Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Get the tissues ready

babymomma
August 23rd, 2009, 12:12 AM
This is a touching story. Please read to the very bottom, otherwise its pointless. This might be my favorite so far. Although is saddened me.

http://www.waycooldogs.com/the-rescued-lab-and-his-tennis-balls/

Marcha
August 23rd, 2009, 12:52 AM
Whoa.
That was quite something!

diandpat
August 23rd, 2009, 01:46 AM
Being an animal lover I have received this email many time in the last while so I did some checking...

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/reggie.asp

It is probably not a true story :confused:

Akira
August 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
It said at the bottom of the link that it's fictional. Regardless it's a great story that made me cry with a smile along with a few chuckles.

Thanks for posting that story babymomma

joeysmama
August 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Well I'm glad it's fictional but I cried anyway. I'm sure that there's a true story out there that's almost identical.

Once I was in Philadelphia to see a friend who was appearing in a play there. It was a bitter cold night in February. When we came out of the theatre there was a young couple with two medium to large dogs huddled under a couple blankets on the sidewalk. They were homeless but they were clean and well groomed and well spoken. The homelessness was a temporary thing. They couldn't keep the apt. they had and they couldn't find anything in their price that would let them keep the dogs. Someone said that they should go to a shelter. Because of the extreme cold I think the city had some emergency shelters. They said they couldn't go because they couldn't take the dogs and they couldn't bear to give them up.

I gave them $20.00 which was all I had on me and they were so grateful that it just about broke my heart. To this day that night is one of my regrets. I should have taken the dogs home with me and promised to keep them safe until they could claim them again. That nags at me because that was the right thing to do and I didn't think to do it until it was too late. :sad:

Akira
August 31st, 2009, 03:33 PM
You did the right thing joeysmamma, it sounds like they loved their dogs very much and probably wouldn't have given them up to a stranger in hopes they would be safe. It's a sad story, but touching that they loved them so much that they put the dogs before themselves.