Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my beautiful girl...

Enjolras
August 19th, 2004, 03:31 AM
okay...just found this forum, and figured i'd post some pics.

this is Reagan, the puppy that i rescued a few months ago. (she is the white one...I always wanted a German Shepherd, and never thought i'd find such a loving girl for $25!!!!!...the one next to her is my g/f's puppy, an aussie/lab mix)

http://www.members.aol.com/enjolras15/Reagan1.jpg

http://www.members.aol.com/enjolras15/Reagan2.jpg

http://www.members.aol.com/enjolras15/Reagan3.jpg

Cinnabear
August 19th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Gorgeous dog. :) Did you rescue her at a shelter? I can't believe you only paid $25 for her. Very cute.

Enjolras
August 19th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Gorgeous dog. :) Did you rescue her at a shelter? I can't believe you only paid $25 for her. Very cute.

yes. i went to the pound because my g/f was going to get a dog. she didn't, and i did!

she was $85, with a $60 "refund" check from the county when i had her spayed. altogether, she has prolly cost me $500 or so, (shots, checkups, kennel cough meds, etc.) but the initial price was $25 after the refund.

I've wanted a German Shepherd for a few years now, and was set to pay the $500 to $1,500 for one eventually. little did i know that on that day, i would get a beautiful one for almost nothing.

she has been a handful (to say the least), but GSD's are known for being pretty active puppies. those pics were taken at about 9 months, and she is almost 14 months now. looks almost exactly the same though ;)

I'll literally never get another dog unless its from the pound. We think that she either got out or (more likely) her owners let her run because she was one hell of a rambunctious puppy. well...their loss was my gain...got my purebred GSD for less than 5% the cost...and (more importantly) she is the friendliest, smartest dog i've ever seen.

iRONKNiGHT
August 19th, 2004, 04:25 AM
Awesome dog she maybe purebred but would be Disqualified at a dog show..
but awesome dog :) i wanted to get one of those "white" GSD's a while back.. it's nice to see the love you put into your little girl :)
i am also a dad to a little "hello kitty"
:p http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/germshep.cfm

Enjolras
August 19th, 2004, 04:55 AM
IK...

i know that in America she wouldn't be allowed at a show since she is all white...i understand the reasons for and against, and while i agree with the against in that she should be able to be shown...

i never intended to have a show dog...i just wanted an intelligent, loyal, loving puppy that would take care of me as much as i'd take care of her.

so far, she has fulfilled that beyond my wildest dreams (even including her "puppy" antics) which included resistance to housebreaking, being a bit destrucive, etc.

i won't post about how good she has been lately, because every darn time i mention it to someone, she does the exact opposite of what i said she has done (or not done). its like she hears me from far away, and combats it! ;)

krdahmer
August 19th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Oh now there is a face for commercials! Too cute! G/F's dog is a cutie too!

GunnerX
August 19th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Wow, a white GSD! She's quite a beauty.

glasslass
August 19th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Beautiful puppy! :)

Cactus Flower
August 19th, 2004, 12:36 PM
she maybe purebred but would be Disqualified at a dog show
Ouch! Was that necessary?

Your dog is gorgeous and I'd vote for her in a heartbeat :)
We had one when I was a little girl. She used to pull me around on my sled. These dogs are so sweet, and very intelligent. Do you have any kids?

Enjolras
August 19th, 2004, 03:30 PM
thanks guys!

Cactus...i didn't really take the 'disqual' comment to heart...just a fact of life. :cool:

i don't have any kids, and don't plan on any for at least a few years, if not longer...i just got out of college, so the financial situation is *nowhere* near good, and i want do a lot of the things you can't do when you have kids first! :D :D :D

wAggie
August 20th, 2004, 12:36 PM
WOW, those pix sure put a HUGe smile on my face!!

beautiful dog w a GREAT personality!!