Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for Feedback

Sierra
September 7th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Hi - I'm looking at starting up my own dog walking business in the SE (Copperfield, MacKenzie, Auburn Bay, etc). I'm just trying to determine if there is a need for this type of service there. Since I love animals, and have worked for a vet in the past, I think this would be an ideal job for me. I have a dog myself, who benefits from this.
I currently work full time, but would like to venture out in my own business. I would appreciate any feedback.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Kind regards.

shihtzu mom
September 7th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Since I am not from your area I dont have anything useful to offer about dog walking as a job, but, if that did not work out have you thought about doggy daycare. Another thought: My neighbor knew a woman in (Montana) who went to peoples homes when they went away for a few days and fed and walked their dogs a couple of times a day. I will be retiring in a few years (I hope) and am considering the daycare aspect. I would only want to take care of a few small dogs but others might consider more depending on their situation. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Bailey_
September 7th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Hi Sierra.

Please PM me. I have some good friends that may be looking to hire someone for their own business in Calgary. Even if you aren't interested in joining their team, I'm sure you could learn a lot from them! They've been doing this for quite some time. I'll send you their website when you PM me. :thumbs up