Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tree Sap

bbmyster
August 19th, 2004, 10:55 PM
My 7 Week Old Puppy Max got into some Tree Sap , and was wondering if anyone knew a safe an easy way of getting it out of his little fur ? . i am not sure whether or not he is ready for a doggy bath, and controlling him while doing so would be a chore in itself, but won't mind if it's ok, and if i can rid him of the sap . Hope you can help & thank's !! . :)

Cactus Flower
August 19th, 2004, 11:56 PM
You could try nail polish remover BUT please have a fan on and directly blowing on your pup so the fumes don't get in his face, and you will still have to bathe him well afterwards to remove the nail polish remover's residue.

Curious- what kind of pup?

glasslass
August 20th, 2004, 11:55 AM
No! Peanut butter! Rub peanut butter into the tree sap and it will come out without harming him. Also works on other sticky residues. He might ask you for some jelly! :D

Luba
August 20th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Yes Peanut butter will work or butter and salt!! Works like a charm :D

coonlover
August 20th, 2004, 12:26 PM
This happened to my husky once, and baby oil worked very well, and he smelled pretty too. :D

Cactus Flower
August 20th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Well! Learn something new every day! Very interesting!

I wish now that I could go back and apologize to a certain doggie who would have much preferred something from the refrigerator.....

bbmyster
August 20th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Thank You All for the tips !!...can't believe Peanut Butter of all things but hey !, if it works so be it ! :) , as long as he doesn't aquire a taste for it :p .....i love my peanut butter too !!! :cool: ....lol...smoothy though , no crunchy stufff...lol ....and he is a Husky / Sheppard Mix , his pic is in the doggy profiles under " Max " , he is the cutest thing ...now if i can keep him away from the sap...and the peanut butter jar....lol :p undefined

Writing4Fun
August 20th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Ahhhh - but a frozen peanut butter Kong can be a dog's (and his owner's) best friend!! :D

Writing4Fun
August 20th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Just checked out his pic - OMG he's adorable!!! :D

pattycakes
August 20th, 2004, 02:27 PM
A frozen peanut butter KONG - what an idea!
I never thought to freeze it to make it last longer - Vicky you are a genius.
Thanks

Spoiled
August 20th, 2004, 02:29 PM
If you can't get it out with all the above mentioned, you can always cut it out.

bbmyster
August 20th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Kong huh ???...well that's fine but how am i sposed' to get my tongue in there to get that Yummy peanut butter out !!!....lmao :p ....ok ok ok , i know...it's for the dog !!!....lol :D

Writing4Fun
August 20th, 2004, 04:00 PM
A frozen peanut butter KONG - what an idea!
I never thought to freeze it to make it last longer - Vicky you are a genius.
Thanks

Genius? No. Desperate, maybe - and taking A LOT of advice from people on and off this forum!! ;)

LOL bbmyster! Just had a vision of you and your pup on the doggie bed licking opposite ends of a Kong!! :D

bbmyster
August 20th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Quote : LOL bbmyster! Just had a vision of you and your pup on the doggie bed licking opposite ends of a Kong!!

Ok.... that just didn't sound good at all !!!...lmao !!... Um... Maaaax....come get your Kong !!!...i'll make my own sandwich !!!...lmsao :D

Luba
August 20th, 2004, 04:53 PM
uhm that didn't come out right LMFHO

Writing4Fun
August 20th, 2004, 08:41 PM
:D Ok, Ok - so that sounded a little ... um ... suggestive. :eek: NOT what I meant, and you all know it!! :o Can we get back to the tree sap now?