Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

They Look So Innocent

Smiley14
October 2nd, 2009, 09:56 PM
They look so innocent...but they're not. But times like this, they can get away with anything. Aww. :lovestruck: I'm trying hard to remember the mess I came home to just a few hours before these pics were taken, LOL.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/sleeping006.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/sleeping008.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/sleeping011.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/sleeping010.jpg

luckypenny
October 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
They look so innocent...but they're not.

Errr, yes, they are. I don't see any evidence otherwise :shrug:.

Awwww, they're sharing a pillow :cloud9:.

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
awwww that's too cute ! :cloud9:

and Petey was sleeping alone ? :cry:

Smiley14
October 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
LOL. I was about ready to kill them when I got home two nights ago, but then couldn't stay mad when I saw them like that. They decided to knock over every plant in the house and drag plant bits around and grind black dirt into my off white carpet in the family room and two flights of stairs. It took me over two hours at 2am to try to salvage my plants and to shampoo out black dirt from the carpet. I took these pics at 4am. I found them sleeping like that upstairs when I had just finished shampooing downstairs.

Don't feel bad for Petey. He was snoring away on his heated memory foam bed. He's not spoiled at all. :o I know he wasn't the culprit because the paw prints were too small. :rolleyes:

14+kitties
October 2nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
:cloud9::cloud9: Nope, can't stay mad at that!! :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee
October 2nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
Mess from these little guys???? They look too innocent to be causing any troubles..must have been the Gremlins! :D :D

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
I took these pics at 4am. I found them sleeping like that upstairs when I had just finished shampooing downstairs.

well of course , they got tired and sleepy by watching you work so hard :laughing:

omg sounds like a real mess you had :eek: white carpets ??????

Smiley14
October 2nd, 2009, 10:11 PM
well of course , they got tired and sleepy by watching you work so hard :laughing:

omg sounds like a real mess you had :eek: white carpets ??????

I know! They came with the house! So far, I've put in hardwood floors on the main level, but still saving up to put them downstairs, on the stairs, and in the bedrooms. They are the bane of my existence I tell you. It's been raining all day so I know I will have more shampooing waiting for me tonight when I get home from work in a few more hours. One big downfall of having a dog door and not crating them when I'm not home. :yell:

hazelrunpack
October 2nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
They sure do cuddle hard after team-tagging the plants... :cloud9:

Have you tried a large kennel set up inside the house, pushed up against the doggie door? Then they can get in and out but are jailed immediately upon entering. :D

Smiley14
October 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
They sure do cuddle hard after team-tagging the plants... :cloud9:

Have you tried a large kennel set up inside the house, pushed up against the doggie door? Then they can get in and out but are jailed immediately upon entering. :D

I was trying to keep my family room looking still somewhat like a family room without a giant x-pen taking up half the space (would have to be big enough for all three) , but I'm just about to give up and put one up anyway! Petey never makes messes, it's always the girls. I used to crate them and have a dog walker come half way through my shift, but at $400/month, I couldn't afford her anymore unfortunately. I'm gone too long to crate them (10 hours 5xweek) and live alone. They love their freedom, but sometimes they love it a little too much! :eek:

hazelrunpack
October 2nd, 2009, 10:33 PM
So...Girls are naughty!? Sheriff Cole has been trying to convince me of that for 6 years now! :laughing: "Finally," he says, "proof!!" :dog:

Petey is an :angel:, of course.

Maybe you can find a gating system that keeps the girls confined but is short enough for Petey to jump over. :o

Smiley14
October 2nd, 2009, 10:40 PM
So...Girls are naughty!? Sheriff Cole has been trying to convince me of that for 6 years now! :laughing: "Finally," he says, "proof!!" :dog:

Petey is an :angel:, of course.

Maybe you can find a gating system that keeps the girls confined but is short enough for Petey to jump over. :o

LOL, they are guilty as charged! Tell the Sheriff to come arrest them! :laughing:

You know, with normal dogs, that would total work. Petey has a weird quirk in that he will not jump, no matter how low it is. I think someone forgot to tell him that he's a GSP! :laughing: I have to pick his big butt up to lift him into the car even or to get him out of the car. He just REFUSES to jump up or down for some weird reason that I can't figure out. Always been that way in the 5 years I've had him. Belle and Jelly on the other hand, love to jump, Belle especially. That little girl can clear 4 feet! :eek: I want to get her into agility actually becuase I think she'd be great at it. She's learned the basic commands for pole weaving and jumping over and under bars so far, but hasn't actually run a course yet. I have to watch her knees too because of her double LP surgery. Jelly can't jump as high, but sure tries to follow wherever and whatever Belle does!

I'm about to leave work here in another half hour. I'll be sure to take pics of tonight's mess this time as I can pretty much guarantee there will be one. There always is when it rains. Muddy footprints all over the carpet! At least I get a break in the winter once we get a good snow pack down on the ground. Their messes are usually in the summer and dirt related, LOL.

growler~GateKeeper
October 2nd, 2009, 11:34 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww 2 little :angel: :angel: in matching hoodies :sleepy: :sleepy: cheek to cheek :cloud9: :cloud9:

Framed I tell ya they musta been framed! :yell:

Smiley14
October 3rd, 2009, 12:57 AM
Well, here's their "adventure" from tonight. :yell: I give up, I'm getting an x-pen this weekend! They went months without a single destruction, but have been naughty too much lately!

It doesn't really show up in the pics, but here you go.
Tipped over the blanket basket and chewed it up and pulled out some blankets.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/mess003.jpg
Chewed up the plants some more and dug out the dirt from one of the bigger plant pots.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/mess012.jpg
Doesn't show up very well, but muddy footprints.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/mess009.jpg
That rug WAS clean before I left this afternoon.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/mess008.jpg

Chaser
October 3rd, 2009, 08:16 AM
Those adorable little furballs would never do such a thing! :eek:

So cute :cloud9:

Can you gate them in a non-carpeted area of your house?

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2009, 08:58 AM
You must have ghost puppies :eek: :eek:, cause from what I see, those two pups are looking like :angel: who would never do anything :evil: wrong :D :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 3rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Princess~Queen Cass respectfully submits that the Girls are :angel:s and it's Boys that are naughty! Therefore, Petey must be framin' 'em! :p :dog:

Do you always work second shift, Smiley?

JanM
October 3rd, 2009, 09:32 AM
Aww, so cute! I'll bet they had some fun making their mess though :)

otter
October 3rd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Hmmmm, at least they are "harmless" messes :D (i.e. nobody got hurt)

It's gotta be something they plan out... how to look cute enough afterwards, so as to make you forget the disaster you just had to clean up, the bigger the disaster, the cuter they look, no?

I always worry if I come home and see Nolie looking all cute and innocent, I know as soon as I come around the corner, there is gonna be something special waiting for me :laughing:

Smiley14
October 3rd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Those adorable little furballs would never do such a thing! :eek:

So cute :cloud9:

Can you gate them in a non-carpeted area of your house?

I can't believe I didn't think of that sooner, but that may actually be a possibility! The only area currently with hardwood is the main level of the house or kitchen/living room/dining room/entry way. I always close off all the bedrooms and bathrooms when I leave and there is a door to close off the lower section of the house where the family room/carpet is that I could also close when I leave. The big thing is that my dog door is currently installed in the downstairs sliding door. But as it is a sliding door insert, it could technically be moved and installed in the upstairs sliding door in the dining room that opens onto the deck, which has stairs into the yard. It took my Dad a good half a day to install the dog door, but I think I will ask him if he could move it upstairs for me sometime. It's kind of ugly, so I prefer it downstairs, but at least it would solve my problem until I can afford to put in hardwood downstairs! We have plans to also put in new french doors and a permanent dog door at the same time we do the hardwood downstairs anyway. My someday dream! :) The main level is all an open layout and they never do damage up there (so far) and any mud would be easy to mop up instead of having to shampoo all the time. Now that would be NICE! Now I just have to convince Dad of it, LOL! Poor Dad. They live four hours away from me so I'm always putting him to work on something when he's here visiting since I have to take advantage of the help while I can. :)

Frenchy
October 3rd, 2009, 04:19 PM
omg they have a doggy door they can use in daytime ? Well , the mystery is solved !

:lightbulb: it's not the girls ..... it's very probably the neighborhood cats that got in and took the plant pots for litter boxes after having a cat nip party ! :lightbulb:

yes yes , that's it ! :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

chico2
October 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Frenchy,I think maybe raccoons,not kitties,absolutely not those 2 little :angel:'s,OMG are they cute:lovestruck::lovestruck:

rainbow
October 3rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
:laughing: those two little :angel:'s certainly have the innocent look down pat. :laughing:

I especially love the fourth pic ......priceless. :D

ancientgirl
October 3rd, 2009, 06:33 PM
I've heard some plants are evil, and they try to eat dogs. I totally believe they were defending themselves. :D

They look just too cute.

TeriM
October 10th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Awww, those snuggle pics are adorable :cloud9:.

I agree with Frenchy though, I think the neighbourhood cats might be framing your angels :laughing:.