Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Paw Problem

KarenS.
August 20th, 2004, 10:54 AM
My MollyCat has small little growths, one each, coming out of the top of the pads on her paw. The growths look like a little nail coming out of the top of her paw pads. She still has her nails, and her nails are white. The growth from each paw pad is black, the same colour as her paw pad. It doesn't seem to bother her very often when she runs or jumps, however, the odd time she will shake her paw as if trying to shake it off. Last evening I got the nerve to touch the "growth" and it seemed to hurt her. She has one growing from each pad on her front right side only. The other 3 paws don't have it.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this?

I have also posted this question to the vet, but wanted to see if anyone out there had experienced this.

Thanks very much!
KarenS.

daisy18216
August 20th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Sorry, I don't have a cat so I can't help you w/this. I hope you get her to a vet to get checked. It's better to be safe than sorry.

As soon as you find out what it is can you post it, just in case someone else ever has this problem. I would like to know what it is also, as my friends just adopted cats and a kitten from the shelter.

KarenS.
August 20th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks daisy18216. I have an appointment tomorrow to get her checked, and will let everyone know as soon as I find out.

daisy18216
August 20th, 2004, 01:43 PM
ok, and Good Luck tomorrow, I hope it's nothing serious.

KarenS.
August 23rd, 2004, 02:50 PM
Well, I was at the vet on Saturday and he indicated that it was probably callouses of some kind. I was told to put vaseline on the paw as often as I could. The reason I say "probably" is because the cat was in such a state, hissing and actually spitting, that the vet could/would not examine her. I was holding her, but got my arm bit in a few spots right through my demin jacket (bit by the cat - not the vet!). :D

I have another appointment for a second opinion and will share the results later in the week.