Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

4 hrs and going

Jim Hall
September 18th, 2009, 08:00 PM
ok so brenda my strsy from out side got spayed today she has been home for 4 hrs and all she wants is out as in out of the house i have her in a large condo lots of room what now do i get one of the horad to come in a be with her? do i put her in the carrier? do i ignore her? concerned cause she wont even eat just miaws

Love4himies
September 18th, 2009, 08:13 PM
No don't let her outside, she is just scared and wants to be where she feels comfortable, but that is not what is best for her.

Love4himies
September 18th, 2009, 08:14 PM
So I guess what I am saying is just ignore her. Will she eat some raw meat?

Winston
September 18th, 2009, 08:44 PM
No Jim dont let her out! I wouldnt bring any company in either! she will be just fine...hopefully she tires out soon and takes a well deserved nap! poor kitty! maybe she misses her friend you had with her? but she really needs to heal up for a little while. Can you play some soft music in the room where the condo is and maybe shut the door maybe she will feel more relaxed.

Good job! its tough love mf! :thumbs up

aslan
September 18th, 2009, 08:48 PM
jim is the condo big enough to put the carrier in with extra room, she may crawl into the carrier just to be in a more safe confined space or can you cover the condo with a blanket to make it more cave like.

Winston
September 18th, 2009, 09:01 PM
awesome idea Aslan! make her feel more safe and secure! :thumbs up

aslan
September 18th, 2009, 09:05 PM
thanks Winston, i just remembered Lp doing it with Fanny while i was there. Works with puppers so i thought it might work with kitties, been along time since i had a cat.:sad:

14+kitties
September 18th, 2009, 09:09 PM
It is completely normal for her not to want to eat. Once the meds wear off she will be hungry again and will eat. I have not had too many of mine come home and dive into food right away. I have had some who don't want to settle and cry for some time. Eventually they give up and go to sleep.
aslan's idea of the carrier in with her is a good idea if you have the room or covering the condo is excellent. If she didn't like the carrier a blanket covering the whole condo will do the trick. She will soon settle.
Just please don't let her out. If she gets in to a fight or something she has absolutely no defense and may have her stitches ripped out.

Jim Hall
September 18th, 2009, 10:12 PM
nono no i wont let her outside sorry if i mis-stated i mean out in the apt i let her out and been petting and letting her by the window hoping she will get hungry enough to bribe into the condo if not i will make sure all the windows are selaled up before bed

Jim Hall
September 19th, 2009, 07:51 AM
she still hasnt slept im gonna put her in the carrier and let t take her to her house maybe she will seelte down or forget about o side in a strange place

Jim Hall
September 20th, 2009, 12:58 PM
HIY YAS QUICK UPDATE B EXHUSTED HER SELF ENOUGH TO CRASH FOR ABOUT 24 HRS

was wanting out this am when she saw her buddies sleeping now

I guess she going to check out of the kitty casa monday ot tues day

and i still have not bought batteries!!!!!! :loser::clown::2cents:

hazelrunpack
September 20th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Oy, Jim! Letting a good photo op go to waste! :yell: :p

Glad to hear she finally crashed, though! :D