Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

the cat ate sticky tack

brit735
September 8th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Yesterday morning I found a big piece of sticky tack (the stuff used to hang posters) on the floor that looked like a piece of chewed up gum. Since then the cat is acting like himself and doesn't seem sick. It was not toxic and I'm not sure if he actually ingested any of the sticky tack. Should I be worried, he hasn't had a bowel movement since yesterday morning (possibly before chewing on the sticky tack). Should I continue to feed him normally or will that make possible constipation worse? Is there anything else I can do?
Thanks

14+kitties
September 8th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Probably ok but phone your vet to be on the safe side. Ingesting foreign objects is never something to fool around with.