Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ad banners covering thread posts

wdawson
September 24th, 2009, 09:21 PM
those evil google ads are haunting me.

Bailey_
September 24th, 2009, 09:24 PM
:eek: Crazy! Can you get an ad blocker? I've never had that happen at all...

wdawson
September 24th, 2009, 09:41 PM
the ads are how they pay the bills,so i don't think they can be blocked,but they are the cause of alot of problems:frustrated:

Bailey_
September 24th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Odd. I've never had them intrude upon reading posts before like that though. Sorry, I don't really have any suggestions! :shrug:

aslan
September 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM
it's the powers that be getting even with you for making your pooooor sick wife sleep in a tent in the yard.:D

wdawson
September 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM
and again,its frustrating.

breeze
September 25th, 2009, 07:36 AM
I'm not getting what the others are getting

but last night and this morning the site is lagging a lot. Last night was worst than this morning.

marko
September 25th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Hmmmm that is very Odd Winston. I've never seen that ever. The ads should never hide the content....arrrgh. What browser and operating system are you using and are you surfing from a normal desktop or laptop?

Unfortunately the ads help pay for stuff....We've made them less intrusive over the years....and have some ideas on making them even less intrusive in the nearish future. Sorry bout the hassle.
Marko

Winston
September 25th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Marko its actually WDawson thats having the trouble...I never see that? maybe he can shed some more light on it! :thumbs up

aslan
September 25th, 2009, 04:48 PM
i've had lately that i'll log on in the morning and it says no new posts, so i click today's posts and low and behold, all kinds of new posts. Last couple of days the site has been lagging alot.

wdawson
September 26th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Hmmmm that is very Odd Winston. I've never seen that ever. The ads should never hide the content....arrrgh. What browser and operating system are you using and are you surfing from a normal desktop or laptop?

hi marko

IE8 browser,vista home premium on a wireless home network useing a laptop.

ancientgirl
September 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Maybe you should try using Firefox. It might help.:shrug:

breeze
September 26th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Marko when the computer laggs, on the bottom (you know where it says done after it is finished downloading)

it says connecting to tags can't think of the rest.

aslan
September 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM
AG breeze and I both use firefox, still lagging..:shrug:

pbpatti
October 7th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I have been getting a SHAW ad that you can X out of today, it is annoying but at least you can X it closed.

Dee-O-Gee
October 7th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I downloaded IE8 and found problems with trying to connect to certain websites through my google homepage. I then downloaded Google Chrome and it eliminated the website connection problems. :shrug: