Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tattoos

NoahGrey
September 2nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
How many of you have tattoos that are animal related? So far, I have one. It is on my back. It is a design, but when you look at it, it is an elephant. I want to get a few more.

One of them is, I want to get a paw prints, for each animal that I have picked up and left a soft spot in my heart. Just don't know where to get it on my body *lol* I have quite a few. Also, one of these quotes as well. Probably get these in Chiense lettering, since you can pretty much sum up a paragraph with one or a few letters. Can't decide on which one.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated".

“Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.”

Those who wish to pet and baby wild animals "love" them. But those who respect their natures and wish to let them live normal lives, love them more

Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved

Oh and i want to get my cats paw print as well.

ACO22

BenMax
September 2nd, 2009, 01:29 PM
Believe this or not I have no tatoos. Everyone thinks that I would be sporting them but I don't.

My sister however has 3. One on her shoulder that is a portrait of her deceased Siamese, another on her whole side, again of her cat but done like a henna, and another on her ankle of the monarch that stayed around her while she held her cat after it passed away. We were holding the cat after she died and were waiting for the crematorium to pick her up (the cat, not my sister)...

If I did get one however I would want a horse head between my shoulder blades.

Melinda
September 2nd, 2009, 02:26 PM
I have quite a few, the only ones animal related are the daisies on my foot and around my ankle, they were for my late dog daisy

CarolynInPEI
September 2nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
I have a few tattoos, 2 of them are animal related. I have a gecko on my shoulder and I have a japanese symbol meaning Rabbit on my stomach.

mollywog
September 2nd, 2009, 05:56 PM
I mentioned this in the previous thread, right around the time I was 20, I got 2 tattoos within 1 year of each other. First one is a styilized maple leaf on my ankle to show my :ca: pride and the second one is a tribal snowflake on my lower back to symbolize my love of snow, skiing, and all things winter!!
I think that's all for me!

ancientgirl
September 2nd, 2009, 07:43 PM
I've got one. It's a colorful bird of paradise (the bird not the flower).

I want to get more, but these I want to either be portraits of each of my cats, or their names or something that is representative of them.

aslan
September 2nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
i have 7 tattoo's in total, one unicorn, one eeyore one tigger hugging pooh, do they count as animals:D

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2009, 08:57 PM
I used to have 4 but got 2 removed by lazer. I do miss them :sad:

Chaser
September 2nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
I have two - a butterfly and a unicorn. I got both as a teenager and didn't choose an artist wisely.....they both need to be re-worked now.

I'm planning on getting Chase's pawprint on the top of my foot (he's got pretty dainty feet, so it won't look weird), and then start getting the names of our dogs done in a nice feminine script around my ankle.

DH-to-be is planning to get a portrait done of Kailey...her gorgeous colouring will make an amazing tattoo! But we'll be cautious in finding a good tattoo artist to do it!

aslan
September 2nd, 2009, 09:12 PM
chase-mom, there is an excellent portrait artist in Brampton and one in guelph:thumbs up

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2009, 09:16 PM
I'm planning on getting Chase's pawprint on the top of my foot

I want a pawprint too , but on top of foot ? OUCH :eek:

Chaser
September 2nd, 2009, 10:16 PM
chase-mom, there is an excellent portrait artist in Brampton and one in guelph:thumbs up

Could you PM those to me aslan?

Chaser
September 2nd, 2009, 10:20 PM
I want a pawprint too , but on top of foot ? OUCH :eek:

needles just don't bother me at all....my automatic response to pain is laughing. :shrug: it's really very weird.

I have at least 3 other tattoos planned as well, but am trying to lose weight first. that's part of the reason the paw print in going on my foot - weight loss doesn't really matter there!

Frenchy - are you getting a specific dog's paw print? I don't know how well Chase will cooperate with getting his foot stamped, but I plan to try anyway!

14+kitties
September 2nd, 2009, 10:21 PM
I have toyed with the idea of getting a small tattoo on my ankle for a lot of years. With my kitties I could have an ankle bracelet very quickly. :D However, if I ever do find the time/money to have one done at this point in my life it would probably be the breast cancer ribbon done in memory of my Mom.
Hubby really does not like tats.

Chaser
September 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
I have toyed with the idea of getting a small tattoo on my ankle for a lot of years. With my kitties I could have an ankle bracelet very quickly. :D However, if I ever do find the time/money to have one done at this point in my life it would probably be the breast cancer ribbon done in memory of my Mom.
Hubby really does not like tats.

I'm sure you could make the ribbon very dainty....and it would mean a lot for you.

14+kitties
September 2nd, 2009, 10:35 PM
I'm sure you could make the ribbon very dainty....and it would mean a lot for you.

I could. :thumbs up I have actually mentioned it to him and told him I am considering it. He knows how much I miss my mom. He also knows once I have my mind set to do something I normally do it. :D One of these days.....

ruffian
September 2nd, 2009, 11:19 PM
All of mine are animal related, even if 3 are mythological :laughing:

My first, because I'm a Leo:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/ruffiandog/1.jpg

My second...because I was drunk :loser:, and I want it covered:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/ruffiandog/2_3.jpg

My third, I just liked the flash:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/ruffiandog/4.jpg

My fourth, my sister drew this for me years ago, my Chinese Zodiac is a Dragon:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/ruffiandog/5.jpg

My fifth, I knew the artist and this was my birthday present:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/ruffiandog/6.jpg

and my Sixth, and last...for now :D:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/ruffiandog/7.jpg

My pet memorial tat I want to have an anklet done and add paw prints and names as the times come.

aslan
September 3rd, 2009, 05:47 AM
Chase-mom being totally lazy now..www.artaddictions.ca/ thats the one in Bramptom, the artist i've used is Matt, he is an excellent artist and very professional. Does amazing cover ups too..

The one in Guelph i'll have to get back to you, i have friends who have had portraits done by her so i'm just waiting for one of them to call me back. If I had the money i would love to get a portrait done by Kat Van D.:D

ok the woman in Guelphs name is Laurie...www.nighthawktattoo.com

Bearsmom
September 3rd, 2009, 06:33 AM
Ooh, I just got my very first tattoo last weekend....it's scaly right now, but once it heals, it should look pretty decent...I'll post a picture.

I wanted something to memorialize my mom and her struggle with cancer, so the artist drew up a cross (it's the same cross that was on my mom's coffin-morbid, but who cares) wrapped in a pink breast cancer ribbon with my mom's date of death on the ribbon.

Sounds wierd but apparently looks good (since I can't see it, it's on my back), but I trust dh to be honest.

ancientgirl
September 3rd, 2009, 07:12 AM
The key is to find a really good artist, especially if you plan on a portrait. My brother found a fantastic guy not too far from us. He just got an amazing Batman tat a couple of months ago and the artist did an amazing job. I've seen this guys other work and plan to use him.

I love the idea of paw prints representing your pet, but how do I get a paw print of my cats? What kind of ink do you use? I don't want anything toxic obviously, because they will be trying to lick it off.

14+, I love the pink ribbon idea. I don't know why I never thought of that. I also lost my mother to breast cancer. October is breast cancer awareness month. This year is 26 years my mother has been gone. I'm going to mention it to my brother to see if maybe he would want to do this along with me.

NoahGrey
September 3rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
All of mine are animal related, even if 3 are mythological :laughing:My fifth, I knew the artist and this was my birthday present:http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g158/ruffiandog/6.jpg

Did the one near your neck, was it very painful. I wanted to get one there, also one on the inside of my arm.

ACO22

aslan
September 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
ACO, everyones tolerance is differant, where one might hurt on me won't hurt on you. I have one on each ankle the right ankle was pffffft, the left OMG:eek:
The one on my pelvic bone didn't hurt but my friend was in tears having hers done. one of my wifes is an armband and she said the inside of her arm didn't hurt at all.:shrug:

aslan
September 3rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
AG you can get colored bristol board, wet kitties paw and push down on the board, then just trace the wet pawprint. You have one of the best tattoo places there is near you, MIAMI INK....

14+kitties
September 3rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
AG you can get colored bristol board, wet kitties paw and push down on the board, then just trace the wet pawprint. You have one of the best tattoo places there is near you, MIAMI INK....

:eek: Can you imagine what Cat Von D charges for one of her tats? Yikesola!!! She's wonderful but I would imagine her prices are sky high.

aslan
September 3rd, 2009, 10:26 AM
unfortunately i think Kat is in L.A now isn't she and her prices range from $330. to $700. an hour from what i heard.:eek:

14+kitties
September 3rd, 2009, 10:32 AM
unfortunately i think Kat is in L.A now isn't she and her prices range from $330. to $700. an hour from what i heard.:eek:

Ooopss, you are right. That's the guys that have the shop in Miami. I haven't watched the shows in a while. :o

NoahGrey
September 3rd, 2009, 11:26 AM
I used to watch the show, that was based in Mami. Kat started on that show, then moved to LA and started her own show. Yes, her prices are way to pricey.

ACO22

BenMax
September 3rd, 2009, 11:30 AM
There was a tattoo show in Montreal last year (here this week as well I believe) and I met the 2 girls from Cat's shop. They really are amazing artists and their work was spectacular.

Also I saw the old fashion way of tattoo-ing - freaked me out and looked horribly painful...oh just the thought I am am getting wheezy.....:o

Schwinn
September 3rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Mrs. Schwinn keeps saying she wants to get a tattoo for either our anniversary or her birthday. I'm not a big fan of a lot, but I've thought about it. I always said if I ever get on the police force (yup, decided to give it another go), I'd get a sheriff's badge tattooed somewhere, and when I was in high school, I wanted to get the Tazmanian Devil in goalie equipment on my shoulder.

Still thinking of getting ab muscles tattooed on...so much easier than sit-ups...

Bearsmom
September 3rd, 2009, 01:33 PM
Still thinking of getting ab muscles tattooed on...so much easier than sit-ups...

You owe me a new monitor!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

BenMax
September 3rd, 2009, 02:14 PM
Mrs. Schwinn keeps saying she wants to get a tattoo for either our anniversary or her birthday. I'm not a big fan of a lot, but I've thought about it. I always said if I ever get on the police force (yup, decided to give it another go), I'd get a sheriff's badge tattooed somewhere, and when I was in high school, I wanted to get the Tazmanian Devil in goalie equipment on my shoulder.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Thanks for the mess on my monitor!:laughing:

Bearsmom
September 10th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Here it is:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/Robsmom/tattoo.jpg

Macomom
September 10th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Bearsmom,
That is a very pretty tattoo. I really like it. :thumbs up

Frenchy
September 10th, 2009, 08:03 PM
It's beautiful Bearsmom ! :thumbs up

Frenchy
September 10th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Frenchy - are you getting a specific dog's paw print? I don't know how well Chase will cooperate with getting his foot stamped, but I plan to try anyway!

oups I just saw this. No specifics because that would be favoritism :p I'll just get a regular one but I want something written too .... just don't know what yet. :shrug:

or maybe .... I should get one of all my pets , my back will be covered in no time :laughing:

Mat&Murph
September 11th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Great tattoos everyone. I have a wolf in the snow with forest background on my left shoulder with my son's name. HAve to get another one for my girls and I want to get paw prints as a arm band or around my ankle.

Candy317
December 17th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I got it to represent my love of dogs. Its a wolf in a paw.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs188.snc1/6293_100781789936509_100000140658956_18149_7430762 _n.jpg

luckypenny
December 17th, 2009, 11:37 PM
How many of you have tattoos that are animal related?

Does a chipmunk count :laughing:?

Luvmypitgirls
December 18th, 2009, 12:57 PM
This is my only "animal" tat thus far, but I plan on getting another Pit tat, once I find something I really like. I also want to get a banner of paw prints with the names of my babies that have passed on.
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/Rotti35/catiestatfinished008.jpg

BenMax
December 18th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Nice tatoos! I am such a wimp...so can't do it.:cry:

After finding out that my BIL passed out and pee'd his pants - I decided that I didn't want to chance it.

ancientgirl
December 18th, 2009, 03:34 PM
This is my only "animal" tat thus far, but I plan on getting another Pit tat, once I find something I really like. I also want to get a banner of paw prints with the names of my babies that have passed on.
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/Rotti35/catiestatfinished008.jpg

Oh, I think I'm going to steal that banner idea. LOL I've been wondering abo ut a way to get all my gang on a tat, and that's perfect!