Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

~Mika~ Belgian Groenendael, Mtl., Qc.

luckypenny
September 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
Or maybe Collie/Husky X :D. Approximately 3 1/2 months old, soon to be spayed and utd on vaccines.

Can you spell E-N-E-R-G-Y? Mika is full of it! A very confident, alert, and highly intelligent girl who is always on the go. She is respectful of her foster siblings and plays nicely with them. Her endless wagging rear end shows how much she adores humans. She also loves to be cuddled and brushed.

She was given up at the pound, most likely by someone who wasn't able to keep up with her. This is why it's imperative people research breed(s) before deciding to bring home a puppy. This beautiful girl could have paid with her life for something so preventable.

Mika needs an active family who will include her in daily activities.

www.rosieanimaladoption.org for more info or to fill out an adoption application.

chico2
September 23rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
L-P.Mika is just beautiful,in the first pic,I thought she had a square blue tongue:laughing:
Love her big ears and very fluffy fur:lovestruck:

luckypenny
September 23rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
...in the first pic,I thought she had a square blue tongue:laughing:

I just noticed that :laughing:.

chico2
September 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
So,I was going to say,ChowX for sure:laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 23rd, 2009, 05:27 PM
She's awfully cute! :flirt: I hope a high-energy family comes along for her soon. :goodvibes:

coppperbelle
September 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
She is very pretty and almost looks like a mini wolf.

clm
September 23rd, 2009, 11:15 PM
She's adorable. If only more people could realize how much work and how much energy a pup has before they get one. Thank goodness she's safe now and hopefully she'll get a wonderful home soon.

clm

rainbow
September 27th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I love the second pic .....what a cutie. :lovestruck:

Hope she finds her forever home soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Frenchy
September 27th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Hope she finds her forever home soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

smells a bit like this could be a foster failure ......

:whistle:

luckypenny
September 27th, 2009, 09:03 PM
If I had a million dollars and a million acres, they'd all be foster failures :laughing:.

hazelrunpack
September 27th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Lessee...hazel has an acre and a third...and 8 dogs...

How much land do you have? Hmmmm..... :p

luckypenny
October 5th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Lessee...hazel has an acre and a third...and 8 dogs...

How much land do you have? Hmmmm..... :p

Not enough :D.

Ok, more pics of Mika the wonder pup that were taken yesterday at a fundraising/awareness/adoption event. Did I mention how smart she was?? Omd, she's such a smart puppy :goodvibes:. Here she is posing :lovestruck:.

luckypenny
October 5th, 2009, 08:22 PM
And here she is showing off her sits and stays :angel:. Gotta love the last pic, she voluntarily put her head there :laughing:.

hazelrunpack
October 5th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Dang, LP! She's so cute!!!! :flirt: Did anyone fill out an app for her? :goodvibes:

Love the ears in the first 'posing' shot--and if her bandana were on so that the wide part was over her back pointing at her tail, she'd look like SuperDog! Complete with cape! :laughing:

luckypenny
October 5th, 2009, 08:40 PM
A few online applicants but, after speaking with them, not the right matches. Every one loved her yesterday ("omg, look at how calm she is for a puppy!!!" :laughing:) but no one really looking to adopt a pup.

Hazel, a Superdog she could be! She learns so very fast and is sooooo focused. I'd love to meet a family who wants to have fun fun fun with their pup apply for Mika :goodvibes:.

hazelrunpack
October 5th, 2009, 08:42 PM
We could use a black dog around here. I'm pretty sure madame hazel and hubby will say no, though. :frustrated:

She is just such a doll!!! Whatever possessed her to put her head through the cutout? :laughing:

luckypenny
October 5th, 2009, 08:46 PM
She's a curious puppy :D.

She kept popping her head in and out of it...and stayed when told to stay :D.

hazelrunpack
October 5th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Beauty and brains! :lovestruck: Hmmmm...a dangerous combination! :laughing:

Bailey_
October 5th, 2009, 11:16 PM
:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

SHE IS ADORABLE!! Was there any interest her at the fundraiser?? :cloud9:

clm
October 6th, 2009, 12:28 AM
She really is adorable. I just love those huge ears. She looks smart and that second pic with the wild eyes is just beautiful. I really hope she finds the perfect home.

clm

growler~GateKeeper
October 6th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Too cute!! :lovestruck: :goodvibes: for the purrfect family for her soon

growler~GateKeeper
October 6th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Now I've got where that face comes from :2cents: I think she's part Belgian Shepherd Groenendael (http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/belgiangroenendael.htm) :lovestruck:

clm
October 6th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Now I've got where that face comes from :2cents: I think she's part Belgian Shepherd Groenendael (http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/belgiangroenendael.htm) :lovestruck:

I think you're right. The face and those huge ears. That would account for her intelligence and activity level too. She really is beautiful. She's going to be a beautiful adult too. :lovestruck:

clm

BenMax
October 6th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I think you're right. The face and those huge ears. That would account for her intelligence and activity level too. She really is beautiful. She's going to be a beautiful adult too. :lovestruck:

clm

I have to agree. What a gorgeous girl LP.:lovestruck:. Seriously, she looks like a mini Maddox!

ILoveMyBerner
November 24th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I see this post was from a bit ago, but was wondering if she had been adopted??

rainbow
November 24th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Yes, she has. :)

luckypenny
November 24th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Mika will be spending the upcoming weekend with her new family. She comes back here on Sunday to return one final time to her forever home the following week :goodvibes:.

Having such a wonderful puppy in our home has been one of our most pleasurable foster experiences ever :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack
November 24th, 2009, 09:40 PM
omd, that duck is bigger than she is :cloud9: :laughing:

I love her cute little white toes.... :lovestruck:

luckypenny
November 24th, 2009, 09:47 PM
It's a big duck :D.

I get these large stuffies to put in puppies' crates when they get here...for comfort ya know :o.

And for insurance as they tear around the house beating them up when the adult dogs have had enough torment :laughing:.

Frenchy
November 24th, 2009, 09:56 PM
awwwww she's so cute with that duck !!! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
November 24th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Oh, she would never be so mean as to beat up on her duck buddy, would she? :o She's too much of an :angel: for that! :D

rainbow
November 24th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Yep, Mika was definitely an angel. :angel:

Btw, is her new mom hopefully going to join us here .....or at least update you with lots of pics of Mika growing up? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

luckypenny
November 24th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Oh, she would never be so mean as to beat up on her duck buddy, would she? :o She's too much of an :angel: for that! :D

Well, she never gutted it and no bite marks that I can tell, but they did have some of the best wrestling matches :D.

She prefers to kill socks, hats, and evil leather gloves :evil:.

Yep, Mika was definitely an angel. :angel:

Btw, is her new mom hopefully going to join us here .....or at least update you with lots of pics of Mika growing up? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

I'll certainly be kept updated, I tell all adopters it's a legal verbal agreement :D.

chico2
November 25th, 2009, 08:06 AM
LP,Mika is adorable,she will grow up to be a beautiful girl:lovestruck:you can already see,she will be a very shiny black grown-up pup.
That is of course,because she's been well taken care of,by a loving fostermom:thumbs up

Love4himies
November 25th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Awww, what a sweetie. I love the pic of her and her duck :cloud9:.

Chico, you are right about the fostermom :thumbs up, makes a huge difference in the personality of the dog and LP is a great fostermom :lovestruck:

luckypenny
December 12th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Mika's new parents came to finally bring her home this afternoon.

Wishing you the happiest journey Mika, filled with love, and safe, exciting new adventures. We enjoyed every single moment and were honored to have the bestest puppy in the world share our home. Bless you and your new family sweetheart.

Chris21711
December 12th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I know you truly got attached to Mika LP and that it is hard for you to let this little girl go......Big hugs to you for doing such a marvellous job with Mika and preparing her for her new home....Any person that adopts one of your fosters is getting a well rounded pet, they should consider themselves fortunate.

I wish Mika all the happiness in the world with her new family.

:grouphug: to you LP :)

Frenchy
December 12th, 2009, 09:25 PM
omg that poor doggie , had to use the coffee table as a doggie bed :sad:

:laughing:

good luck in your forever home Mika , I know you'll do well because your foster mom kept saying how perfect pup you were :cloud9:

good job LP :highfive:

hazelrunpack
December 12th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Such a gorgeous portrait of Mika, LP! :flirt:

You did such a good job with her. It's hard to let them go...I don't know how you find the strength...but you've given her such a good start in her new home! :grouphug: Another excellent job, mf! :2huggers:

the gang
December 12th, 2009, 09:32 PM
you truley are a :angel2: , all the best mika, brenda and the pins

luckypenny
December 12th, 2009, 09:49 PM
omg that poor doggie , had to use the coffee table as a doggie bed :sad:

:D

She always liked to lay there when the sun came up in the mornings :o. Not my fault, Penny taught her 'furniture surfing' :rolleyes: :D. But I taught her "off" :angel: Lol.

I know you truly got attached to Mika LP and that it is hard for you to let this little girl go......

...I don't know how you find the strength...

Don't know how I managed to let her go either. She's gonna be just fine though, and in time, I will be too :o.

hazelrunpack
December 12th, 2009, 09:53 PM
:grouphug:

chico2
December 13th, 2009, 08:44 AM
LP,what a beautiful pic of Mika:cloud9:
I hope the new parents will keep you updated on how she's doing and maybe even a pic or two.
Did I say how wonderful you are for fostering?:grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
December 13th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Gorgeous last pic of Mika :lovestruck:

:goodvibes: For many happy adventures :goodvibes:

14+kitties
December 13th, 2009, 10:46 PM
:grouphug::cry: Mika is a lucky girl to have had you to help her along her path. I am sure her new family will appreciate everything you have done for her. I know it's tough to let them go. I don't know how you do it. :angel::grouphug:

rainbow
December 14th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Yet another lucky family to adopt one of your fosters. :thumbs up

I know how special Mika was to you and I hope you get regular updates from her new family :fingerscr :goodvibes: ....that you better share with us too. :D

Big hugs to you, LP. :grouphug: