Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Officially haveing the worst week ever.

ancientgirl
September 30th, 2009, 01:04 PM
So, apart from having my finger filleted on Monday, and having to take Vlad in to get his toenail looked at, I now learn that we lost yet another client.

Actually, it's a division of a client who has 3 division. It was the smallest division but we are not in jeopardy of losing a second division which is slightly larger. This means, we are officially in danger of capsizing.

My boss told me if we lose another substantial client he is will likely need to close the business down.

I began looking on job sites and it would be near impossible for me to find a job that pays me even close to what I make here. If I lost this job, and if I could even find a job, I would likely be able to find something that would at the most pay my rent, utilities and put food on the table for me and the gang. I would likely have to just let my car be taken away.

I am truly terrified. I have nothing to fall back on.

The only thing that will help us from going completely under is if we retain all of our current clients. And, what would truly get us above water is if my boss can get this company to come aboard and let us represent them. They are 600 employees and would really be a boost for us.

Keep your fingers crossed please!

hazelrunpack
September 30th, 2009, 01:06 PM
:fingerscr :goodvibes: :grouphug:

ancientgirl
September 30th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks, Hazel. I REALLY need all of those.

TwinTails
September 30th, 2009, 01:19 PM
:grouphug::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: :goodvibes::goodvibes::grouphug: Sending you lots and lots of good vibes! :grouphug:

ancientgirl
September 30th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Thank you TwinTails! I decided this morning I needed to think positively. My boss is Mr. doom and gloom, but I can't just give up and think there isn't hope. It's hard, I'm afraid, but I have to believe there is some sort of a solution, something good coming our way.

TwinTails
September 30th, 2009, 01:34 PM
:thumbs up Thats the ticket ;) Thinking positive is the best way to go! Think about good things coming to you, opening yourself up to things getting better and be willing to accept good things. The more you think positive, the more good will come to you :D I know it may sound silly, but it is completely true :D :grouphug::goodvibes:

onster
October 1st, 2009, 02:57 PM
awww, im sorry AG:grouphug: hopefully ure job is secure and things will look up.

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks Onster. I'm trying to be positive.

Bailey_
October 1st, 2009, 03:10 PM
Sorry to hear about this AG, that would be nervewracking for anyone. Sending :goodvibes: your way!!

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks Bailey_

I wouldn't feel so scared and nervous if it wasn't for the fact I've got the only income in my home! Those darn kitties refuse to work!

Jim Hall
October 1st, 2009, 04:00 PM
sounds like y'aall need to shke up the sales dept
what do you guys do>

chico2
October 1st, 2009, 04:15 PM
A-G,I realize it must be very concerning,especially since you are alone,since the kitties won't earn their keep:cat:
Maybe your boss,is a scare-mongerer,does not want his employees to feel too safe,it happens a lot nowadays,I hope that's the case anyway.
Stay positive,did you not go through something similar at work a while back:confused::grouphug::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2009, 06:09 PM
Jim, our sales force is made up of one person, my boss. He's an insurance broker and we mainly work with smallish companies and represent their insurance interests. We get paid commission by the health insurance companies on their business.

Chico, I'm trying to remain positive and just hope we lose no more clients. Unfortunately, I know he's not just fear mongering. I know every cent that comes in and out, I do the bookkeeping. He did seem a little less doom and gloom today, so hopefully he's also trying to be positive. We lost one of our larger clients, over 360 people, a few months ago and earlier two smaller clients. It's just been a year of lost business.

Love4himies
October 1st, 2009, 06:52 PM
Ahhh, Ag :grouphug:. I am so sorry you are not getting better news.

I hope we are at the bottom of this darn recession and the economy will start upwards again :pray:. The greed of a few has caused a lot of pain for many.

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2009, 06:59 PM
L4H, I hope you are right. My boss has been trying to get new business and nobody wants to commit to anything!

Jim Hall
October 1st, 2009, 07:02 PM
yeah i hear ya same here got like 5 clients waiting for some $$$ ansd breathing room

krdahmer
October 1st, 2009, 10:41 PM
:goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :grouphug: :pray: and the kitties have their paws crossed for ya too...:pawprint:

krdahmer
October 1st, 2009, 10:44 PM
( oh and if it makes you feel any better.... I bit a huge chunk out of my tongue tonight... it was bleeding bad and the area is now bruised pretty bad, and I also sliced my thumb pretty good, right through the nail! :rolleyes:...I'm a wee bit accident prone...:o) feel free to laugh at me.... I did!

lUvMyLaB<3
October 1st, 2009, 11:07 PM
l4h, you got it! Has affected us badly too, dh's income for sept was half of what it is supposed to be. . .i am so sorry AG i hope that it turns around, and fast for you, and your boss!

Lyrical44
October 1st, 2009, 11:46 PM
:grouphug:I know im new here, but Ive been reading your bad week.

Chin up. best wishes, sending all my good vibes your way (ive got tons to spare :D) and my fingers are crossed!

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2009, 07:13 AM
Kr - :eek:Zoinks woman! I can't imagine biting my tongue that hard. Jeez, I hope you feel better! Thankfully my nail wasn't part of the fillet job, and my finger is actually doing very well. I think a few more days of wearing a bandage and I can take it off and just put ointment on it.

lUvMyLaB<3 - Yes, the economy sucks everywhere! I honestly don't know anyone who hasn't felt it's effect in some form or another, and not in a good way. Things just have to get better.

Lyrical44 - Thank you. Positive energy is very much welcome right now.

Thankfully, Vlad is also doing well. I'm taking him back in to the vet on Tuesday, so they can just have a look at his little toenail.

CearaQC
October 2nd, 2009, 08:16 AM
With all the healthcare debates in the states these days your company may experience other changes in future. But I don't think it's all doom and gloom. Things change but that doesn't mean it's going to end on a sour note.

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Yes, the health care issue is going to be interesting to say the least.