Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

UGH! Another cat looking for a home....

krdahmer
September 14th, 2009, 07:08 PM
As some of you know I rehomed quite a few cats a few years back through a local rescue and PetSmart, and with each one I always offered my info in case they had any questions about their temperment or wanted some of the pics I had. Well hubby gets a call yesturday while I'm at work and she called back when I got home to let me know things weren't working out with Angus a young male she adopted 3 years ago.... and the sob story sounds pretty familiar....:wall:
he is spraying under her baby's crib (no doubt it's impossible for them to shut a frikkin door)
he has the runs and is having accidents on the floor (hm... I would have called a vet not a foster home from 3 years ago and I'm sure they're feeding him quality food:rolleyes:)
and his personality has changed....hm... a new baby and you're angry at him for being sick.... I wonder why????:loser:

I knew this lady was a bad choice but I had no say in it, she called after only having him 2 days to say he was a dud because he had a small lump on his back where he had just gotten his first shots.:frustrated: She wanted to give him back then but we nicely explained that there was nothing wrong with him and that the lump would disappear on its own.

I gave her the number of my contact at the rescue, so I hope she got things sorted out today, I'm off tomorrow and will call to make sure Angus is ok, and offer to foster him again if necessary.... I'm just so disappointed and irritated with this lady. :mad: I know that sometimes things don't work out, but this lady was spewing me the classic, we found something better and don't want to be bothered with this cat anymore story.

So keep your fingers crossed for little Angus!:fingerscr:goodvibes:

Oh and ps I'm working like crazy right now.... so I've been reading and trying to catch up, but I haven't had much time to reply...:shrug: But you know I love you all and am always thinking good thoughts for you and your furries!!!:goodvibes::pray::grouphug:

Frenchy
September 14th, 2009, 07:14 PM
wtf ? she wanted to give him back because of a lump ? :confused:

what if she gets one herself .... will her hubby leave her because of it ? :rolleyes:

poor kitty :sad:

Bailey_
September 14th, 2009, 07:15 PM
:sad:Aye, aye, aye! What a nut job. Sounds like the typical stories, that's for sure.

Poor Angus. I'm sure he's feeling very stressed out with everything, and they certainly can tell when people don't like them. :sad: I do hope it all turns out for the best, but it doesn't sound like Angus is in a good place with these people if they're so quick to return him.

Sheri H
September 14th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Poor Angus. :sad: Hopefully, everything will work out for him. I hate to say it, but perhaps it might be best for you to foster him again if these people are so eager to dump him. Perhaps next time, they might not call you and just get rid of poor Angus.

14+kitties
September 14th, 2009, 09:44 PM
:grouphug: to you mf. All you need right now with hubby and work. I hope she gets her act together today but chances aren't good. You know that. Rescues are full up right now. All of them.
Are you planning on using your large crate to introduce him to all of yours or your office?
You know where I am if you need me. :grouphug:

krdahmer
September 15th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Thanks 14, ya if the rescue hasn't gotten back to her when I call tomorrow, I'll be putting him in the large crate in the office, can't introduce him cause hubby is adamant that we are NOT keeping him.... :rolleyes: As I remember he is a super sweet guy so I'm sure he'll find a new and better home soon. I just want to make sure they don't just throw him outside or dump him somewhere.... I feel responsible because I chose to take him in and find him a new home.... I wish I had of spoken up the first time that lady called 3 years ago about the lump!:mad:

Tundra_Queen
September 15th, 2009, 01:51 AM
That is so sad...how can people throw animals away like that? It makes me sick! Poor kitty could be sick and trying to get their attention that he isn't feeling well so he pooped where they spend most of their time so they would see it!

Is there some kind of black ball list that resuces have so these same people won't be able to adopt more animals? If there isn't there should be!

Debbie

krdahmer
September 15th, 2009, 12:41 PM
You're so right TQ, there should be a list for those unworthy of pets... and everyone should have to show valid id to adopt a pet....but so long as there are still pet stores selling pets and mills to breed them, I don't see that happening. I know this rescue will not re-adopt to someone who returns an animal with such flimsy excuses. As for others, who knows. :shrug: