Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mini Pom looking for home !

Frenchy
September 23rd, 2009, 04:57 PM
Jack is a one year old mini Pomenarian (5.8 lbs !) looking for a new family.

Frenchy
September 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Oups .... too late people , I just adopted him :laughing:

another foster failure :headslap: somebody stop me !

Frenchy
September 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
So .... we went to the pet store and got mini dog stuff :laughing:

and a must for a 5.8 lbs dog who lives in the boonies .... fall sweater :laughing:

14+kitties
September 23rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
You bad!!!!! :laughing::laughing:
I wondered why you didn't have him listed in the rescue forum. This explains it!!! :highfive: to you Frenchy!! And I am sure Jack loves knowing he has a forever home with you and the gang!!! :cloud9::cloud9:

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
:laughing::laughing: Are you serious???

I want to see a pic of Nelly beside Jack :laughing:

I love foster failures :cloud9: :lovestruck: and Jack was so lucky to get such a great mom!

TwinTails
September 23rd, 2009, 05:48 PM
How wonderful! See, I told you he'd have no trouble finding a good home ;) Congrats :grouphug:

mafiaprincess
September 23rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
That wouldn't be a mini.. It would simply be a Pomeranian..

The breed standard is 3-7 lb.. breeders aim for 4-5 lb in dogs they want to show.

LavenderRott
September 23rd, 2009, 06:50 PM

The breed standard is 3-7 lb.. breeders aim for 4-5 lb in dogs they want to show.

If you are showing, you have a much better chance of putting up a 2 or 3 pound dog. A 5 pound dog has next to no chance of placing in the ring unless he/she is absolutely outstanding in all other aspects. (And yes, this is from several years of experience showing poms.)

Frenchy - it isn't the size that's killin' ya. It the coat!!! That poor pup has NO coat at all!

Macomom
September 23rd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Well folks- it looks pretty darn mini to me.
I have not ever had a dog under 75lbs :D

the gang
September 23rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
just way to cute, great news for all of you, best of luck brenda and the pins.:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
September 23rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
:laughing: I think you need an intervention almost as much as hazel does! :p

Congratulations all around, Frenchy! :highfive: He's a doll! :flirt: And a lucky boy, to boot!

Frenchy
September 23rd, 2009, 09:06 PM
You bad!!!!! :laughing::laughing:
I wondered why you didn't have him listed in the rescue forum. This explains it!!!

no no it wasn't premeditated , really !!

oh ***** , does this mean I can't breed him ? :sad:

:laughing:

Frenchy - it isn't the size that's killin' ya. It the coat!!! That poor pup has NO coat at all!

he got shaved before getting into rescue

:laughing: I think you need an intervention almost as much as hazel does! :p

:laughing: :laughing:

Frenchy
September 23rd, 2009, 09:08 PM
:laughing::laughing: Are you serious???

I want to see a pic of Nelly beside Jack :laughing:

here you go :D

hazelrunpack
September 23rd, 2009, 09:19 PM
You needed a small accent piece to break up all the big silhouettes! :laughing:

clm
September 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
OMG, he's adorable. :lovestruck: Let me know when you have to do your first butt bath. :laughing: Welcome to my world. :laughing:

clm

Frenchy
September 23rd, 2009, 09:37 PM
OMG, he's adorable. :lovestruck: Let me know when you have to do your first butt bath. :laughing: Welcome to my world. :laughing:

clm

Too late , been there already :laughing: I bought a box of baby swipes last week :laughing: but I think that now that he's mine ..... I'll trim the butt hair and keep it short :p

Chaser
September 23rd, 2009, 09:58 PM
:laughing: You are on a foster failure roll Frenchy!!!! I love it!

He is just too cute :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
September 24th, 2009, 01:48 AM
:laughing: Didn't I just ask you this the other day :p :laughing:

Congrats Frenchy & King Kong :dog: :highfive:

Love the pics: mini, medium, large & extra large........the only thing missing is a small dog :p

Years ago my uncle had a pom :lovestruck: great dog

ancientgirl
September 24th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Frenchy he's adorable! I love that last photo of him playing with the other dogs. The smile on his face says it all!

How is he getting along with the felines?

BenMax
September 24th, 2009, 08:26 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I am NOT saying one word...not one word!!

Frenchy, travelling with him was wonderful but he missed you so. What can I say - you are the best person for him and besides you are both tiny and blond....almost twins!!:laughing:

Big hugs to you and little Jack :grouphug:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: (Frenchy is a little dog person now...)

Love4himies
September 24th, 2009, 09:27 AM
:laughing: OMG, Nelly is not going to see him when she runs :eek:, maybe you need to attach one of those orange flags on the long stick that people have on their wheel chairs so vehicles can see them.

Dog Dancer
September 24th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Aww, he's so cute!! Congratulations - is it only here that people congratulate you for being a failure?? Ain't it great. They sure do all look happy together.

BenMax
September 24th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Aww, he's so cute!! Congratulations - is it only here that people congratulate you for being a failure?? Ain't it great. They sure do all look happy together.

You know I truly feel that it is little Jack is an adoption failure. Frenchy for sure is a foster failure with a nudge since she knows that due to his little quirk - he would be very tricky in adopting out. Maybe it was his master plan...(the little bugger).

Truthfully though, I do not think that he would be happier anywhere else. He loves Frenchy to bits. (don't tell her, but when I took him he whined for her while I was driving him away). He settled down after a while but he knew where he REALLY wanted to be....back with mommy!!!

onster
September 24th, 2009, 02:39 PM
omg!!! hahaha that was quick :p

I knew you'd succumb to little dogs soon enough.

Congrats!!!!!

How did this cutie end up in rescue anyway??

diandpat
September 24th, 2009, 04:34 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Another lucky pup hits the mother lode :thumbs up

Frenchy, you have a heart of gold...the pics of all them playing together is definitely Heaven on Earth...at least my definition :angel:

Way to go :thumbs up

t.pettet
September 24th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the love of a pom. he's a sweetie.

Frenchy
September 24th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the love of a pom. he's a sweetie.

Please check your e-mails because I sent you a tons of questions :laughing:

luckypenny
September 24th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Great, I always wanted to buy one of these :thumbs up. Which do you prefer Frenchy, the pink or the blue :D.

Congrats to you and Jack :2huggers:.

Frenchy
September 24th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the congrats everybody :)

How is he getting along with the felines?

he's ok with them but sometimes he'll chase them. And you know what they do ? If I stop it , the cats go back to him :laughing: so I just warn him now. Coco is the only one that doesn't like that game though. I'm stil waiting for her to take a stand and b*tch slap him :cat: but I do supervise.

:laughing: OMG, Nelly is not going to see him when she runs :eek:,

omg don't you worry , she can HEAR him , I think the whole Sherrington can hear him :laughing:

is it only here that people congratulate you for being a failure??
Congratulate ? No no , you mean the pressure , then the 'I surrender' , then the adoption and congratulations :laughing:

Frenchy
September 24th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Great, I always wanted to buy one of these :thumbs up. Which do you prefer Frenchy, the pink or the blue :D.

Congrats to you and Jack :2huggers:.

:laughing: both of them are too girlie :cool: I need one with skulls and a big notice : beware of tiny dog :laughing:

The only one I saw at the store yesterday was pink with dots .... I said no thanks :cool:

Frenchy
September 24th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Didn't I just ask you this the other day :p :laughing:

yes you did , the day before ,when I said NO NO NO :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I am NOT saying one word...not one word!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: (Frenchy is a little dog person now...)

you're having just a bit too much fun with this :frustrated:

You know I truly feel that it is little Jack is an adoption failure. Frenchy for sure is a foster failure with a nudge since she knows that due to his little quirk -

we'll be working on that ... and the fact that he thinks he can boss the other dogs around :laughing:
(don't tell her, but when I took him he whined for her while I was driving him away). He settled down after a while but he knew where he REALLY wanted to be....back with mommy!!!

awwww :sad: poor Killer :sad: (yes I call him Killer now because he hunts toads outside in the evenings :p)

Smiley14
September 24th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Oh, Frenchy, what's his neck size? I think I have some collars I can send you if you'd like! I have some puppy stuff that would fit him too, but they're girly, LOL!

I love that you're a foster failure! :cloud9: :laughing:

Frenchy
September 24th, 2009, 09:09 PM
His neck size I don't know yet ... he's sleeping right now , I'll measure it later but I figure it's about the size of someone's wrist :laughing:

I can't believe this is the smallest dog I ever adopted and he's the one that needs the more training because he's a bit :evil: :laughing:

when I first saw him , I thought it was a designer rat with long fur :shrug:

:D

clm
September 24th, 2009, 09:17 PM
He's going to have that sptiz attitude too. :evil: There is no better dog than a spitz breed, I am the most important being in this house and everything is all about me, me, me. :evil::laughing: Oh and don't forget the I'm so cute role they play too, it's the only thing that saves their lives sometimes :laughing:

I found someone on another forum who has a kees and a eurasier. When he found out I had two kees he said I must have done something very bad in a past life. :laughing:

clm

Frenchy
September 24th, 2009, 09:30 PM
He's going to have that sptiz attitude too. :evil:

what ???? Poms are in the sptiz "family" ? ..... I really have to read up about the breed !!!:headslap:

I found someone on another forum who has a kees and a eurasier. When he found out I had two kees he said I must have done something very bad in a past life. :laughing:

clm

I'm trying to deal with him as I would with the ones I'm used to (big dogs) I refuse to hold him in my arms too long , it was never my style anyway , I never did that with my cats. If it has 4 legs , it can walk ;) I don't want to create a monster with him , he's very good with people and dogs but , he will not allow someone to hold him and pass him to someone else. I suspect (and the rescue told me same thing) that he might has been dropped before , that would explain the condition.

he also gets a bit too .... rough with the others :laughing: which is funny but wouldn't be tolerated if he was a bigger dog so , I will not let him get away with those things. :shrug:

Smiley14
September 24th, 2009, 09:49 PM
His neck size I don't know yet ... he's sleeping right now , I'll measure it later but I figure it's about the size of someone's wrist :laughing:

I can't believe this is the smallest dog I ever adopted and he's the one that needs the more training because he's a bit :evil: :laughing:

when I first saw him , I thought it was a designer rat with long fur :shrug:

:D

I don't know why, but I'm laughing at you with a small dog now, LOL! But good for you for not treating him any differently! Too many people forget that they are still dogs with the same training needs.

Well, just let me know on that neck size! At 5-6 pounds, I'm guessing probably around 8-10 inches and if so, I have stuff that would work for you if you want them!

Frenchy
September 24th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I don't know why, but I'm laughing at you with a small dog now, LOL!

Don't worry about it , many people are :laughing:

Tundra_Queen
September 24th, 2009, 11:00 PM
here you go :D

You could saddle up the big dogs and let him ride them! :laughing:He sure is cute.

Debbie

BenMax
September 25th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Frenchy - did I tell you how happy I am? Thank you soooooo much!!!!:)

(really everyone - they look alike)!!!

aslan
September 25th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Frenchy i'm soooo not going to make fun of you for ONCE again hogging all the puppers... ummm could king kongs neck possibly be the same size as a cats.

BenMax
September 25th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Frenchy i'm soooo not going to make fun of you for ONCE again hogging all the puppers... ummm could king kongs neck possibly be the same size as a cats.

I think his neck is smaller than that. He really is so tiny. About the same size as Julia.

(oh you can sooooo make fun of Frenchy - I am having a heck of a time with it!):laughing:

When she was at the garage sale weeks ago - I did tell her that she should keep little Killer. Everytime she walked away, he was crying to be with her. It truly is a perfect match.:D

Chris21711
September 25th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Congrats on adopting "Powder Puff Jack" Frenchy...I love his little face in the last pic you posted, he looks so darn happy :dog:

When she was at the garage sale weeks ago - I did tell her that she should keep little Killer. Everytime she walked away, he was crying to be with her. It truly is a perfect match.:D

:offtopic: I'm still waiting for her pics of the BOOBS she bought at the garage sale :D

I'll look and see if I can find any biker gear that will fit him, a lot of it is black and orange, it will match his fur!

BenMax
September 25th, 2009, 10:16 AM
:sorry:Chris - I think the boobs are currently being worn....so I don't think you will see them until they fall off.

Frenchy is doing some FALSE advertisement. BTW - how did that date go??

Chris21711
September 25th, 2009, 10:27 AM
:sorry:Chris - I think the boobs are currently being worn....so I don't think you will see them until they fall off.

Rats :frustrated: I was so looking forward to it :laughing:

Did she go in the end, what a sneaky pete :cool:

t.pettet
September 25th, 2009, 07:04 PM
If he is reluctant to be transferred from one person holding him to another it is very likely that his ribs have been bruised, 2 of my poms were like that and both had come from homes where the kids carried them around like stuffed toys.

Frenchy
September 25th, 2009, 08:59 PM
(really everyone - they look alike)!!!

:offtopic: I'm still waiting for her pics of the BOOBS she bought at the garage sale :D

I haven't tried them on yet :laughing:

I stopped writing to him , I don't need a penpal :rolleyes: he's a bit too "straight" for me .... I mean on the boring side , you know ?
If he is reluctant to be transferred from one person holding him to another it is very likely that his ribs have been bruised, 2 of my poms were like that and both had come from homes where the kids carried them around like stuffed toys.

I think he was dropped once :sad: someone from the rescue told me the same thing.

Frenchy
September 25th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I'll look and see if I can find any biker gear that will fit him, a lot of it is black and orange, it will match his fur!

omg please don't :laughing:

aslan
September 25th, 2009, 09:24 PM
oh come on, i've seen some really cute harley stuff for little puppers.

Frenchy
September 26th, 2009, 08:54 AM
oh come on, i've seen some really cute harley stuff for little puppers.

no no no , Jack is preppy , not biker :laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 26th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Cardigans, then... :thumbs up :laughing: He'll be cute with the cardigan slung over his back and the sleeves tied in front of his chest! :flirt:

ancientgirl
September 26th, 2009, 09:57 AM

I'm guessing we'll be seeing cute little polo shirts on him.:D

Winston
September 27th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I need one with skulls and a big notice : beware of tiny dog

heres one i found! perfect!

Frenchy
September 27th, 2009, 06:10 PM
heres one i found! perfect!

:laughing: omg I love it :laughing:

is it a real dog carrier bag ? If so , where did you found it ?

rainbow
September 27th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Congratulations Frenchy .....Jack is totally adorable :cloud9: but it's still so hard to imagine you with a little dog. :D

:laughing: omg I love it :laughing:

is it a real dog carrier bag ? If so , where did you found it ?

Here you go ....

http://www.thepunkypup.com/item_131/Skull-Crossbone-Dog-Carrier.htm

It's $160 :eek: AND it's sold out. :eek:

Frenchy
September 27th, 2009, 06:38 PM
but it's still so hard to imagine you with a little dog. :D

I know :laughing:

It's $160 :eek: AND it's sold out. :eek:

too bad it's sold out , the check was almost in the mail :rolleyes:

holy crap who the heck would pay $160 for a freaking bag ??? :eek:

rainbow
September 27th, 2009, 06:42 PM
too bad it's sold out , the check was almost in the mail :rolleyes:

holy crap who the heck would pay $160 for a freaking bag ??? :eek:

You could buy some skull & crossbone material and glue it to an old purse. :laughing:

Frenchy
September 27th, 2009, 06:45 PM
You could buy some skull & crossbone material and glue it to an old purse. :laughing:

Frenchy
September 27th, 2009, 06:53 PM
This is more like it ! People won't notice .... camouflage :laughing:

http://www.doggiecarriers.com/popup_add_image.php?pID=173

rainbow
September 27th, 2009, 06:58 PM
This is more like it ! People won't notice .... camouflage :laughing:

http://www.doggiecarriers.com/popup_add_image.php?pID=173

LOL but there's no price ....it could be just as bad. :D

Go to an army surplus store and they probably have something there you can use. :laughing:

Frenchy
September 27th, 2009, 07:04 PM
LOL but there's no price ....it could be just as bad. :D

Oh yes , it was $20 something .... I don't know how much they charge for shipping etc ....

I still have one store to go to here , if they have none , I'll order one online.

rainbow
September 27th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Oh yes , it was $20 something .... I don't know how much they charge for shipping etc ....

I still have one store to go to here , if they have none , I'll order one online.

Have you tried Ebay?

Frenchy
September 27th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Have you tried Ebay?

nope , never did , never will ... I don't like nor , understand the concept :o

TwinTails
September 27th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Or Etsy! They have loads of lovely handmade things :D Also, there are a lot of designers who will take special orders (e.g. skull and cross bone material, etc). You could probably find something unique, made with love and adorable in the price range you want :)

Frenchy
September 27th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Or Etsy!

they seem to have a lot ... but you will never caught me with one of those :laughing:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28044580&ref=sr_gallery_5&&ga_search_query=pet+bag+carrier&ga_search_type=category&category=pets&ga_page=5&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

TwinTails
September 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Yes that is one I would never use. Talk about humanizing a dog, lol!

BenMax
September 28th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Frenchy - we are having another garage sale this weekend and I know we have some. I will pick it up if it's still there.

Chris21711
September 28th, 2009, 10:10 AM

Well if Jack is a preppy, then instead of "killer" maybe you should call him "Kenneth" :rolleyes:

Frenchy - we are having another garage sale this weekend and I know we have some. I will pick it up if it's still there.

Pick her up an extra pair of BOOBS Benmax, in case the other pair deflate :laughing:

BenMax
September 28th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Well if Jack is a preppy, then instead of "killer" maybe you should call him "Kenneth" :rolleyes:

Pick her up an extra pair of BOOBS Benmax, in case the other pair deflate :laughing:

Don't know if there are more boobs to be bought! This was a one time thing I think. I am more likely to see a kitchen sink than I will a pair of those...:laughing::laughing::laughing:. Hmmm - what else could she use?

BusterBoo
September 28th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Hey Frenchy! Sorry I haven't been on much but congrats on your Failure! What a wonderful way to fail.......and I am soooo happy you have moved to the "other side".... you will now understand the love for a little critter!

Can't wait to see/hear more! :goodvibes:

Frenchy
September 28th, 2009, 08:41 PM

Is it all week end or just Saturday ? St-Lazare is so far :cry: I have a vet appointement in Mercier for Bailey Saturday morning ..... I may visit you on friday night to give you some stuff for the sale.

I am soooo happy you have moved to the "other side"....

:laughing: the "other" side :laughing:

Chris21711
October 1st, 2009, 05:04 PM
Do you think that one of these coats will fit "Kenneth" for Xmas :D

BTW - I read you comment in the tjt....I'll knit you a pair of woolie undies....which colour do you want :evil:

babymomma
October 1st, 2009, 05:13 PM
Congrats frenchy! I have a plain black carrying bag that is PERFECT. It was 8 dollars at buck or two.

Winston
October 1st, 2009, 05:45 PM
Chris who is Kenneth? OMG I would so love to know how to make those!

Frenchy
October 1st, 2009, 05:59 PM

:laughing: Winston , Chris likes to call Jack , Kenneth :p at this rate guys , he would have too many , I bought him one and Winston sent me 2 others :crazy:

Chris , you might want to donate yours to a rescue ? They are mighty cute !

Winston
October 1st, 2009, 06:56 PM
Frenchy do they fit? they were sooo tiny! :thumbs up

Frenchy
October 1st, 2009, 08:23 PM
Frenchy do they fit? they were sooo tiny! :thumbs up

yes , and I put some pics up :thumbs up

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=65947

Winston
October 1st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Oooh I like the one Cris posted! of Kenneth! that would ne nice and warm for Lil Jack! and the color os awesome!

OMG I sooooo cant have a little dog! There are sooo many cute things out there!!

Frenchy
October 1st, 2009, 08:49 PM
OMG I sooooo cant have a little dog! There are sooo many cute things out there!!

I know ! :crazy: I never thought I would be adopting one , and dressing him :laughing:

Chris21711
October 2nd, 2009, 09:18 AM
BTW - I read you comment in the tjt....I'll knit you a pair of woolie undies....which colour do you want :evil:

OK, so what about the woolie undies :confused:

Send me your addy Winston, I'll send it to you and you can use it as a pattern :lightbulb:......second thoughts I think I have your addy.

bj601
November 8th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I haven't been on here in over a year. Not since shortly after we lost our great dane to cancer. Frenchy, I can't believe you caved to the mini side! LMAO! Jack is absolutely adorable.

Winston, I have a whole cupboard full of "too cute" things lol. Our schnauzer/terrier mix is almost 14 and is always cold. He will actually come to you to get a sweatshirt put on. My freakishly large shih tzu (she is almost 19 pounds :eek:) pouts if you try and put anything on her. If Jack was a female and Frenchy was closer to Ottawa......let's just say i have a surplus of pink lol.

My favorite though is her hoodie that says SECURITY across it. She used to wear that to the group home I worked at when we went to work (she came to work with me lol) along with her bad to the bone leash. There's nothing girlie about her.

Brenda

Frenchy
November 8th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Brenda , I'm sorry about the loss of your dane :sad: :candle:

and yes , I got suckered in by mini Jack :p I don't know what it is with us , going nuts with doggy clothes when you own a small dog :p but the outfits are so darn cute :lovestruck:

Chris21711
November 8th, 2009, 05:32 PM
and yes , I got suckered in by mini Jack :p I don't know what it is with us , going nuts with doggy clothes when you own a small dog :p but the outfits are so darn cute :lovestruck:

I bought Jack a faux sheepskin winter jacket on the weekend :o

onster
November 8th, 2009, 06:24 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOH

cant wait to see Jack model it chris!!! :D

Luvmypitgirls
November 8th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Well folks- it looks pretty darn mini to me.
I have not ever had a dog under 75lbs :D

:laughing:...looks pretty mini to me too!

Congrats Frenchy, how awesome...:D

Btw, your new addition is absolutely adorable! :lovestruck::cloud9:

Frenchy
November 9th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I bought Jack a faux sheepskin winter jacket on the weekend :o
:laughing: :lovestruck:
OOOOOOOOOOOH

cant wait to see Jack model it chris!!! :D
onster , you'll have to help me put pressure on Chris for pics :thumbs up
:laughing:...looks pretty mini to me too!

Congrats Frenchy, how awesome...:D

Btw, your new addition is absolutely adorable! :lovestruck::cloud9:

thanks LMP , it's a first for me , he's freaking small :laughing: but he's strong and not a cry baby , you should see him play with Nelly and Sienna :eek:

rainbow
November 10th, 2009, 12:51 AM
onster , you'll have to help me put pressure on Chris for pics :thumbs up

And, we're still waiting for the ones you promised in your other thread, Frenchy. :yell:

Chris21711
November 10th, 2009, 10:54 AM
And, we're still waiting for the ones you promised in your other thread, Frenchy. :yell:

YEAH, WHERE ARE THEY FRENCHY :frustrated: