Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Count down is on

NoahGrey
August 25th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Hey,

Well the count down is on and I couldn't be more super excited. I have switched colleges and will be going to Sault College, in Sault Ste Marie. Better program and a lovely nice 7-9 hour drive *lol*

Not taking much, just loading the car up as much as possible and going. Have a very nice basement apartment waiting up there for me.

My kitty is coming with me. This will be a far trek for her and am worried about her bring in a carrier for nine hours. I am going to buy a carrier that will fit her comfortable and also will fit a litter box. Although I am thinking that she will be too stressed to use the litter, but just in case.

My mom and step dad are driving me up.

Anyone from the Soo here. What are the parts to stay away from*lol* any bad or shady neighbourhoods. Never been to the Soo..but hear and see that it is a gorgous place.

ACO22

Love4himies
August 25th, 2009, 10:05 AM
How exciting, I thought you were going to Peterborough?

Love4himies
August 25th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Your kitty will be just fine. When we travel across Canada we drive from SSM to Kingston with the cats without any problems. And you are right, when they are stressed they don't go to the bathroom.

NoahGrey
August 25th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Hey,

I was going to go to Lindsay. However, Sault has the best program for what I am taking. Sault was my first choice, but had people discouraging me because of the distance. So I changed and switched to Fleming...then thought more about it and really it shouldn't be about the distance, but what has the better program and sault College as it...so now I am back to the college that I wanted to go too...sorry I know confusing.

Word to the wise, don't let people discourage you in the first place.

ACO22

hazelrunpack
August 25th, 2009, 02:31 PM
How exciting! You'll actually be closer to here than to home! :laughing: I've only been to Sault Ste Marie twice, though...don't know the city at all, I'm afraid. :o

Good that you finally followed your heart! :thumbs up

How long will it take you to finish?

NoahGrey
August 25th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I am talking the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Technician program, which is 2 years.

ACO22

BenMax
August 25th, 2009, 03:45 PM
You go GIRL!! Congrats! Some fabulous doors will be opened to you. I am very proud of you ACO22! You are a doer.:thumbs up

chico2
August 25th, 2009, 03:56 PM
ACO,I will miss knowing someone at OHS and i am sure they'll miss you,you are a very compassionate young lady.
Thank's for helping me with the stray kitty and the Squirrel-babies.
Still,I am really happy for you,I am sure you'll love it there:thumbs up

NoahGrey
August 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks guys. I will miss the Animal Control field immensley. I hope that I can fill their summer position still, when I am on summer break.

My last day at work was yesterday. I move from my apartment this weekend, then move to the Soo on the 4th. Will be at moms for the week before I head off.

I have to say it hasn't hit me it really...not until I am in the car driving there can I relax *lol*

Maybe I can get a part time job in the HS of Sault Ste Marie in their animal control depart during school?

ACO22

onster
August 25th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Aco22....best of luck and congrats!!

I'm sure you'll do amazingly well :goodvibes:

chico2
August 26th, 2009, 07:47 AM
ACO,please stay in touch if you can:grouphug:

NoahGrey
August 27th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Chico I will.

So it was a close call last night. I had moved some stuff to my moms during the day, from my place here. then she drove me back (i am not taking my car) We went out to eat and I mentioned that I have not heard anything from the guy that I am renting his basement apartment from...even after emailing him twice and still waiting to hear from him.

I get back home and check the forum that we were talking on. He sent me a message stating that he was moving down south and that I couldn't rent his place.

I got on the phone for 2 hours trying to find a new place. I found one. A bachelor apartment, in a apartment building on the second floor. cheap too. I was soooo happy that I found this place. Plus it is on 6 blocks from school

whew that was close...but I am even happier with my new place, then the basement that I was going to be taking and it is even cheaper.

ACO22

hazelrunpack
August 27th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Whoa! :eek: Talk about last minute panic!! Glad to hear it all worked out so well, though. Amazing that there was still something open that close to school so late in the summer! Someone's looking out for you, ACO22! :D

pbpatti
August 27th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I always say that when one door closes another one opens. Good for you to find something on such short notice. Good luck with your classes.

NoahGrey
August 27th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah *lol* I know.. I was a pissed when I read his email. I was like, as if you didn't know about a month ago. But I am happy with my bachelor. It will be quiet, won't have to listen to above noise coming from upstairs.

I am excited to move to the bachelor, wherea's the basement was yeah, it's a place. I am going on 3 days of packing, taking stuff to moms, staying their for a week (I have to be out of my apartment by the 1st, so my dad is moving me on the weekend, then moving on the 4th.

ACO22

mollywog
August 27th, 2009, 12:36 PM
best of luck to you. It's always exciting, moving to a new city, not to mention starting out a new program at school!
my best friend lives in the Soo, she is a teacher there. She likes it, and I visit her whenever I am driving to London to visit family. It's a good half-way point for me!! I don't know much about the city, but I am sure you will figure it out pretty quickly! :highfive:

dogcatharmony
August 27th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Hey welcome to Sault Ste Marie!!! You're in my hometown! If you need any help finding anything let me know, I am out and about most days. I could show you around a bit if you would like.

NoahGrey
September 1st, 2009, 04:31 PM
Well, I am moving to the Soo on the 4th:) Yayyy.

Super excited. Hey dogcatharmony..did you get my pm's?

ACO22

Love4himies
September 1st, 2009, 04:39 PM
Oh, that is not too far off. How is your mom feeling?

NoahGrey
September 2nd, 2009, 06:21 AM
mom is fine. She and step-dad are driving me up there.

ACO22

dogcatharmony
September 2nd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Getting closer to the day......are you ready??

I got 2 of your messages, did you send any others?

NoahGrey
September 2nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Hey dogcatharmony,

*lol* yes and I am super excited. Just don't want kitty to be too stressed. I bought a bigger carrier for her. One that fits a litter box. But what I will do, is that every 1 or 2 I will put the litter into her carrier and leave it in there for a hour or 2 then take it out and then do it again and so on. This will give her more room to be comfortable and relax.

cool..i only sent you too. Oh did you happen to get the name of that furniture store?

thanks