Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Past Foster Babes (pic hvy)

TwinTails
October 2nd, 2009, 01:43 AM
Here are some photos of my fosters and foster failures over the past 6 years :D

First is Sasha, a beautiful tortie point Birman. She was dumped at my door because she was a "needy" cat. She was very independant, so I'm not sure where they got that idea. She was adopted to a loving family who had her spayed, microchipped and tattooed (in waver of an adoption fee, I would take the animal to the vet, they do the work, the new family pays and picks up when ready).

Second is Mogwai. Muggy, as I called him, was dumped, along with his sister, because they had another litter on the way. Muggy was adopted 4 months later by a family with a little girl. She renamed him Panther, and he certainly lived up to his name! After his neutering (et al), he grew to about 17 lbs of pure muscle. He's doing very well and is loving his life as a purely indoor kitty ;)

Last is Mittens :) Mogwai's sister. She was adopted by a wonderful single mom and her little girl. Sadly, Mittens was one of the casualties of the tainted pet food :rip: Her spirit lives on in the memories of the family.

(more to come)

TwinTails
October 2nd, 2009, 01:56 AM
Foster boy, Harley, was a gorgeous Siamese. I originally had him as a kitten (dumped as a woman fled the city to escape collection agents, lol). He was only 6 weeks old when we got him, and he stayed for about another 6 weeks. He was adopted by a young couple, with whom he stayed for 2 years. They ended up moving to Alberta, and at first could not take him. However, after much coaxing, they talked to her parents, who have him now :D He's a very happy boy, king of his castle!

Next are Chicken Nugget (Nuggy) and Freddy. Both are girls, and came to us at about 3 1/2 weeks old as feral kittens (with their brother). They were brought to me by friends who found them in their barn (Momma was a neighbors cat that was HBC :rip:). They all warmed up to us rather quickly (bottle feeding and all that), and became very loving babies. All three were adopted via the local humane society to the same family :D

Last is my very first fosture failure, Bo! She's my 9 year old Maine coon x :) She was brought to the SPCA where I worked. She was just barely 3 weeks old, and Mom had been killed on the road :sad: Bo came to live with me as a foster baby, but I quickly fell in love! Now she's my constant companion and loving soul mate :)

TwinTails
October 2nd, 2009, 02:01 AM
The kitties are my Baby and her siblings. A local BYB of Bengals called me up, saying Momma had disappeared out a window, and left 3 7 day old babes. They wanted me to rise them then give them back. I agreed to raise them as long as they became mine. Finally they agreed (although were angry at losing $900 a piece that they sold them for). Momma was an F4 Bengal, dad was 1/2 Bengal, have mutt. The little orange guy, Toodle, was adopted by a woman who had just lost her husband. He's doing great and is HUGE! The little dark girl was adopted to a family in another city. She is doing great and loves being an only cat ;) Lastly is baby, when we first got her. She was a long haired girl for a long time, and of course I fell in love with her :D

TwinTails
October 2nd, 2009, 02:08 AM
Foster dogs! Lucky is first, she is a JRT mix, though I am not sure with what. She stayed at our place after being found locked in a dumpster on the hottest day of the year :mad: After an overnight vet visit. We couldn't keep her long as she did not like our cats, lol. She was eventually taken by the HS and adopted into a single person home :)

Next is Sabastian! Gary and I found him running the streets at night on Canada day. He had been left unattended during the fireworks. Luckily, he came right to me and we brought him home. He was neutered, no tatoo though. It took us about a week to find his family (they proved to us with photos and defining marks). After that his family never left him unattended during any fireworks or thunderstorms. It scared them enough to be much more careful.

Last is Tico, Gary's old dog :) He wasn't a foster (but that is Mogwai there with him). He was a rescue, from a family that was going to dump him :frustrated: He apparently snapped at a child that pulled his tail. Anyways, he lived with Gary, and then Gary and I, for 15 years :)

TwinTails
October 2nd, 2009, 02:13 AM
Our latest fosture failure (cat wise) is Oliver :D He was supposed to go to the HS after a neighbor decided he was a rotten evil cat :yell: Lucky for us, my parents wanted to adopt him! So we kept him until they moved to Kamloops. However, then they decided they didn't want him :frustrated: So we talked about it, and eventually decided to keep him ourselves. We got him neutered and he's been a happy boy ever since :D

Next is Baby as a baby :D She's too cute for words :D I am a serious sucker for kittens, hehe!

Lastly is Tinker, Gary's first dog. She was a lovely Chihuahua/Pom :) She was given to his family when her owners didn't want her anymore. She was actually stolen by a puppymill, but Gary's dad found her and stole her back ;) Too bad for the mill (sarcasm, lol), they got raided the next day AND, Tinker was already spayed :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking! :D

Love4himies
October 2nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Oh my, you have had a lot of sweet furbabies come in and out of your life :lovestruck:.

The pic of Nuggy and Freddy is adorable :cloud9: :lovestruck:

I just can't understand how people can just dump their pets :yell: :frustrated: :sad:.

chico2
October 2nd, 2009, 08:50 AM
TT,I really loved looking at all your fosters and failures,beautiful pics:thumbs up

14+kitties
October 2nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Beautiful pups and kitties. They all are very fortunate to have crossed your path. :thumbs up

BenMax
October 2nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
All so precious and gorgeous.:lovestruck:

They were lucky to be with you when they needed it the most.:thumbs up

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2009, 12:49 PM
They are all gorgeous and how nice to know they all went to loving homes!:D

TwinTails
October 2nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
Thank you everyone :) I sure loved ll of them! Over the past 6 years we've had over 150 cats, 30 dogs, and well over 500 small pets (hamsters, rats, gerbils, etc etc etc). All of this has been after I worked with the SPCA; deffinitely is more of an eye opener for how much time, money and effort goes into caring for unwanted pets! I think everyone should foster at least once (well, maybe a few times, to understand the heartbreak of ill animals not able to be saved, seniors who no one wants because of their age, newborns that don't make it for unknown reasons, etc).

I wish I had more photos of all the beautiful critters I've had the blessing to know :D Each and every one left paw prints on my heart, thats for sure :cloud9:

rainbow
October 2nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
What a lovely bunch of furries :lovestruck: and what an amazing job you have done. :angel: :grouphug:

TwinTails
October 2nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
Aww, thank you Rainbow :D I wish I could do more now, but it's not possible anymore :sad: But, I will do what I can :grouphug: