Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A few mor flowers

Tundra_Queen
August 22nd, 2009, 12:03 AM
Hi
My daylies have started to bloom. I wish they would last longer though.

Debbie

Tundra_Queen
August 22nd, 2009, 12:07 AM
Purple phlox, I love the smell of phlox.

And my water lily. *S*

Debbie

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2009, 10:02 AM
Gorgeous! :cloud9: I love the water lily especially--I didn't know you had a pond! How come we don't have more pics of it? :frustrated: :p

mollywog
August 22nd, 2009, 10:13 AM
wow, I love them all! I have some Phlox blooming right now too, I didn't realize it smells... I will have to run out there and give it a sniff!
How long do your daylilies bloom for? I have some about to open up pretty darn soon, can't wait to see what colour they will be!

CearaQC
August 22nd, 2009, 11:18 AM
Molly Daylily flowers are open for 1 day, give or take a few hours. :laughing: They last depending on how many buds are on the plant. But they multiply pretty quickly within a few years and have to be separated.

Yes tall Phlox is scented. I have some of the white ones. They are usually named "David." I started root cuttings last week of my white ones. There are 9 root sections in a propagation tray right now. Hope it works! I'd love to get some other colors.

I :lovestruck: the bi color daylily. Wanna trade a fan of my "Destined to See" for a fan of yours?:laughing:

14+kitties
August 22nd, 2009, 11:59 AM
Beautiful!! I love all the lilies. And your purple flocks are really nice. I have white ones myself. :thumbs up

chico2
August 22nd, 2009, 04:47 PM
TQ,you get to enjoy the Lillies now,while ours are all gone,they are just beautiful.
Love the Water Lily,WOW!!

Tundra_Queen
August 23rd, 2009, 04:50 AM
Gorgeous! :cloud9: I love the water lily especially--I didn't know you had a pond! How come we don't have more pics of it? :frustrated: :p
It's just a tiny pond and it was sort of over run with duckweed so I didn't take many pics of it. I took 1 pic of it, but I never said it was the pond. It's not fancy like Ceara. My son and I just dug it in the corner of the garden when he was about 9 or 10 as he wanted a pond. LOL

wow, I love them all! I have some Phlox blooming right now too, I didn't realize it smells... I will have to run out there and give it a sniff!
How long do your daylilies bloom for? I have some about to open up pretty darn soon, can't wait to see what colour they will be!

Mollywog, When your sniffing that phlox check to make sure there's no bee in it first! :laughing:

The wineberry candy, i think it is, daylily has been blooming for 2 weeks now. I have a fair size clump, so lots of buds waiting to open. The flowering lasts pretty good. *S*

Debbie

Tundra_Queen
August 23rd, 2009, 05:03 AM
hazel, here is a pic of the pond last year before the water lily bloomed.

The pond is only 18" deep in the center and only 4 ' X 6'. We had a little bug/bird bath off the north end of the pond, but it sprung a leak, so just have plants in it now.

Tundra_Queen
August 23rd, 2009, 05:13 AM
Molly Daylily flowers are open for 1 day, give or take a few hours. :laughing: They last depending on how many buds are on the plant. But they multiply pretty quickly within a few years and have to be separated.

Yes tall Phlox is scented. I have some of the white ones. They are usually named "David." I started root cuttings last week of my white ones. There are 9 root sections in a propagation tray right now. Hope it works! I'd love to get some other colors.

I :lovestruck: the bi color daylily. Wanna trade a fan of my "Destined to See" for a fan of yours?:laughing:

No trading for me this year. I have not been well and I would not be able to dig up a daylily, but maybe next year! :)

Beautiful!! I love all the lilies. And your purple flocks are really nice. I have white ones myself. :thumbs up

Thanks 14+ I have thought about ripping up that purple phlox by the pond so I can get AT the pond in that corner, but I just don't have the heart to do it. :)

I do love the smell of them especially when the summer is almost over and it is pretty much the only thing still putting on a great show! (it did go down to 8C here last night!)

TQ,you get to enjoy the Lillies now,while ours are all gone,they are just beautiful.
Love the Water Lily,WOW!!

Thank u. I still wish we had your long gardening season though. Seems like I just get the garden things out and it's time to bring them back inside. Oh wait,,, that does happen! *L*

Debbie