Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I Found My Wedding Dress Today!!!!!

Chaser
September 22nd, 2009, 08:42 PM
I'm just so excited I need to tell people about it! But I can't show too many people or it won't be a surprise at the wedding. So I thought here was a good place to share :D

Wedding is next September.....I am extremely far ahead in planning, but that will reduce stress later!

Opinions?

(It looks a little weird on the model....the drop waist doesn't really work on her, but it does wonders for me! :thumbs up)

JennieV
September 22nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
It is STUNNING!!!! really! what a gorgeous dress!!! you are gonna look smashing!!

Have you thought about hair yet? any ideas??

hazelrunpack
September 22nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
It's a gorgeous dress, Chaser! I love the lacing on the back! And the tucks in the train--I've never seen that before, but I love the look of it! So did you order it already? :D

Frenchy
September 22nd, 2009, 09:37 PM
Wedding is next September.....I am extremely far ahead in planning,

you think ? :cool:

:laughing:

gorgeous dress ! :thumbs up

lUvMyLaB<3
September 22nd, 2009, 09:43 PM
Stunning! Absolutely a beautiful dress! Congrats!

luckypenny
September 22nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
Oolala, beautiful dress :thumbs up.

14+kitties
September 22nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
Gorgeous! You will look amazing!!! :thumbs up

onster
September 22nd, 2009, 10:39 PM
Very very gorgeous. My friend got married a year ago and she had a very similar style dres..well not the lace but the gathering of the material..lemme say it was stunning!

EndOfFashion
September 22nd, 2009, 10:50 PM
WOW what a train! Lovely.

I wouldn't say you're planning too far in advance at all! One year in advance is pretty standard, actually. We just met a couple who is getting married on January 8th and has nothing planned :eek: LOL are they ever lucky they met us...that is exactly the kind of situation you don't want to be in!

Chaser
September 22nd, 2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks All :D

I'm going to order it the first week of February, as the saleslady let me know that is their anniversary sale so I won't have to pay any taxes. :thumbs up

I am SUPER far ahead in planning! We've booked the ceremony, the officiant, the reception hall and catering (menu is finalized), photographer and done our registry. Haven't technically booked a florist but have photos of EXACTLY what I want. Chose rings today but haven't ordered them yet. Guest list is complete at 106. My MOH is making cupcakes as well as my jewellery (already started!). And we're going to pick the girls' dresses Oct. 24th. I've even planned the ceremony music, the readings, and have a tentative schedule typed up for the day.

I'm beyond organized.....I'm completely insane!!!

But I want this to be fun for everyone, including me. Doing all this now is FUN. Doing it later would be stressful and I don't want to be bitchy with anyone.

Chaser
September 22nd, 2009, 11:18 PM
Have you thought about hair yet? any ideas??

Yep! (see below) And lucky me - the Best Man just finished his Masters in Hairstyling at the Aveda Institute in Toronto.

My hair is almost long enough for this....so just trims for the next year and I'll be good! I have natural waves that are very similar to the style as well, so it will suit me. Not wearing a veil - just ordered this flower hair pin off Etsy.com

Our colours are Black & White, with hits of deep red and a bit of silver. Going for a very classic look.

TwinTails
September 22nd, 2009, 11:31 PM
Everything is gorgeous :D As for planning in advance, thats a great idea! When hubby and I got married, we had 1 week to plan :crazy:

Chaser
September 22nd, 2009, 11:34 PM
Everything is gorgeous :D As for planning in advance, thats a great idea! When hubby and I got married, we had 1 week to plan :crazy:

Holy crap! I would have a meltdown....

TwinTails
September 22nd, 2009, 11:35 PM
It was interesting :P We even had one of my bridesmaids and Gary's best man back out an hour before the wedding :wall:

Chaser
September 22nd, 2009, 11:37 PM
This is the bouquet I want :D And the guestbook and ring pillow (with matching basket!) I ordered on Etsy (that site is ADDICTIVE - damn Smiley14 for introducing me to it ;))

I'll stop blabbering about wedding stuff now, promise! :o

TwinTails
September 22nd, 2009, 11:38 PM
Gorgeous! :lovestruck:

Chaser
September 22nd, 2009, 11:38 PM
It was interesting :P We even had one of my bridesmaids and Gary's best man back out an hour before the wedding :wall:

WHAT? That's complete insanity! But the main thing is you got married - I'm trying to focus on that important fact as well. Sounds like you're pretty easygoing to have gotten through it!

TwinTails
September 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
Yeah I nearly had a meltdown because my Mom wouldn't say what was wrong (when Gary called to tell her what was going on). Then I was fine until I saw my best friend, then I bawled! But it was lovely and special to us :D Everything came together nicely, we had fun, and it was over so very quickly. Seriously, 30 mins and the ceremony was done :rolleyes: But it was wonderful, thats the part to remember and focus on ;)

Chaser
September 22nd, 2009, 11:44 PM
But it was wonderful, thats the part to remember and focus on ;)

Exactly!

My coworker just got married and said that it was a complete blur though, so I'm going to have future FIL videotape the ceremony. I refuse to pay a videographer, but know I'll want to see it later. I'll be so nervous standing up in front of 100 people I won't remember a thing!

TwinTails
September 22nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
It's funny, when you are up there, you only really see your spouse :) Nothing else matters. Did you ever see the movie Force of Nature? At the end, Ben Affleck is talking to his bride and there is a hurricane around them, but nothing penetrates their bubble of consiousness :D Thats exactly how it is :)

Chaser
September 23rd, 2009, 12:01 AM
It's funny, when you are up there, you only really see your spouse :) Nothing else matters. Did you ever see the movie Force of Nature? At the end, Ben Affleck is talking to his bride and there is a hurricane around them, but nothing penetrates their bubble of consiousness :D Thats exactly how it is :)

Good to know....I'd rather be focused on him then having a panic attack thinking about how many people are looking at me!

growler~GateKeeper
September 23rd, 2009, 02:21 AM
Everything looks beautiful :cloud9: especially love the lace-up back :thumbs up

pbpatti
September 23rd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Beautiful, you will make a most loveliest Bride in that Gown. I love your bouquet also. Congratulations on your nuptials.

Dog Dancer
September 23rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Beautiful dress and accessories. I don't think you're out of whack planning it now. You are so right about it being fun now and just stress later. You go girl!:thumbs up Everything looks lovely. The only down side is now we all have to wait a year for pics....

ownedbycats
September 23rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Your dress, and the hair style you want are both gorgeous. And you're allowed to go on and on about wedding details! You're getting married and it's a very special time for you. And no one here minds looking at pictures and reading your posts ( and if they do, they don't have to open the thread :D)

Masha
September 23rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
I love both the dress and the hair, you've got a great taste!! oh i love the bouqet and invitations you put photos of, very stylish and sophisticated :)

are you going with a veil?

Chaser
September 23rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
are you going with a veil?

Nope....DH-to-be thinks they're creepy (:shrug: lol) and I just don't feel attached to the idea, so I'm skipping it!

LadyLike
October 4th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Beautiful!

chico2
October 4th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Wow,beautiful dress I am sure you'll look gorgeous in it.
Hubby proposed to me on a Monday,we got married on the Saturday,however it was only with two friends and us.....44+ yrs ago:laughing:

dollface
October 6th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Congrats!! :goodvibes: The dress is gorgeous! Love the hair, bouquet and accessories!! :D What will your Bombonieres be?

Smiley14
October 6th, 2009, 03:35 AM
This is the bouquet I want :D And the guestbook and ring pillow (with matching basket!) I ordered on Etsy (that site is ADDICTIVE - damn Smiley14 for introducing me to it ;))

I'll stop blabbering about wedding stuff now, promise! :o

LOL, that made me laugh! You're right though, it really is addicting! :laughing: Everything is just breathtaking. WOW. I love, love, love your colors! So elegant and classy. If I ever get married, you're planning my wedding! :lightbulb: :laughing: :thumbs up

Chaser
October 6th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Congrats!! :goodvibes: The dress is gorgeous! Love the hair, bouquet and accessories!! :D What will your Bombonieres be?

Thank you!

We're not doing favours, but instead will be making a donation to German Shepherd Rescue Toronto, where we adopted Kailey from :)

Chaser
October 6th, 2009, 08:47 AM
LOL, that made me laugh! You're right though, it really is addicting! :laughing: Everything is just breathtaking. WOW. I love, love, love your colors! So elegant and classy. If I ever get married, you're planning my wedding! :lightbulb: :laughing: :thumbs up

LOL.....deal!

Sylvie
October 6th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Love everything Chaser. :thumbs up

Takes me back 43 years ago. When I got to the alter and DH said Hi Beautiful, nothing else mattered. :cry: Didn't even see the people in the church. :laughing:

Wow, weddings are so beautiful and something to remember.

dollface
October 6th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Thank you!

We're not doing favours, but instead will be making a donation to German Shepherd Rescue Toronto, where we adopted Kailey from :)

Awww that is soo nice and different!!! :lovestruck::D I'm soo happy for you!! Can you plan my wedding too (whenever that happens) :laughing: