Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

All Breed Fun Day - Oct 3 - Boyd Conservation Area

JRT Rescue
August 19th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Hi All,

Jack Russell Terrier Rescue Ontario is having an All Breed Fun Day on Sunday October 3rd, 2004 at Boyd Conservation Area from 11a.m.-4p.m.

There will be Jack Russell Only Racing (softie muzzle required, available for purchase onsite), as well as All Breed Agility and Wiener Bobbing. We are hoping to get a few other events, but will have a raffle, barbecue and Second Hand Jack Table where you can pick up dog toys and accessories. All proceeds will go to the Rescue.

Please see our website at http://www.russellrescue.org/FunDay for more details and to pre-register.

Sincerely,

Michelle Guest
Jack Russell Terrier Rescue Ontario
www.russellrescue.org

Luba
August 19th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Hi Michelle where abouts is that park?

JRT Rescue
August 19th, 2004, 09:02 PM
The park is off Islington Ave., north of Hwy 7. North of the town of Woodbridge. There is a small map on our website (www.russellrescue.org/funday) and the park's website is http://www.trca.on.ca/parks_and_attractions/places_to_visit/boyd/

Luba
August 19th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Thanks very much :D

JRT Rescue
August 19th, 2004, 09:07 PM
I guess I should mention that we are hoping to have some more events, but it really depends on us getting more volunteers. Even if you don't have a dog you could come out to volunteer and get to see some Jack Russells and other dogs in action :) Again, you can fill out the pre-registration/volunteer form through our website at www.russellrescue.org/funday if you are interested and we will try to get back to you shortly.

Luba
August 19th, 2004, 09:45 PM
There are some JRT's in my neighbourhood (mine is a collie) and I'll pass the word along. Thx for spreading the fun news.

JRT Rescue
August 20th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Don't forget it is an All Breed Fun Day, meaning all types of dogs can come :) Of course, you should make sure your dog has manners since there will be lots of other dogs around.

All Breeds can try their hand on the Agility equipment, or see how well they can bob for weenies!! If we can get more volunteers, we may have Lure Coursing for All Breeds.

As far as the JRTs coming out, don't worry if your dog doesn't have experience racing. The only way they will get experience is to come out and try!! We require the muzzles because the terriers can get very nippy when they are all racing for the lure--it's just a safety measure :)

JRT Rescue
September 1st, 2004, 11:46 PM
Just announced -- we will also be having Go-to-Ground for the attending Jack Russells. This is an activity that simulates what the Jack was originally bred to do. Come out to see your Jack's true nature comes out!!

We are also in the works of setting up a Rally-O demo and Frisbee Toss, these are activities that are applicable for All Breeds. Rally obedience, or “Rally-o” as it’s quickly being termed by enthusiasts, is the latest event to hit the show circuit. A non-regular class, it has some characteristics of rally sports car racing, dog agility, and traditional obedience combined into a new fun sport.

Hope to see you there!! Pre-register or volunteer at http://www.russellrescue.org/funday !!

JRT Rescue
September 21st, 2004, 02:57 PM
Less than 2 weeks away...do you have your calendars marked?

Hope to see you there!