Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Say Hello to our First Foster, GIZMO!

Bailey_
October 2nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
I've been holding off posting this as we wanted to get some decent pictures of our new (and first) foster doggy 'Gizmo'. He's a bundle of fluff and so incredibly sweet with his two new bigger sisters.

Gizmo is a five year old papillionX, and was found as a stray with another larger breed dog. As far as I can tell, Gizmo is not completley house-trained, though he's learning fast. He hates his crate, so we've been working on that over the past few days, and isn't a big fan of his leash. He is great with cats though, so it does lead me to believe he came from a pet-household, and while he's a bit wary of my daughter, he's tolerated her quite well so far. Gizmo had to have quite a few of his teeth removed and was not neutered when found. (He's still healing from this surgery and now has a microchip.)

We're very excited to be first-foster parents, and will keep you posted on his progress!!

Second day home, making himself at home!
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v154/138/33/516385261/n516385261_1798460_543.jpg
Blaze & Gizmo, best buds!
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2124/138/33/516385261/n516385261_5608564_7587.jpg

Jim Hall
October 2nd, 2009, 05:52 PM
hi ya giz your in the best of hands

hazelrunpack
October 2nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
He's a real cutie!! :lovestruck:

Smiley14
October 2nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
Oh my goodness, Gimzo is so handsome!!! :lovestruck: I LOVE his ears! :cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee
October 2nd, 2009, 09:46 PM
Ah Bailey...You and your family are :angel: :angel:'s! Is your daughter o.k. with him?

He's looking like he's fittin' right in and :highfive: :highfive:'s to Blaze!

growler~GateKeeper
October 2nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
Adorable lil Gizmo :lovestruck: :goodvibes: for fast easy training & a wonderful furever home (or foster failure :p)

Bailey_
October 2nd, 2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone! We've had him for juuuust under a week, and so far it's wonderful!

Adorable lil Gizmo for fast easy training & a wonderful furever home (or foster failure )

:laughing: DH already made me SWEAR that this wasn't a trick to adopt another dog.

Let's just say....:fingerscr crossed!:D

Ah Bailey...You and your family are 's! Is your daughter o.k. with him?

He's looking like he's fittin' right in and 's to Blaze!

Kiley is doing fairly well. She loves animals and gets veerrrrrry excited when she see's one she hasn't seen before. (Going to the dog park with my daughter is extremly hilarious.)
The only thing we're watching is to ensure that Gizmo can handle her excitement and that he doesn't get too scared by her. She claps, laughs, makes lots of OOOOH! noises and because he's five years old, we aren't sure if he was ever around kids and are continuing to take extra precautions. So far he doesn't go up to her on his own free will, but also doesn't run away when she comes clomping over to him, so I have to give him props. :laughing:

MommaKat
October 2nd, 2009, 11:35 PM
He's so handsome! I love his ears and spots :lovestruck: Grats on your first foster :thumbs up !

rainbow
October 3rd, 2009, 01:01 AM
Awww, he's such a cutie. :lovestruck:

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2009, 08:39 AM
Oh what a sweetie Gizmo is :cloud9: :lovestruck: and he is looking very, very comfy in your home :thumbs up, who knows what the future holds:whistle:, sometimes hubbies can become very smitten with fosters ;)

catlover2
October 3rd, 2009, 10:48 AM
What a cutie-pie! Always had a soft spot in my heart for Paps. They are very intelligent and very willing to please. Hope he finds a gr8 home (or yours!). :fingerscr

Frenchy
October 3rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
wow , he's too cute !!! :lovestruck:

Sylvie
October 3rd, 2009, 01:14 PM
What a little sweetie,:cloud9: Congratulations on your first foster.:thumbs up You will find it very rewarding.

Bailey_
October 3rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks all!

Here's a pic I just took with my phone of the little stinker, sound asleep after a day at the dog park with his two "sisters". The girls have been great with him so far, really showing him the ropes. He seemed hesitant to be at the park, off-leash, and is verrrrrrrrry submissive with other strange dogs (which I had expected because of how he acts with Bailey & Blaze) but I was very proud of him. Came when I called, and stuck with us. :thumbs up

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v645/138/33/516385261/n516385261_5505984_7194.jpg

chico2
October 3rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
Bailey,what a little sweet-heart:lovestruck:having been a stray,he probably thinks he's in heaven right now,thank's to you and your family:grouphug:

Bailey_
October 3rd, 2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks Chico. I honestly can say I don't think I would've thought about opening our home as fosters until coming to this forum and seeing all of you do it! It's been such a wonderful experience so far and we've only had him for a short time yet. :lovestruck:

lUvMyLaB<3
October 3rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Congrats on your first foster.. It gets very addicting so I am sure this will be the first of many many more!!

OH andd dont worry about DH! L4H and I are experts at convincing dh's!!!!!!!!!! (my DH says he HATES animals, why animals, too many animals blah blah blah) He is a big suck, if I can keep a foster, anyone can! hahaha!! Good luck! I am sure you will help him be an amazing dog and be on his way to an awsome forever family!

ancientgirl
October 3rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
He's adorable. Congratulations!

BenMax
October 4th, 2009, 12:27 PM
So you finally took the plunge...Good for you!!!

Bailey - you are going to enjoy your experience. I cannot tell you how much this is going to mean to you. I wish I kept a diary about all my trial and tribulations with my fosters. Take pictures and keep a journal. You will love to go back and reflect.

Congrats Bailey! This is one lucky dog who is going to get the best chance at a 2nd chance under your direction and care! YOU GO GIRL!!!!:thumbs up

kiara
October 4th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Congratulations on your first foster! He's really handsone and could become a foster failure (hint, hint) He is making himself very comfortable at your house. Fostering is so rewarding, after this one there may be many more. With my husband's help we have fostered many cats and even visited some after adoption. It is wonderful to see how their lives changed, after being rescued from the street, and being thin, hungry and unloved.

Rottielover
October 4th, 2009, 03:00 PM
He sure is a cute little fella. Welcome to the groupies of fostering :)

LadyLike
October 4th, 2009, 03:54 PM
He's super cute! And it's awesome he's getting on just fine with your dogs.