Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Maybe Pregnant.. When can you tell?

ladyjett
August 24th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Hi :)

I havent been on in a bit hope everyone and there furry ones are good! I have 2 min pins, and I am disheartened to think my little Tsuki may be expecting, the deed happened about 2 - 3 weeks ago, is there any early signs? please do not jump on me for not having my dogs fixed "sigh" there are reasons as well as my ignorance with female dogs....these are my very first dogs,,,,

Thanks for reading and hopefully helping :pray:

14+kitties
August 24th, 2009, 06:50 PM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=59820

onster
August 24th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I honestly have no clue but Im sure some members may know.

What I can suggest is taking her to the vet..if it's only 2-3 weeks long, I'm sure they can schedule her in for a spay/termination of the pregnancy. How old is the maybe mama to be? Aside from moral/ethical reasons for not having puppies, which I sure you are aware of, I would very strongly suggest not to allow for the pregnancy to continue since as you said these are your first dogs and you have no experience. Birthing can have many complications.

very cute dogs.

ladyjett
August 24th, 2009, 06:54 PM
' shakes her head ' thanks

onster
August 24th, 2009, 06:58 PM
ladyjet, im not sure what kind of response you were expecting :shrug:

Even if someone told u the signs, and u didnt see any of them in ure pup, she could still be pregnant. SO either way, since youre in doubt..you would have to go to the vet. So..you might as well go to the vet?

14+'s thread is an amazing one with lots of info. I would read through it before you go the vet so that if she indeed does turn out to be pregnant, you can make the right decision :grouphug:

ladyjett
August 24th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I totally agree, if she is we will not be having puppys.... she is scheduled to get fixed in 3 weeks, was just asking if maybe there where any early signs,, she has been acting funny so I was just wondering if maybe that had something to do with it...

thanks for your help,,,, I will call the vet again in the morning and ask her if there is anything to look for :)

have a great night,,, again this site is always a great help

onster
August 24th, 2009, 07:02 PM
im very happy to hear that she is scheduled to be fixed. Sounds like youre def on the right track :) Sorry didnt mean to jump ahead with pushing for the vet but didnt know u were already scheduled.

Lets hope she's not pregant :fingerscr and hopefully u can get an earlier apptment with ure vet. If not im sure they can give you options over the phone. Ask if they will spay if the mom is 5 weeks along. If not, then maybe try to find another good vet in the area who will give an earlier appt?

mollywog
August 24th, 2009, 07:05 PM
ladyjett, what are your reasons for not having your pets spayed / neutered??
I really hope you take this advice to heart. Did your two MinPins "mate" or was it a different unaltered male that you allowed to be around your female when she was in heat??

ladyjett
August 24th, 2009, 07:05 PM
sorry about the confusion on my second post onster.... shaking my head because the first 2 paragraphs of the link that I am thankful was shown to me.....made feel so bad and hit home at the great care and responsibility you need to have when you own pets... I feel ashamed so that was not ment for anyone but was aimed at myself...

again thanks for all the help,,,, I shall let you know the outcome :thumbs up

onster
August 24th, 2009, 07:07 PM
oh ok :o me jumping to conclusions again. Sorry..though u were shaking ure head at 14+ :o

the gang
August 24th, 2009, 07:13 PM
im brenda with 5 min pins, you could start with a ultra sound at the vets!! your pins are beautiful let me know if i can help!! brenda and the gang

ladyjett
August 24th, 2009, 07:15 PM
It was a family members min pin who got to her, we went on vacation and while we where gone she had her first heat,,, she is only 10months old,,, I was told not to get her fixed until after her first heat,,, not thinking while we where gone it would happen but isnt that how life hits yah ;)

so the reason her appointment is in 3 weeks is because our fmily member just decided to reveal what happened 4 days ago... I guess she wasnt going to tell us ... I dont know what to say about what or why she was not forthcoming,,,, her appointment is on Sept13 and thats the earliest she can get in...

I really have to run,,,,, again thank you for taking the time to read and give thoughtful informative replys :)

aslan
August 24th, 2009, 07:16 PM
you may want to see if you can get your little girl in sooner to be spayed. A dogs gestation period is usually 63 days, so if she is possibly 3 weeks pregnant, then wait another 3 weeks to spay her is pushing it pretty close to being due.

babymomma
August 24th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I`ll Pm you another forum to go to. It has breeders on it that will help. And other experianced members ..

aslan
August 24th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I`ll Pm you another forum to go to. It has breeders on it that will help. And other experianced members ..

this implies that we were not helpful, nor experienced. The OP was given very good, polite information thank you very much.

babymomma
August 24th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Well thats not how I meant it. But you can go ahead and think what you want. I was implying that they have experianced breeders.. Any of you experianced breeders? Please, Enlighten me if you are.

aslan
August 24th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Well thats not how I meant it. But you can go ahead and think what you want. I was implying that they have experianced breeders.. Any of you experianced breeders? Please, Enlighten me if you are.

Actually yes there are experienced breeders on here.Also many of us have dealt with dogs delivering puppies in crisis. And i'm kinda curious as to why you are being so rude.?

14+kitties
August 24th, 2009, 07:26 PM

I did what we have talked about doing quite some time ago which was to post the thread that was started for breeding. It was done nicely and has a ton of info in it. As ladyjett is doing the responsible thing and getting her little girl fixed there is no need for her to go to a "breeders site". :thumbs up

babymomma
August 24th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Im not intentionally being rude.. Although you cam off as rude to me, maybe you didnt mean it either? .. Im just saying, Sometimes they wont E-spay after a while and if she needed help she could get alot over there.. Why couldnt she be on both and get 2 sets of info? Do you have something agaist her going to another forum for help too? I dont get it.

babymomma
August 24th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I did what we have talked about doing quite some time ago which was to post the thread that was started for breeding. It was done nicely and has a ton of info in it. As ladyjett is doing the responsible thing and getting her little girl fixed there is no need for her to go to a "breeders site". :thumbs up

But you see it isnt a breeder site.. Its a site with breeders and nobody that is against s/n.. Dont know why you think that. I only said there were alot of breeders on there.. And whats so bad about there being breeders? And tonns of rescuers too? Please, Explain.

aslan
August 24th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I agree 14+, you did exactly what everyone agreed we would do.

No Babymomma, i don't have a problem with anyone going to another site for information. But the OP already said she didn't want the dog to have puppies. That isn't the information she came here for. We gave her the information she asked for that was in the best health for the dog. A ten month old doesn't need to be having puppies.

babymomma
August 24th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I know she doesnt WANT the dog to have puppies.. But would it be horrible of her to be prepared for the unexpected.. She cant get her dog spayed sooner, and Some vets, maybe Including hers where there is a waiting list for, migt not do it. So shouldnt she be prepared JUST IN CASE? or should she just sit down, clueless as to what to do for her dog when/if it goes into labor?

Bailey_
August 24th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I personally think it's important to have as much information as possible, other websites or forums included, with whatever situation we may be facing with our pets.

I don't think arguing about whether or not Babymomma should've linked to another site is really realitive in this situation. Shouldn't we leave that up to the OP?...:shrug:

Ladyjett, keep us posted as to your females condition. Hopefully she's not pregnant...she's just too young!!

aslan
August 24th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I agree 100% Bailey, the OP does need all the info she can get. I didn't say she shouldn't, nor did i say that she shouldn't go to another site. What i said was the way bm posted came across that we weren't helpful to the OP and that we were rude.

BenMax
August 24th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I believe she stated that she was going to have her dog spayed so it should just remain as such. A site where there are breeders will possibly deter her from doing so and then there will be more pups in this world. Also, someone may 'offer' to take her dog knowing very well that they could possibly profit from her as well as her dog.

If someone is being responsible as the OP is taking this seriously, why not just leave it at that?:shrug:

To the OP: Please take it from me as I have gone through alot of misery dealing with a pregnant dog just a few days ago - go to the vet and get her spayed ASAP. You will not regret it and she will be safe and not have to go through misery.

Best of luck to you and I wish your lovely girl the best! (PS - I too have a min pin:cloud9:)

babymomma
August 24th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I believe she stated that she was going to have her dog spayed so it should just remain as such. A site where there are breeders will possibly deter her from doing so and then there will be more pups in this world. Also, someone may 'offer' to take her dog knowing very well that they could possibly profit from her as well as her.

wow benmax.. rude much? you dont know these people.. these are REPUTABLE BREEDERS.. Ones that have speant their lives researching these sorts of things. And NOBODY over there would ask her to keep the dog or puppies intact if she has a choice because they are RESPONSIBLE..

wow, didnt know everybody was this closed minded. Take that as rude if you'd like.. But its true.

BenMax
August 24th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Babymomma - it was not meant as being rude. It's a statement.

Sorry you are sensitive today.

Anyways, it is what I believe. No one has to agree but after what I went through I think that it so important to do what you can to spay and neuter. I cannot tell you Babymomma the stress of having a pregnant dog with no experience whatsoever. My naivite could have caused the death of my dog.

So don't get things out of context. No one thus far has been rude.

marko
August 24th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Here's an article on Pregnancy signs in dogs.
http://www.pets.ca/articles/article-dogpregnant.htm
This thread will now be closed. Thx - Marko

marko
August 24th, 2009, 08:38 PM
All the OP wanted was pregnancy signs in dogs and we have an article that covers that. Her question was never directly answered. Most members are pro spay neuter, but not all.

....it is at this point that I remind members of the ignore list which is used so that you won't see posts or get Pms from members that rub you the wrong way. It can be used for as long as you like it and can be accessed from USER CP.

thanks - Marko