Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Phoenix - The poor Chow left to suffer

flipgirl4
September 3rd, 2009, 12:40 AM
Has anyone heard or seen the story on Phoenix, the Chow Chow found in Durham area? Apparently, his owner abandoned him and he was found is someone's backyard. He has some skin disease which has destroyed his nose. The Durham SPCA has offered a $2500 reward to find the owner who abandoned the poor dog.

He has now been diagnosed with terminal tongue cancer. I think they're just deciding if he should be fostered for his remaining days or be euthanized.

I just feel so bad for this poor dog and I hope they do catch his owner. If he or she couldn't afford the treatment, the least they could do is surrender him to the SPCA. Give me a break....I would rather have that on my conscience than knowing I have a bounty on my head and that I let an animal suffer.

Here's a link to the info on Pheonix from the Durham SPCA - http://www.humanedurham.com/phoenix%20updates.htm

The reward is more than $5000 now.

EndOfFashion
September 3rd, 2009, 12:45 PM
I have heard about Phoenix, and it just makes me want to cry. The worst thing is I have a feeling someone knows something - a purebred blond Chow Chow isn't exactly a common sighting in the Durham region. There must be people protecting the a-hole who let this dog fall into such a state of disrepair :wall::wall::wall:

It's sad to know that after everything this dog has been through, there's nothing that can be done to save him. At least he'll spend his last few weeks, months, whatever - in a loving, knowledgeable foster home.

BenMax
September 3rd, 2009, 12:47 PM
Very very sad. Hopefully someone will say something! Damn these things really get my goat!:mad:

FlamesGirl
September 3rd, 2009, 05:37 PM
The way some people treat animals is disgusting. I think it's a symptom of our "throw-away" society.

My dog was also left tied up in the backyard and abandoned by his owners when they moved away. He was left for two days before the neighbours unchained him - and then left him loose to run amok through the neighbourhood. Thank god the rescue society found him and cared for him.

People make me sick.

jazzy
September 4th, 2009, 12:13 AM
The former owner probably found out about the cancer, figured it would be too expensive, then ditched the dog. Poor thing. I hope he recovers. =(

I wish I could donate, but don't have the money to spare at the moment.

chico2
September 4th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Yes,I've followed Phoenix story,was hoping he would recover by a miracle,but it was not to be:cry:

joeysmama
September 4th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I don't understand how heartless people can be. It's disgusting and really scary. :sad: