Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

still bloomin'

mollywog
September 8th, 2009, 06:40 PM
With the warm weather FINALLY here, my gardens have been loving it.
Only 1 "stem" of daylilies popped up but they were worth the wait...
And boy do I have Tiger Lilies!!
Lotsa Phlox too, a nice bright addition! (With a couple random Rudbeckia tucked in there too!)

TBC...

mollywog
September 8th, 2009, 06:42 PM
The new flower bed that my parents helped me plant Aug 1st is settling in nicely... no losses yet :thumbs up

I planted these sunflowers from seed the weekend we moved in (end of June) and am worried I won't get to see them bloom

Finally, I also planted a small bed of wild flowers, they took a long time to bloom, and aren't the most showy, but sure are interesting. Here is just one so far.

I saw my first red tomato today as well! :thumbs up
How's everyone else's gardens doing??

mollywog
September 8th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I also wanted to point out that the leaves are already falling off our maple tree :sad: a sure sign of fall! You can see them scattered on the ground in my 4th pic.

Winston
September 8th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Nice gardens & flowers!

No leaves here yet! didnt we just get summer? :D

Looking good! love the new one in the last pic..looks kinda neet!

Cindy

Marcha
September 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
That's looking gorgeous!! My phlox bloomed very briefly very early due to high temps here. :( I'm glad you're getting much more enjoyment out if it than I got out of mine. Yay for warmer weather!

The borage/starflower in the bottom pic is beautiful. I love that shade of blue in flowers. The new bed is also very nicely done - and obviously well-loved and tended too, judging by the pristine hosta leaves.

mollywog
September 8th, 2009, 09:17 PM
That's looking gorgeous!! My phlox bloomed very briefly very early due to high temps here. :( I'm glad you're getting much more enjoyment out if it than I got out of mine. Yay for warmer weather!

The borage/starflower in the bottom pic is beautiful. I love that shade of blue in flowers. The new bed is also very nicely done - and obviously well-loved and tended too, judging by the pristine hosta leaves.

Thanks Marcha but don't be fooled by those Hostas.... there are holes in the leaves :frustrated: but you can't see them from this far away :thumbs up

I dug up another new bed too, but it's not filled with plants yet... so you will all have to wait to see that one ;)