Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Might Be Getting a Dog :)

TwinTails
September 3rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
Actually, 2! I contacted the rescue that I got my Mom's dog from, and asked her if she by chance knew of any Chihuahuas or similar small dogs that were in need of a home. She and her hubby mulled over it, and offered me two of the young dogs they have in foster :D

Max is a 1 1/2 year old purebred papered Chihuahua. He's solid black and only about 5lbs. Hala is almost 1 year old (born Christmas day), a mix (I think she's a schnauzer/chihuahua mix, or chi/something mix). She has a hair lip, and was bottle raised (like 3 of my cats were). She's about 10 lbs at the most, solid black with terrier like hair. I met her when I picked up Sadie (Hala is a sweetheart). They are seriously bonded and will need to go together.

So, I am talking to the landlord about getting two pups to train as medic alert dogs. Hubby isn't sure about it (he's worried about space, but I am willing to purge my junk to make way for them). So, if all goes well we will have two new pups at the end of this month :D

The best thing is that both dogs love Sadie, and Sadie loves them :) So they will have wonderful playtimes together :)

So, please keep positive vibes going for us, this is an opportunity of a lifetime for us!

ancientgirl
September 3rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
The best of luck to you! I hope you can bring them home. I'm sure the room should not be an issue. From your description, they are small dogs so they may not need a whole lot of space.

How exciting!

mollywog
September 3rd, 2009, 07:22 PM
Thats great news. You sound really excited, I would be too!!
You will have to post pics once you get them, I love Chi's!!! :lovestruck:

TwinTails
September 3rd, 2009, 07:30 PM
Thank you :D I am very excited! I had a Chi years ago, she was my very first dog (one that I chose for myself). I've wanted another since she passed away at the age of 17 yrs. These two are sweet, and I am hoping everything will fall into place! :lovestruck: :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
September 3rd, 2009, 09:20 PM
Max and Hala sound like little darlings, TwinTails! :goodvibes: :fingerscr that all works out!

14+kitties
September 4th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Wow!! Talk about a full house when you bring two more home!! :thumbs up Wtg!! Will keep my fingers crossed!!

BenMax
September 4th, 2009, 08:52 AM
:fingerscr that it works out!

Thanks for going to a rescue and considering a bonded pair. They are so hard to place usually and it's that special someone that is willing to do so.

Best of luck that everything goes as planned.

TwinTails
September 4th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks everyone! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works out :) They are both very sweet little dogs, and I think they will fit exactly what I've been searching for for more than 5 years now :) I know it will work out, I have a deep feeling in my gut ;) Even though Gary is thinking "Yeah, right", lol, I know it will :D :fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr

TwinTails
September 14th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Well, I've talked it over with many people, talked to the Residency Tenancy board and the rescue. I told the rescue that I do want them both, so we are aiming for the end of this month :D

Looks like things are going good here :D :D :D :D

Bailey_
September 14th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Congrats TT!!:thumbs up

ancientgirl
September 14th, 2009, 06:06 PM
That's great! I can't wait to see them all settled in.

Frenchy
September 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM
so we are aiming for the end of this month :D

I don't know if I can wait that long :yell:

:p

congratulations TT :thumbs up

TwinTails
September 14th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I don't know if I can wait that long :yell:

:p

congratulations TT :thumbs up

Oh I hear ya! :laughing: :cloud9: :lovestruck: :fingerscr