Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I put my marriage on the line!!!!

maneater
August 24th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Well I went to the mall today and the local animal resccue that I have adopted from before had a display set up. They had the most adorable male adult orange tabby and I just had to have him. So I filled out the adoption papers and went home and told my hubby and told him to be home aroud 5 because I was having a special delivery dropped off. I was told if i brought home any more animals that i would be divorced. LOL Well he instantly fell in love with the cat and we are still happily married!!! I will post pics soon as he gets comfortable enough to come around.

ancientgirl
August 24th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Oh, I can't wait to see pictures. I've got an orange guy myself.

Tundra_Queen
August 25th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Well I went to the mall today and the local animal resccue that I have adopted from before had a display set up. They had the most adorable male adult orange tabby and I just had to have him. So I filled out the adoption papers and went home and told my hubby and told him to be home aroud 5 because I was having a special delivery dropped off. I was told if i brought home any more animals that i would be divorced. LOL Well he instantly fell in love with the cat and we are still happily married!!! I will post pics soon as he gets comfortable enough to come around.

Yeahhhh another kitty has a forever home!! That is great and it's good u still have your hubby too! LOL

Debbie

Love4himies
August 25th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Wahoo, another kitty finding their forever home. Can't wait for the pics.

Sounds like you have a hubby like mine, all talk and no action :laughing:

chico2
August 25th, 2009, 07:52 AM
That's great and hopefully we'll see the beauty soon:cat:
It's easy for hubbies to say no,when they don't see the animal,but once you bring it home,hubbies are usually sold:lovestruck:

mollywog
August 25th, 2009, 08:42 AM
whoa woman! Now that's brave!!! Glad to hear it all worked out in the end :D Can't wait to see pics of the little guy- what did you name him? My childhood cat was orange... we named him Pumpkin! :cat:

14+kitties
August 25th, 2009, 10:09 AM
:thumbs up to you for adopting an adult cat. Great that hubby turned around so fast. :D

Bina
August 25th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I can't even count the number of pets that I have "sneaked" into the house.
Hubby worked night shift for many yrs, so when he slept during the day I would just bring in a new rescue. We had a hedgehog in a kennel cab in the family room for a couple of days before hubby noticed. The first chinchilla was real easy....hubby started to complain, then within 10 minutes he was stroking and petting the chilla. Fifteen years later we still have that first chilla and it is totally my husband's baby.
Isn't life funny?
Oh ya, when my chocolate Labrador arrived one day, I told hubby it was a foster. Years later with the dog on his lap, he was still asking me "when is this dog going home?"
Wink wink. :)

hazelrunpack
August 25th, 2009, 10:44 AM
:laughing: I can't believe it took him that long to notice a hedgehog, Bina! :D

Nice technique, maneater! :thumbs up And congratulations on the new addition! :highfive:

Can't wait for the pics! What's the new guy's name?

maneater
August 26th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Sorry for the leg in pictures. *it should be a crime* We named him kit kat. My youngest son cant say kitty cat yet and it comes out kit kat so we just kept it. He is very very loving and once he got use to 2 overly hyper chi's and 2 other very playfull cats and a 6 year old and a 21 month old he is loving it. Likes the fish tanks! From my understanding kit kat came from a home were an elderly lady lived by herself and she fell very ill. My husband thinks that I am going to be a crazy cat lady I warned him from day one that I was an "animal lover" I just don't think he knew what he was getting into.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg269/maneater2008/kitty.jpg

hazelrunpack
August 26th, 2009, 08:25 PM
He's sitting there so properly. :D On his best behavior because he is, after all, being recorded! :laughing:

Kit Kat is very handsome! What is he watching so intently?

maneater
August 26th, 2009, 08:46 PM
He is sitting at the bottom of my basement stairs watching my other cats fight on the stairs LOL. I think he wants to play but personally it seems like all my animals are spun. He is the only "normal" cat i have owned. My other two will like run around the house in circles, jump on the couch to the windowsill, up and down the stairs, throw the pillows on the floor drag socks around the house I could go on forever LOL. Oh and one sleeps in the bathtub. Some days they are worse then the kids LOL.

14+kitties
August 26th, 2009, 10:06 PM
What a very handsome fella. You are extremely lucky he settled in so quickly with your gang. :thumbs up :cloud9:

Chaser
August 26th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Very handsome :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
August 27th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Sorry for the leg in pictures. *it should be a crime* We named him kit kat. My youngest son cant say kitty cat yet and it comes out kit kat so we just kept it. He is very very loving and once he got use to 2 overly hyper chi's and 2 other very playfull cats and a 6 year old and a 21 month old he is loving it. Likes the fish tanks! From my understanding kit kat came from a home were an elderly lady lived by herself and she fell very ill. My husband thinks that I am going to be a crazy cat lady I warned him from day one that I was an "animal lover" I just don't think he knew what he was getting into.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg269/maneater2008/kitty.jpg

Tell hubs we are not crazy cat ladies,,, we are Cat Hobbyiests! :laughing:

And kit kat is very pretty!

Debbie

Love4himies
August 27th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Cat hobbiest :laughing::laughing:, love it.

I bet in no time, your resident kitties will be "training" kit kat how to be one of your :crazy: cats so he fits in :laughing:

chico2
August 27th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Aww Maneater,Kit-Kat is such a beautiful boy:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
August 27th, 2009, 07:23 AM
He's such a handsome boy!:lovestruck: He looks like my little Maks.