Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bad Things Come in Threes

EndOfFashion
September 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
So my boss, Jane, always says that she believes bad things come in threes. Some of you know that we lost our kitty Charlie to cancer earlier this month. We came home from my birthday party to find that he was looking very sick and had to take him to the emergency vet. Four days later we had to put him to sleep. :cry:

The following week, one of my best friends celebrated her birthday. A few days later, she had to put down her 5 year old dog because of a clotting disorder which caused a hemorrhage in her brain. :sad:

Our other best friend celebrates her birthday next week. She has two cats, and after my friend had to put her dog down I couldn't help but think (morbidly), what if something were to happen to my other friend's cat after her birthday? It would be too eerie.

Well I was wrong. My grandfather finally succumbed to pancreatic cancer yesterday. His battle started 5 years ago and while he fought bravely through most of it, he'd been getting quite a lot sicker lately.

I'm heartbroken again. I can't believe I've lost two members of my family over the course of a few weeks. My grandfather helped raise me...he moved in with my mom and brother and me after my parents divorced when I was three. He was more like my dad than my grandfather.

RIP Dziadek...kocham cie. :cry::cry::cry:

Macomom
September 23rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
My condolences EOF on your immense loss. I feel great empathy for your series of events- I had a bad period last year, where my world collapsed in a period of 2 weeks. I promise, good things will begin to grow in the grist of this pain though. I will think of you and send you good energy and prayer.
Joanne

SIL
September 23rd, 2009, 09:26 AM
My condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:rip: :candle:

pbpatti
September 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
EOF, so sorry for the loss of your beloved Grandfather. I am sending healing thoughts to you and your family. pbp

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2009, 11:22 AM
I am so sorry, EoF :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
September 23rd, 2009, 12:57 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, EoF :2huggers: You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

:candle:

Melinda
September 23rd, 2009, 03:43 PM
our thoughts and prayers are with you, so sorry for your loss

chico2
September 23rd, 2009, 03:56 PM
EOF,I am so sorry,your grand-father must have been a wonderful man,he must have fought hard against this terrible disease to live with it for 5 years.
So very sorry for your loss:grouphug:

BenMax
September 23rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
EOF - I am so sorry for the loss of your grandfather. I wish I had the right words to say.

My sincere condolences.:grouphug: