Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spot

Lyrical44
September 28th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I had a dog, Spot, I had her from I was about 4 years old, but last August she started to go downhill. I tried everything I could to make her comfortable curled up in bed with her at night. She didnt get better though, and one day started to have seizures, and they caused her pain and made her wet herself.

I decided it was better for her to call the vet and ask their opinion on the situation, so I made an appointment, knowing all too well that it was her last day with me, and took her in.

She was 17 years old. I rode to the vet with her head in my lap, and I curled up on the floor with her in her blankie at the vets office and when it came time I gave her "The Speech"

" I love you, you were the best, I wont forget you. Im sorry, I wish there was more I could do" I hugged her and I cried, I tried so hard not to, tried to make her feel ok, but she gave me that look, the one that says "I'm ok with this, I understand, I know you love me" It made me cry all the more.

My speech consisted of the essentials, "wait for me, I will miss you, I will see you again" All the while I was thinking, how can I do this?

I always wondered, is it really just something you know is right? I knew that I couldnt do anything more, and that she was ready to go, but just couldnt.

This is my epitaph to Spot. I love her :) R.I.P Baby :'(

clm
September 29th, 2009, 06:10 PM
She was very pretty. A lovely sweet face. I'm sorry for your loss.

clm

Jim Hall
September 29th, 2009, 06:36 PM
rest in peace pretty one parting is hard but I know you will wait for me

I have always regarded ending a pets life to be a sacred privilege and an
unbreakable duty

Lyrical44
September 30th, 2009, 01:36 AM
it was hard, but she was unwell and ready, and I would never have had her suffer in order to ease any suffering of my own. She will wait for me and I will join her one day :) thanks for your condolances

Shaykeija
September 30th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.. Race to the bridge baby...

14+kitties
September 30th, 2009, 07:07 AM
:candle::rip: Spot:candle:

Love4himies
September 30th, 2009, 08:04 AM
So sorry to hear about your loss.

She may be gone in body, but not in spirit as she will live forever in your heart.

:rip: Spot :candle: How lucky you were to have such a loving guardian.

BenMax
September 30th, 2009, 09:51 AM
You can see the tenderness of Spot. I am so very sorry for your loss. It is a difficult time for you I am certain, but find comfort in knowing that Spot is still with you in spirit. You will not be forgotten as her protector, her rock, her friend and companion.

RIP Spot :rip:. Peace to you both.:candle:

Lyrical44
September 30th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks all very much. The anniversary of the vet date was the hardest, and I still cry when I look at her pictures, but I remember her always. She was my baby.

BenMax
September 30th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks all very much. The anniversary of the vet date was the hardest, and I still cry when I look at her pictures, but I remember her always. She was my baby.

We can all relate to you on so many levels. The people here at pets are so compassionate and wonderful. We all help one another especially during times like these.

We are hear to listen.

Lyrical44
September 30th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I am deffinately here to offer my support and advice to anyone in this situation :) I feel for anyone who loves their pet enough to consider that they might be in more pain than they can handle

I met a gentleman one day at my old job, he came through the drivethru, and in his passenger seat was a wollen blanked, and a picture of a dog, I commented on the picture, and he told me the story of his dog, how she had to be put to sleep, and he blushed a little saying "I usually put the picture aside when I come to a drivethru, people seem to think its strange that I drive with a picture of my deceased dog" He kept the picture and the blanket for his dog, I felt so touched by his devotion and strength, to be able to have a constant reminder of his beloved pet. I cant even look at her pictures without getting choked up, but to have her blankie and picture together, its been a year and I still cant do it...

wendy205
October 18th, 2009, 03:57 PM
im so sad to hear of your loss she was a beautiul looking dog and quite a good age,
she will be dearly miss in this life, but memories of her will live forever
R.I.P. SPOT:rip::candle: