. :highfive:

I'm so out of the loop here still :o ....when did you get the grey cats added to your menagerie? :cloud9:

Here you go rainbow. :D
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=65453

If you haven't heard about them you probably don't know about Jupiter, Orbit, Benni or Snoopy either. :rolleyes: :D

14+kitties
October 4th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Nice job, 14+!! :highfive: Greyson seems to be enjoying the view during his morning scratch :cat: I predict the window is going to be very popular. They're hoping you put in a bird feeder for them to watch. :D

A bird feeder? In a sanctuary with 27 kitties? :eek: Poor birdies!!!!! The house the fosters are in is the old shed which is beside the newer, bigger cat house hazel. They can keep an eye on the other kitties.

OMG,our super-kitty lady at work again,it looks great and the kitties are so cute:lovestruck:
I've said it once and I'll say it again,you are the"bestest":thumbs up

I am pretty proud of myself chico. You know how bad the last one was. I didn't have to ask hubby for help once!!

Wow....what a nice job!:highfive: The kitties look to be enjoying the new digs too! I'll have to come check it out sometime this month.... I'm finally getting some days off at work, and hubby is back to work!:thumbs up

Yes, yes you will. And it's about time hubby is back to work! :thumbs up

14+kitties
October 4th, 2009, 06:31 PM

I was thinking the same BM , looks mighty comfy to me , and no phones , no computers , kitties to cuddle with ..... :cloud9:

You all know where to find me. :D I'm sure kitties will share. Not sure of the washroom facilities though. :rolleyes:

WoW what a difference, it looks really comfy and I love their new window. They look really happy in there :cloud9: .

I hope they will be very happy in there until they find their furever home. :fingerscr

luckypenny
October 4th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Awesome 14+ :goodvibes:!!!

ancientgirl
October 4th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Wow 14+, what a great new home for them!! They look so happy!

growler~GateKeeper
October 4th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Awesome job :thumbs up

Had to :laughing: at the synchro litterbox testing :D & Greyson testing the walls :D

edwina
October 4th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Very cool :thumbs up
Kitties look happy :cloud9:

Chris21711
October 5th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Great Job 14k :thumbs up

Now pack your tools and head on over to my place :laughing:

14+kitties
October 5th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Our kitty, Kitty use to have a nifty toy like Calysta's but Gryphon got hold of it and managed to get the ball out! :eek:

Great pictures 14+ and it's amazing how things have progressed! :thumbs up

I have a big one in the house, one in the big cathouse, and now one in the small fosterhouse. They all get played with. The one in the house not so much. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Great Job 14k :thumbs up

Now pack your tools and head on over to my place :laughing:

I'll be right there. But honestly, I think you would do much better with aslan if you want building done. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
October 5th, 2009, 10:24 AM
A bird feeder? In a sanctuary with 27 kitties? :eek: Poor birdies!!!!! The house the fosters are in is the old shed which is beside the newer, bigger cat house hazel. They can keep an eye on the other kitties.

:laughing: Outside the cattery, 14+...put it outside! :p Put some PVC around the post to keep critters from scaling it et voila! Instant entertainment! :p

14+kitties
October 5th, 2009, 11:35 AM
:laughing: Outside the cattery, 14+...put it outside! :p Put some PVC around the post to keep critters from scaling it et voila! Instant entertainment! :p

Weelllll hazel - I figure the trees that are in the catuary are filled with birds. They keep the kitties quite happy watching them. Where the window is situated for the fosters' shed the kitties wouldn't be able to see a feeder anyway. KMK's house is in the way. :rolleyes:
There is a wind chime in the tree right outside the window. They can see and hear it. Plus they have tons of toys to play with. I think they are pretty happy. (I hope)

Love4himies
October 5th, 2009, 11:57 AM

We used a metal pole and DH bent some metal to hang feeders on, critters can't get to the birds or the seed, and Rose loves watching them from the deck. Jasper and Sweet Pea will sit under the feeders and just watch them but they can't jump high enough to get them.

clm
October 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
It's wonderful place you've built for all those kitties.

It's a lucky stray that happens into your life, to be a stray no more, but a member of the 14+ tribe with all the love and attention every kitty deserves.

You're an amazing person 14+, simply amazing.

clm

14+kitties
October 5th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Aww thank you clm. I know you do more than your share with your strays so that means a lot!! :grouphug:

clm
October 5th, 2009, 02:53 PM
You know if everyone could learn to appreciate the basic need to spay and neuter, the intelligence, the beauty, the fun, the independent nature, the qirks, the sheer power and the love of a cat, there wouldn't be so many strays to start with. I love all animals, but the one animal I will never be without, ever, is a cat. They are facinating creatures, truly a wonder of nature. To hold or pet a cat and listen to that contented purr.....there is nothing better than that.:cloud9:

clm

14+kitties
October 5th, 2009, 03:04 PM
You are absolutely right! I wish I had the means to take out full page ads in all the major newpapers and TV to say exactly that! There are so many low cost s/n programs or vets willing to do the operations for a reduced cost there really is no reason for the overpopulation.
I have had customers tell me they would rather spend the money on humans than cats as they are shelling out 30, 40 bucks a week for food. Don't they realize if they don't do something about the strays coming to eat that food that in another year they will be paying what I pay in a week? That's a heck of a lot more than 30 or 40 bucks!! Of course mother nature takes care of some - coyotes, freezing weather, etc. Cars take care of more. :wall: :sad:

When I was in with the fosters today putting the sisal up around their post Greyson kept butting me with his head for lovins, Zara was walking on my back and Kearn and Calysta, the babies, kept trying to get onto my lap. I don't know how anyone can have something like that happen to them and not have their heart melt. :cloud9: