Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost our first dog, sweet Omar

sssarak
August 21st, 2009, 12:24 PM
On Wednesday our 11 month old golden retriever Omar dashed out into the street and was hit by a truck. He died. I can't believe he was taken from us so soon, when we adopted him I thought he would be with us for 10 years or more. Instead, he didn't make it to his first birthday. He was our first dog, he made our family complete.

To make things worse, we just moved to a new city 3 days ago. We were so looking forward to doing all kinds of fun things with Omar but now he's gone.

He was so wonderful, he made every day bright. I miss him so so much. I don't even know what to do.

I think on his birthday we will plant a tree in his memory.

I don't know how to heal, I don't know what to do. He died so suddenly and violently and I miss him so so much.

I miss you Omar, you gave us so much love and happiness during your too short life.

luckypenny
August 21st, 2009, 12:33 PM
Poor Omar :sad:. RIP baby :candle:

marko
August 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM
I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy and i offer you my sincere condolences.:sorry:

:rip: sweet Omar :candle:

Diamondsmum
August 21st, 2009, 01:12 PM
my heartfelt condolences to you guys..
:rip: sweet baby

Sylvie
August 21st, 2009, 04:26 PM
My heart goes out to you. It is not easy.

:rip: Omar

sssarak
August 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM
Does anyone have any advice about how to get over the loss of our wonderful Omar?

His mom is available for adoption, would it be a good idea to think about adopting her? We've decided to wait a month to heal a little and also to think about adopting her. It seems like a nice idea because we have a special connection to her already.

Love4himies
August 21st, 2009, 07:53 PM
Only you will know when the right time is to adopt again.

:rip: Omar. :candle:

the gang
August 21st, 2009, 10:24 PM
im truley sorry, what a shame , you do what is right in your heart, run to the bridge little one, there are friends waiting for you!! :grouphug: brenda and the pins

edwina
August 24th, 2009, 05:43 PM
:rip: Omar :cry:

mandy252
August 25th, 2009, 04:18 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss of Omar...what a beautiful dog!

My thoughts are with you...Im sure he's running around in heaven with my dear Mandy (13.5 yr old yellow lab, lost her a month ago to a brain tumor).

:rip::angel2:

Jenn