Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Japanese Chin

Golden Girls
August 27th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Think I just adopted a Chin yesterday :D I was helping a rescue transport to vet ... and umm fell in love :shrug:

He's 11 weeks and sooooooooo cute. Took pictures but cannot resize for some reason :yell:

He had his vacc, clean bill of health but I had to board him overnight to get fecal samples done. Anxiously waiting for vet to call

:pray: Brandi will like him

Winston
August 27th, 2009, 07:59 AM
:GG Congrats to you! Gotta ask what the heck is a Chin? :thumbs up

Melinda
August 27th, 2009, 08:28 AM
they are a dainty little cutie dog *L* small snout, long legs, long hair, sort of like a taller long haired chi, Congrats GG *huggers* I'm an "aunty" again!! *LOL*

happycats
August 27th, 2009, 09:25 AM
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

Hurry with the pictures already!!! I wanna see your little Chin, and Brandi with the new furbrother :)

mollywog
August 27th, 2009, 09:54 AM
LOL I like how you said you think you adopted him!!!

Let's see some pictures of the cutie, enough of this teasing us! :laughing:

ancientgirl
August 27th, 2009, 10:39 AM
OMG those little ones are so cute. I've seen them before, but I didn't know exactly what breed they were. I found this photo of a little puppy.:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
August 27th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Congrats on the new addition, GG! Chins are darling! Great personalities, too! :D

Melinda
August 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM
oh yeah, P.S. when you sleep over next month bratface DO NOT BRING that pup near my daughter *LOL* you hear me?????? or be prepared to leave without him *L*:crazy:

breeze
August 27th, 2009, 01:36 PM
so where are the pictures????

oops forgot to say ( cause I was looking for pictures)

congrats on your new addition GG

BenMax
August 27th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Congrats on your new addition! Yep - must see pictures.:thumbs up

chico2
August 27th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Aww GG,this little thing could not get a better home,I hope you get the pup:fingerscr
I have never heard of a Chin,so of course lots of pics are needed to educate me.
I am sure Brandi will love him:lovestruck:

cpietra16
August 27th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Oh lets face it, GG...the minute anyone says the word "dog", "rescue", "help"..you fall in love...I've seen it happen with you. Congratulations girl. A visit is in order, of course:D

Shaykeija
August 28th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Oh no a transport failure....:laughing: Lucky "you" got adopted.

Golden Girls
August 28th, 2009, 09:05 AM
The breeds proper name is Japanese Spaniel. Thanks for posting that photo AG - it's exactly what he looks like. I too Chico never heard of a Chin and had to look it up, thought it was a X with another

As we were waiting for the vet, he was sitting on my lap and leaned back and stared at me upside down for what seem like 4-ever. So technically it was him who adopted me :D

Again waiting on the vet, as of dinner time yesterday he still hadn't went,
hopefully I'll hear from them soon :fingerscr

CPietra of course we'll visit :D

Melinda JC (his name right now) doesn't resemble a Corgi in any way (Grama's choice for DD & nephew lol) safe right :cool: Can't wait to meet you & Brina, Jenn (Syndey/Spencer) and Kandy :2huggers:

Transfer failure :laughing: thanks ladies I'll try and post some photo's later.

Melinda
August 28th, 2009, 09:26 AM
*L* you mean grandson

Golden Girls
August 28th, 2009, 09:37 AM
oooops LMAO meant to say grandson :o

Golden Girls
August 28th, 2009, 03:42 PM
:sad: He's got Coccidiosis :sad: Diarrhea - must be quaranteened for 7 days

For members who don't know it's a parasite in the intestines. Only puppies get this and usually the Mom will shed the cysts in their fecus but them themselves have a natural immunity to the effects. Older dogs can get it if their immunity is low. Many shelters and puppy mills have this problem

The good news is he's at a foster's home rather then all alone in boarding :shrug: he's happily running around playing with toys, he'll be loved

BenMax
August 28th, 2009, 03:44 PM
:sad: He's got Coccidiosis :sad: Diarrhea - must be quaranteened for 7 days

For members who don't know it's a parasite in the intestines. Only puppies get this and usually the Mom will shed the cysts in their fecus but them themselves have a natural immunity to the effects. Older dogs can get it if their immunity is low. Many shelters and puppy mills have this problem

The good news is he's at a foster's home rather then all alone in boarding :shrug: he's happily running around playing with toys, he'll be loved

Same old, same old. I think every dog I have taken had this or giardia. No worries though GG - she will be in your arms very soon. It's no biggie!

Hang in there and start counting your calender days...I am very excited for you.:thumbs up

Golden Girls
August 28th, 2009, 03:57 PM
ya I'm so discouraged but thanks BenMax He's on antibiotics, good food, loving environment I should be happy that's all he's got. He's probably going to want to stay at the foster home :sad: I'm horrible :laughing:

14+kitties
August 28th, 2009, 04:27 PM
:thumbs up:grouphug::cry: :highfive: I am so happy for your Golden Girls. I can't think of a better reason than that to be a transfer failure. :cloud9:

Golden Girls
September 9th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Well here's the little bugger, I've named him Sushi :cloud9: Brandi's face shows just how impressed she is as in you got to be kidding :laughing:

He hasn't left her alone humps stuffies, her tail the chair, TONS of character :) I have never crate trained before so I'm hoping his little face doesn't win me over as he cries when I put him in. He'll be 3 months on the 12th.

Melinda
September 9th, 2009, 07:04 AM
oh he is gorgeous *L* a bundle of energy huh? I love the look on poor brandi's face *L* priceless

ancientgirl
September 9th, 2009, 07:12 AM
He's absolutely adorable! I love his name.

Brandi looks like she's saying "What did I do to deserve this?":laughing:

chico2
September 9th, 2009, 07:28 AM
OMG Brandi,I am sooo sorry,I know you expected a DOG,not that little living chew-toy:laughing:
Too cute:lovestruck:be careful so you don't step on him:laughing:

Golden Girls
September 9th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Exactly AG :laughing: Melinda a bundle of energy is an UNDERSTATEMENT, this thing is quick!

He's on puppy Orijen but I was told it's too dry alone so I've been mixing wet Wellness (Orijen doesn't have canned) Is this true or can I give the kibble alone?

Melinda
September 10th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I always mixed brina's kibble with canned at that age then gradually went to straight kibble, she gets a can now and then as a treat but never alone, mixed with her food, and the yogurt mind you. so how is toilet training going?

BenMax
September 10th, 2009, 10:29 AM
GG - this pup is absolutely delightful.:lovestruck:. You are an amazing mom and I cannot think of a better home.

happycats
September 11th, 2009, 09:34 AM
OMG Sushi is sooooo freakin cute!! :lovestruck:More pics for sure!!!

Poor Brandi, (can you take that thing back to where ever you got it) look :)

Golden Girls
September 11th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks Melinda re canned info. Potty training has been going very well - only one accident so far (floor) but it was I who didn't have his time down pat yet. In his crate he'll whine, I'll take him directly out back he pees/poos he's as smart as he is cute :cloud9:

Today he learned how to get up the back stairs, I'm still puzzled as their firestairs (metal with huge space) but he is one determined bugger. He's afraid to go down though so for Brandi it's good she can lay in the grass outback peacefully. He sits on the balcony and cries cuz he wants to be near her. She's still reserved but is relaxing a little more.

Chico I haven't allowed them alone unsupervised so there is no fear she'll squish him. Actually, I fear for her he's a terror :laughing: She let's him do whatever he wants. Finally the other night I let her out on back balcony with a beef bone and forgot about that and opened the door .. wow Sushi went straight for the bone she let out a big warning bark - since then he's been watching his manners by quietly approaching her 1st to see if it's safe, quick learner :thumbs up It's been semi pleasant since :)

Thanks BenMax that's very nice of you to say

What a learning exhausting but fun experience this has been

HappyCats thank you, I'll try & get some photo's over the weekend!

BenMax
September 11th, 2009, 02:55 PM
It's true GG. You have taken such great care of your babes past and present. This is one very lucky pup.

chico2
September 11th, 2009, 03:41 PM
GG,I think this is your first tiny pup,right??
A whole new experience,I am sure...but OMG is he cute:lovestruck:

14+kitties
September 11th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Oh my G!!!!!!!!! He is soo cute!!! :cloud9: Poor Brandi. The look on her face is so sweet. You can tell she is thinking take this thing back where you got it from please!!! I'm sure she will come to love Sushi.
:grouphug: to you GG for being a big softie!!! :highfive:

kandy
September 15th, 2009, 01:52 PM
What an absolute doll!!!!!! He's soooooo cute!!!!!!! I loved the description of the 'upside down' stare - my son's SharPei does that and it's just too funny!!!!

I'm sure Brandi is thinking this is some twisted joke, but she'll come around.

And as the house guest, I say bring the little cutie. We'll hide him when Melinda's daughter is around. LOL

Melinda
September 15th, 2009, 03:32 PM
*L* Kandy, my daughter can sniff out a pup from a hundred yards......*thinking of making Kandy AND Goldengirl sleep in the basement dungeon*