Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Shasta's Journey to her new home

Sylvie
September 1st, 2009, 05:35 AM
Winston and I will be picking up Shasta at 8 a.m. We will be driving her to Shirley 1011's house and then in the morning she starts the long drive to meet her new parents.

Winston has promised to take pics. So she will be posting later. I will nag her for everyone, especially you MBIE.:laughing:

Won't be long now till she is in her new home.

Thanks again everyone for making this happen. :thumbs up

mollywog
September 1st, 2009, 06:30 AM
yayyyy!!! Safe travels, ladies, can't wait to see and hear all about it! :goodvibes:

Chris21711
September 1st, 2009, 08:44 AM
Fantastic Sylvie, all of you are :angel:'s.....I wish Shasta every happiness in her new home :):lovestruck:

Chaser
September 1st, 2009, 09:41 AM
Yay for Shasta! Glad to hear she's making her way home now. Lucky you two getting to spend time with that sweet girl :lovestruck:

Love4himies
September 1st, 2009, 09:42 AM
Wahoo, can't wait to see the pics :D

hazelrunpack
September 1st, 2009, 10:02 AM
:highfive:

:goodvibes: for a smooth trip!

shirley1011
September 1st, 2009, 12:18 PM
Shasta has arrived and such a lovely little thing. Of course my "pack" went nuts ....She is much smaller than we thought from the pictures and I'd say there could be some Elkhound there...she is very much like our Shasta. She has settled in now and sleeping...I know she won't be any problem on the road trip tomorrow...such a lovely dog. I am so thankful she has found a forever home.

pbpatti
September 1st, 2009, 12:23 PM
:thumbs up Safe Journey home Shasta:pray:

hazelrunpack
September 1st, 2009, 12:43 PM
:highfive: Yay!! One more day, Shasta!

You and hubby are so generous, Shirley! :grouphug: Winston and Sylvie, too!

But where are the pics! :o

Chaser
September 1st, 2009, 01:09 PM
I love how we're getting Shasta's Journey updates! :D :thumbs up

And yes, pictures required!

hazelrunpack
September 1st, 2009, 01:11 PM
We need every stage of the journey documented...for MBIE's scrapbook, of course. :D Not that we're nosy or anything :angel:

:laughing:

Winston
September 1st, 2009, 02:00 PM
Well we picked up this sweet little pupper that I thought was gonna be the average GSD size only to find this petite little lady! What a gem she is! she got in the van and sat down and never made a peep! nothing, notta couldnt beleive it! she has WONDERFUL travel abilities!

We arranged at one of her guardian angels houses to be met with a gang of doggies! Shirley1011 you have the most beautiful doggies! They all had to check out Shasta and see who the new gal was! she wasnt real happy about meeting them all at once but I think she liked them all just the same!

Although our time was very limited she stole a ppice of my heart! she appears to be a very gentle soul who takes whatever you seem to throw at her!

MBIE I honestly think you will be very pleased after taking this little one site unseen! she is a keeper!

Lastly my partner in crime Sylvie! Couldnt have done it without out you answering the call!!!!

Well on to the pics...I didnt get alot of pictures of Shasta but there are a few and also I will sneak a few in of Shirley1011's gang!

Sylvie and I have handed the journey over to Shirley who will deliver miss Shasta to her next leg of the journey and then on to her forever home!

Once again thank you so very much Shirley for your help in arranging this and your wonderful hospitality....and MBIE Hugs my friend and thank you for saving Shasta's life! You and you hubby will be reapid tenfold! :thumbs up

Winston
September 1st, 2009, 02:01 PM
a few more................

Winston
September 1st, 2009, 02:03 PM
my picture taking ability really doesnt do Shasta any justice!

Winston
September 1st, 2009, 02:04 PM
Shirley's dogs are gorgeous here are some of them!

Winston
September 1st, 2009, 02:06 PM
and some more!

Winston
September 1st, 2009, 02:08 PM
and some more

chico2
September 1st, 2009, 03:44 PM
OMG Winston thank's for all those pics,beautiful pups and what a nice house:thumbs up
Ally you girls are amazing and Shasta is a very fortunate,well deserving little girl,I am sure she'll love her new home:grouphug:

diandpat
September 1st, 2009, 03:52 PM
This is such a great story and those are fantastic pictures :cloud9:

Such a huge difference a few "ordinary" extraordinary people can make in one castaway animals life :cloud9::cloud9:

Shasta is beautiful and lucky. Shirley's dogs are so adorable...LOVE froggy poses :laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM
Oh, such beautiful dogs, Shirley! :cloud9:

And Shasta is a sweetie, MBIE! :flirt:

Thanks for the pics, Winston!!

14+kitties
September 1st, 2009, 03:59 PM
:cry: Great!! Now I am gonna be sobbing when I go check my babies!!
What a gorgeous girl she is! I can't understand the family not taking her and letting her live out the rest of her years in peace. But that's fine. She will have a wonderful new family very soon. :thumbs up
You ladies are amazing human beings! :grouphug: To you all for all you are doing to get Shasta to her new home. Although she looks like she would be just fine at Shirley's home too! :D Beautiful house!! Love the windows. :thumbs up
MBIE - You are one lucky lady. Not to mention pretty darned wonderful for taking on this gal. :cloud9:

Chaser
September 1st, 2009, 04:05 PM
Awww....what a dainty girl Shasta is :lovestruck:

And your puppers are just gorgeous Shirley! We need to see more of them :)

Winston
September 1st, 2009, 04:25 PM
I was dog nap one of them but they love it there! :D:D its like heaven! oh what I would give to have a piece of property like Shirley's! such country living!

14+ I hear ya! but not everyone is like the animal lovers here! so beit! she has a wonderful new home to look forward to!

Sylvie
September 1st, 2009, 05:13 PM
She stole my heart. :lovestruck:

I miss her already :yell:

Thank you everyone that has made this journey possible. I will sleep good tonight, knowing that one :angel2: is on her way to a loving home. :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
September 1st, 2009, 05:44 PM
Shasta is pretty, but I must of missed the thread about her story. I'm glad she is getting a new home. :)

Smiley14
September 1st, 2009, 05:50 PM
Oh, she is a dainty little thing! :lovestruck: Thank you all so much for helping her find and get to her forever home!!!! :cloud9:

Frenchy
September 1st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Shasta is so lucky to have met Sylvie and Winston ! And now her forever family .... I can't wait for pics :yell:

I've been waiting FOREVER :laughing:

oh and ... excuse my ignorance but , what breed are Shirley1011's dogs ? :confused: I've seen them before and I know these are not GSD ....

Winston
September 1st, 2009, 07:47 PM
Elkhound...arent they stunning Frenchy! OMG and so cute! She also has a Black GSD that I didnt get a picture of and he was such a sweetheart!

I may be wrong and Shirley can correct me but I think they are called Norweigan Elkhound (sp?) beautiful faces! neat fur and gotta love the curley tails! :thumbs up

Frenchy
September 1st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Elkhound...

That's it ! Thanks Winston , we don't have these in Quebec ... well maybe but I don't think I ever met one :sad:

Winston
September 1st, 2009, 07:56 PM
Stunning Breed Frenchy! I never actually saw one before until Shirley1011's Sable went missing and now to meet her gang was extra special! Her puppy Rocky has a very dark dark face and I really like that! (wasa it Rocky?? god there were too many I cant remember their names!)

shirley1011
September 2nd, 2009, 03:45 AM
Shasta had a good night...after a couple of long walks....she is such a sweetheart..We are on schedule this morning to leave at 5 a.m. heading for Ohio.

Yes, Winston they are Norwegian Elkhounds very badly behaved Elkhounds.

hazelrunpack
September 2nd, 2009, 12:02 PM
5 a.m.!!! Shirley, you're a saint! :laughing:

:goodvibes: for an easy trip!

BenMax
September 2nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
This story has stolen my attention and heart. For all those involved, you are my rescue heros for sure! MBIE - you have brightened my day as so many seniors are always looked over.

Wonderful news, beautiful story and THE BEST PEOPLE here on Pets!:grouphug:

Winston
September 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM
BM the best news is that she is going to a forever home and we know who! and I bet we will get some photos and updates too!

MBIE and DH are heros! :thumbs up

Now that Shasta is on part 2 of her journey with her guardian angel Shirley1011 we will have to wait for part 3 updates as she arrives in her forever home....and she gets to ride with her new Daddy all the way home! I would be willing to bet she has wormed her way into his heart before she meets her new Mommy! :D

hazelrunpack
September 2nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
Where are they meeting up, Winston?

Winston
September 2nd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Well I am not exactly sure of the time and I really suck at geography! but I think Shirley said 8 or 9 hours to the meet up and then 11 to her new home? gosh that cant be right?

MBIE lives in Missouri I think? and they were meeting up in Cincinatti??

All I really know is soon! :D My partner in crime Sylvie took care of all the important details..you never know what I could remember? I could have told Shhirley she was headed to yuor house for all I know??? just kiddin! you probably wouldnt notice her she is such a sweet thing! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
September 2nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
Depending on where in MO, yes it could take 11 hours from Cincinnati. One thing I remember about OH is that no matter which direction you try to drive through it, it seems to go on forever! :laughing:

Bottom line, though, we're going to have to wait quite a while for another update, eh? :o darn

shirley1011
September 2nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
We delivered Shasta around 2 just north of Cincinnatti. MBIE and hubby were both there with their dog. Shasta was an angel all the way there slept on her blanket and snoozed in my lap for a few hours.
I know she has found a wonderful home! Thanks to all who help make this happen for Shasta.

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
wooooohooooo !!!!

this is too cewl !!! :thumbs up

SIL
September 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
I love happy endings...to all those involved :highfive: :grouphug:

You guys are amazing!!! :angel: :)

aslan
September 2nd, 2009, 09:29 PM
Shirley you so totally rock for taking Shasta to meet her new family..Winston and Sylvie thanks for saving this poor girl..MBIE thanks to you and dh for taking Shasta in sight unseen and giving her a home to live out the rest of her days.:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
September 2nd, 2009, 09:40 PM
:highfive: How totally cool! :cloud9:

Can't wait to see pics of Shasta with her new family in her new home! :goodvibes:

14+kitties
September 2nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
:thumbs up:highfive::cry::grouphug: to every single last person involved! You all totally rock!! Shasta can now live the rest of her life knowing she is very much loved! :cloud9:

Winston
September 2nd, 2009, 10:43 PM
Awe Shirley thanks so much for helping Shasta! I am glad she was a good girl! No problems crossing the border I guess!

I love the fact you were able to take a picture of her and her new friend!

God I so love happy endings!

Now on to part 3 of her Journey....the long ride home!

Woo hoo this totally made my day....:thumbs up

shirley1011
September 3rd, 2009, 06:27 AM
No problem at all at the border...she was asleep on her blanket and they didn't ask for anything!

mollywog
September 3rd, 2009, 06:31 AM
YAY!!!! This made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Shasta and her new bro/sis will be great friends before too long I am sure!!! :cloud9::lovestruck: congrats on the new addition, MBIE, and THANK YOU!!!:goodvibes::highfive:

shirley1011
September 3rd, 2009, 07:16 AM
Shasta was staying with MBIE in Cincinatti overnite...I worry she is just so confused but she seemed very content and I know she will have a great home.

chico2
September 3rd, 2009, 07:23 AM
I am getting goose-bumps and happy-tears,looking at Shasta,knowing she will have a great rest of her life.
You girls are best:grouphug:

Chris21711
September 3rd, 2009, 08:37 AM
Fantastic news :thumbs up - Shasta looks totally calm and happy, completely unphased by the events of the last few days.

To everybody involved in her rescue, a huge thankyou for going that extra mile, it is people like yourselves that make a difference in this world.

ancientgirl
September 3rd, 2009, 08:47 AM
What a great story. Shasta is just gorgeous.

Love4himies
September 3rd, 2009, 08:50 AM
The people on this forum are just so darn wonderful :angel:. I am soooooo happy for Shasta :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Winston
September 3rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Oh I am so happy for her! Looks like her and her brother or sister are getting along okay! :thumbs up I am not surprised though cause she was the sweetest little darling! I imagine she is pretty tired from travelling and will take a few days getting adjusted!

Cant wait for updates from MBIE and her DH!!!

Dog Dancer
September 3rd, 2009, 10:11 AM
What a wonderful story and great journey. The happy happy ending will come when the entire family is back home again safely and settling in. I would imagine it will take a few days or weeks for Shasta to settle completely, but she really does look content and unphased by it all. :grouphug: to all of you who made this happen for this sweet girl. MBIE you and your DH are truly earth angels for helping this senior pup and giving her a happily ever after.:angel2:

Sylvie
September 3rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
You are so right Dog Dancer, I can't thank MBIE and DH for making a room in their home and hearts for Shasta.

The people on this site are awsome :thumbs up

MommaKat
September 3rd, 2009, 05:29 PM
I love Happy (or soon to-be Happy) endings. Shasta is so pretty and she looks like she has many happy golden years ahead of her :grouphug: This site is really amazing, MBIE congrats again on your new addition :goodvibes: :highfive: .

Winston
October 1st, 2009, 08:51 PM
MBIE hows everything going? Any new pics of Shasta and her new family?

Hope everything is going good! :thumbs up