Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gentle Toby

luckypenny
September 3rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
I never imagined having to post in this forum.

At noon today, Toby began his journey to the bridge. The sweetest most gentle dog I have ever been blessed to know, and to love.

RIP beautiful, beautiful Toby.

Jim Hall
September 3rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
aww im so sorry to hear that :candle:

aslan
September 3rd, 2009, 09:44 PM
aaaw hon, Frenchy just filled me in. I`m soooo sorry for yours and the families loss. You atleast gave him a happy ending my friend and he passed knowing love.:2huggers:

i`m home if you need a shoulder

14+kitties
September 3rd, 2009, 09:45 PM
Oh no! I am so sorry LP. :sad: :grouphug:
:candle::rip: Toby :angel2: :candle: You spent the last part of your life with a wonderful family. :candle:

hazelrunpack
September 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
I'm so sorry, LP :grouphug:

:candle: Toby

growler~GateKeeper
September 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
LP :2huggers: I'm so sorry :cry2:

:rip: sweet :angel2: Toby :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle:

:grouphug:

BusterBoo
September 3rd, 2009, 09:48 PM
:sorry: LP... you know you are in my thoughts and prayers....

:rip: sweet Toby...

:angel2:

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
I know how you're hurting LP , and I know that Toby knew that you did EVERYTHING to make him better. He must thought he was in heaven those past weeks , with doggy friends , and a family that loved him and pampered him like you guys did. Toby had such a beautiful soul :cloud9:

Kudos to you MF , you were his angel. :angel: and now he can go in peace to the rainbow bridge and play with the other dogs , free of pain :rip:

:grouphug:

Chaser
September 3rd, 2009, 09:56 PM
Oh no....I had thought he was in good health for a senior. :sad:

What a handsome boy he was. I'm so sorry for your loss LP. :grouphug: I'm sure he knew how much he was loved :angel2:

SIL
September 3rd, 2009, 09:56 PM
LP I am very sorry to hear about Toby :grouphug:

:rip: Toby :candle:

diandpat
September 3rd, 2009, 10:01 PM
OMG what happened???? :cry::cry::cry:

You all must be heartbroken! :grouphug:

sweet Toby, off to the Bridge in good health and good spirits. Your final family will miss you terribly :cry:
:rip:

BenMax
September 3rd, 2009, 10:32 PM
My dear friend I am so very very sorry. I cannot imagine how you must feel but please know that he knew what love was. You and your family probably loved him more than he ever received. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know. Again my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Thank you so much for loving him and cherishing him for the time with you. For him it was a lifetime.:grouphug:

RIP little man.:rip: You will be remembered for years to come. Bless your heart.

Shaykeija
September 3rd, 2009, 11:27 PM
I am so sorry for your loss....He knew he was loved and always will be....:rip::angel2:

chico2
September 4th, 2009, 07:56 AM
:sad:so sorry LP
Toby certainly lived out his life in a paradise for pups,with the most loving caring people.
I loved his whitish face and wonderful gentle eyes,:rip:sweet Toby:candle:

Love4himies
September 4th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I am so sorry, LP and am in shock :cry: :grouphug:

You were Toby's :angel: to give him the most wonderful gift, love, even if it was only for a short period in his life.

:rip: Sweet Toby :candle:

ancientgirl
September 4th, 2009, 10:38 AM
LP, I'm so sorry. You had so little time with him.:sad:

But, you gave him a home, and love, and you were able to make his last days incredibly happy.

Toby:rip:

edwina
September 4th, 2009, 10:46 AM
:rip: Toby :cry::cry:
:candle:

Winston
September 4th, 2009, 12:04 PM
LP as I sit here typing this I am bawling! I am so sorry for you and your family. I cant imagine the loss your feeling. I am proud to say I know first hand how Gentle his soul was! I had the pleasure of meeting him. I am also sure that he was in heaven living with Lp and her family!

Toby had a gracefull regal look about him and the grace of a gentle old soul!

May you run free at the bridge sweet Toby! Until you meet your family again!

RIP :rip::candle:

LP we are here for you!

breeze
September 4th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I'm so sorry LP.

:candle::candle:

know that he is running pain free and he knew what love was all about in his short time he had with you and your family..

:rip:

fosterpat
September 4th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I am so so sorry Lp. I'm sure there is nothing anyone can say at this time to ease your pain. But as difficult as it is, you, the boys and dh, must know that Toby had the best months of his life with you.
He reached a riped old age knowing true love from a family who gave him everything that we all hope dogs like Toby receive, even for just a short time.

sugarcatmom
September 4th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Oh no!! I just saw this :cry:. I'm so sorry LP, that you have to go through this kind of sorrow. But at the same time, Toby got to experience such amazing love in his final days and he know doubt left this realm with the biggest smile on that handsome face of his. http://www.smileys4me.com/getsmiley.php?show=1073

Peace and hugs to you and your family.... :grouphug:

clm
September 4th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I'm so sorry LP. He was truly a beautiful dog and you were so lucky to have had each other.

clm

friend2animals
September 6th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I am so sorry for your recent loss:sorry:

:rip::angel:

Sheri H
September 6th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a pet/family member.

luckypenny
September 6th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Toby brought much more to our family, in the too short time he was with us, than I had ever thought imaginable.

His health started to decline rapidly last Monday. He was refusing food and spent his days sleeping. By Wednesday morning, when he was unable to get up on his own, I realized something serious was happening and that it possibly wasn't just a bad spell. When I returned from work that day, I carried him outside to pee...it was red. I had made an appointment with his vet for Friday evening, her next availability, but by Thursday morning, I knew he needed to go asap.

My husband met me there with Toby. He lost 8lbs since his last vet visit one week earlier.

I spoke with our vet Friday night. She suspects metastatic liver cancer.

It's funny how this all turned out. We were only supposed to keep him for one week until transport was arranged for him to a rescue in Ontario. Within the first hour he was here, and we realized he may have had some serious issues with his legs/hips, we knew he was staying put with us. Never would I have thought it would be for such a short while. I believe he entered our lives for a reason.

If anything gives me comfort, it's that at least he wasn't alone with complete strangers. We had enough time to develop a bond; it wasn't difficult with a pup like Toby. Our pain brings us comfort because we know it's there out of our love for him. And if there's anything that gives me much discomfort, it's the fact that someone can turn their back on that perfect, once-in-a-lifetime dog, after more than 11 loyal years, in his time of greatest need. Shame.

growler~GateKeeper
September 6th, 2009, 08:46 PM
:2huggers:

hazelrunpack
September 6th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Some people never know what they're missing because they never open their hearts. So they miss all of what's best in life. :shrug:

Toby was so lucky in his last family, LP :grouphug: How much love he must have felt with you all! :cloud9: I'm just so sorry you got so little time together...

ancientgirl
September 6th, 2009, 08:59 PM
LP, I wish something could have been done for him. It's terrible to think he was tossed away with so little thought.

He needed you, he came into your lives because in his last days he deserved love and compassion, which is what he found with you and your family.:grouphug:

luckypenny
September 6th, 2009, 09:36 PM
We needed him too, and were just as lucky if not more so...he helped open our eyes and our hearts wider.

I'd like to share two last photos of him. It didn't take Lucky long at all to be smitten by Toby's charm and gentleness...they turned out to be the bestest of buds :cloud9:. And the girls were forever kissing his face...in the second photo, Penny (on the left) and Jasmine in one of their smooching sessions :lovestruck:.

14+kitties
September 6th, 2009, 09:45 PM
LP - My heart is bleeding for you. :grouphug: In the end Toby was much loved and loved much in return.
Just a small poem to help ease the pain. It is very sweet. And true. I don't know who wrote it but they know. Yep, they know. :angel2:

We Remember Them

In the rising of the sun and in its going down,
We remember them;
In the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter,
We remember them;
In the opening of the buds and in the warmth of summer,
We remember them;
In the rustling of leaves and the beauty of autumn,
We remember them;
In the beginning of the year, and when it ends,
We remember them;
When we are weary and in need of strength,
we remember them;
When we are lost and sick at heart,
We remember them;
When we have joys we yearn to share,
We remember them;
So long as we live, they too shall live,
for they are now a part of us as
WE REMEMBER THEM

Author Unknown

luckypenny
September 6th, 2009, 09:54 PM
That poem is so beautiful and is so true, 14+. Thank you :grouphug:.

14+kitties
September 6th, 2009, 09:57 PM
That poem is so beautiful and is so true, 14+. Thank you :grouphug:.

:grouphug::thumbs up

Frenchy
September 6th, 2009, 11:14 PM
We needed him too, and were just as lucky if not more so...he helped open our eyes and our hearts wider.

I know how much you are hurting LP and I am so sorry for this but ... I"m so thankfull you 'saved' him ,,,, because you did !!! Yes , getting an older dog , that nobody wants to adopt because they are too old .... is an amazing experience. Yes it is hard but , oh so worth it. Know that Toby knew true love because of you , and that , is priceless ! :grouphug:

chico2
September 7th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Beautiful poem 14+..
My husband often ask,why Frenchy,L-P and so many others take care of senior dogs,knowing they don't have long to live.
The answer lies in a senior dogs eyes,seeing the confusion,the pain of having been left at a very lonely place,without the people whom he thought loved him.
I can soo understand why so many of you give your love and compassion,even if it is for a short time:grouphug::lovestruck:

Love4himies
September 7th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Wonderful peom, 14+ and so true.

LP, my heart is just breaking for you :cry:

Shame, shame on his previous owners.

cpietra16
September 7th, 2009, 09:08 AM
LP...I just saw this thread and my heart goes out to you. I understand the sorrow and loss. I'm sure that Toby understood love and your friendship and that 's why he was ready to go to the bridge. He got the unconditional love he finally craved...you and your family gave it up to him. You are amazing

Rottielover
September 7th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I am so sorry for your loss LP. I too just saw this thread. He sounded like a very gentle soul and you were both lucky to have found each other.
:rip: sweet Toby.

Magicwildwolf69
September 7th, 2009, 11:42 AM
i just saw this too :sad:
so sorry for your lost lp :2huggers: wish we could take the pain away. he was so loved in the short time you had him you can tell how you talk about him:cloud9: all my love and well wishes during this tough time.

marko
September 7th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss LP and offer you my deepest condolences. So many of us know how hard this is, but now it's your turn to let the tears out and know that we are here to help.

:rip: sweet Toby :candle:

Sincerely,

Marko

Frenchy
September 7th, 2009, 12:58 PM
And the girls were forever kissing his face...in the second photo, Penny (on the left) and Jasmine in one of their smooching sessions :lovestruck:.

I missed those pics yesterday ... the girls kissing him is too cute :cloud9:

MommaKat
September 7th, 2009, 08:18 PM
:grouphug: LP, I'm sorry for your loss but we all know how much you guys loved him in the short time he was there. I loved seeing his pictures, he looked to be a handsome and gentle boy . I'm sure he is watching over you all.

:candle: :rip: little one.

JennieV
September 7th, 2009, 10:31 PM
:candle:

(((((((HUGS))))))))

You are an angel, LP, you have given him more than you think. And I know he knew it. And he will wait for YOU at the bridge, not his other owner.

May the memory of him be a blessing to you all.

TeriM
September 8th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Oh no :sad: :cry:. I was away over the weekend and am just now seeing this. I am sooooo sorry LP, you and your family must be heartbroken. Toby's gentleness and wonderful character was very apparent in the pictures you have posted and the wonderful tales of his short time together with your family. I am only glad that his last days were spent with so much love.

Lots of hugs from me and my furries going to you and yours.
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Dog Dancer
September 8th, 2009, 10:51 PM
:sad: LP I'm so sorry to see this. Toby will wait for you at the bridge knowing that you were the family who truly cherished him. How lucky you all were to find each other, and yes you are right, he came to you for a reason.
RIP sweet Toby boy - you were so well loved by your new family. I love the kissy photo.

Tundra_Queen
September 10th, 2009, 02:05 AM
LP, I am so very sorry to hear about Toby, my heart aches for your loss. :grouphug:

Debbie

luckypenny
September 11th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Thank you every one.

At the risk of sounding weird, something odd happened to me this evening after work :o. I went to sit with our dogs outdoors...I sat by the firepit where Toby always laid. I haven't been able to light a fire since. I looked up and this is what I saw :sad:. I thought of Swaysbodyguard's site/blog and his sign from Sway...and wondered if this one was meant for me from Toby :o. It hasn't rained in over a week.

I miss him so much :sad:.

hazelrunpack
September 11th, 2009, 09:28 PM
How cool is that, LP!? A sun dog! :grouphug: I would say definitely a sign! :cloud9:

14+kitties
September 11th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Oh beautiful! Toby was letting you know you were his light at the end of his days. He was also letting you know he is very happy and content at the bridge. :cloud9:
And now I am in tears again for all of our babies who have gone on to better things. :candle:

Winston
September 11th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Yep LP you have been blessed with a message! I beleive Josh & Sway and many others receive these its just whether you can see them! and you did!

Toby touched many lives and is truly an inspiration! The pain will ease my friend! :candle:

chico2
September 12th, 2009, 08:12 AM
L-P,beautiful!
I believe the strong bond between us and our animals,the love we feel,will always be there and when an animal leaves for the Bridge,he/she is still always present in the beauty mother nature shows us every day.
We just have to open our eyes and see.
Toby is there,to comfort you,to tell you he's sorry he had to leave,but he's happy now:angel2:

wendy205
October 3rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
im so sorry for your sad loss he was a beautiful animal, you will dearly miss him, im sure you had a lot of good memories to share, the heartache of losing a animal can cut deep and time may heal a broken heart but memories will live forever in our hearts ,
be free and happy sweet toby:candle::angel2::grouphug::rip:
wendy205

lilycat
October 10th, 2009, 11:56 AM
oh! so sorry for your loss...he was so cute :) ... i hope you find peace in all the saddness, i know what it is to loose a loved one, ( i've had about 3 dogs since i was little) good thing he went away with a lot of love...

krdahmer
October 10th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Oh LP, I am so sorry I missed all this.... Toby was beautiful, and a ladies man by the looks on those girls! :lovestruck: So sorry you had such a short time with him, but I'm sure you each made a loving, special difference in the life of the other. :grouphug: :rip::pray:

hunnybunny
October 14th, 2009, 05:53 AM
So sorry for your loss :candle:

Run free lovely boy:angel2: xx

mandy252
November 8th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Hi,

I haven't been to this site in a few months, if any of you remember me, my Mandy (13.5yr old yellow lab) passed in July.

Anyway, I just read of your dear Toby..Im so sorry.
Please know I think of you today and hope you are well.

Sincerely,
Jennifer

Ryan48
November 23rd, 2009, 10:43 PM
RIP, Toby. You are a beautiful boy.

Ryan