Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

adopted a rescue pup

sophiecat
September 16th, 2009, 08:24 PM
When I posted here a month ago I was debating whether to adopt a rescue dog. I did adopt from a place in Northern Quebec and received a beautiful, shiny, black little girl, supposed to be lab/golden retriever but she's looking more lab/german shepherd. We've had her for 3 weeks and she is settling in wonderfully - still a bit skittish but we're really really happy with her. We're now waiting for her DNA analysis to arrive to see what's really rolling around in her. Whatever she is, she has a super personality.

Frenchy
September 16th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Congratulations !!!!!

Where are the pictures ???? :p

sophiecat
September 16th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I'll have to get some pics up but her face doesn't show up very well in photos as she is soooo shiny black. She's around 4 to 5 months old and putting on some weight.

Frenchy
September 16th, 2009, 08:56 PM
take your time but make it fast :laughing:

diandpat
September 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM
take your time but make it fast :laughing:

OMG you kill me :laughing::laughing::laughing:

diandpat
September 16th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Sophiecat, congratulations on your new family member!!!! Glad she has a great personality. As hard as it is, try not to coddle her when she is acting skittish...you don't want to reinforce that behavior.

She will settle in once she gets used to the routine!!!!

I know you are going to love it!!!! Does she have a name????

pbpatti
September 16th, 2009, 10:23 PM
congrats on the new family member, yippee another one found a forever home.

hazelrunpack
September 16th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Congratulations, sophiecat! I hope you get some good pics soon so we can meet the little lady! :highfive:

Love4himies
September 17th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I'll have to get some pics up but her face doesn't show up very well in photos as she is soooo shiny black. She's around 4 to 5 months old and putting on some weight.

We don't care if they are good, we love looking at any pics. :cloud9:

chico2
September 17th, 2009, 07:25 AM
:thumbs upfor another rescued pup and we really do not care if a pic is good or not so good:dog:

ancientgirl
September 17th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Aww, congratulations! I've got two black cats, and it's easier to get a nice picture of their face in some good light.:D

Now go take pictures.

BenMax
September 17th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Thank you for rescueing!!! You will have many joyous years ahead as I know she is grateful to you.:thumbs up