Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fresh Green Tripe in Montreal?

Canaan Dog
August 21st, 2009, 07:21 AM
Hi Everyone, i'm trying to find my 19 month old Canaan dog some fresh green tripe in montreal, I haven't had any luck. I fed him canned tripe which he completely loves, but my breeder recommended getting him the fresh stuff.

He's already on a raw diet and a limited vaccination protocol. I live in Vaudreuil and work in St-Leonard.

Thanks

Macomom
August 21st, 2009, 10:01 AM
Hey Canaan,
I am in Ottawa. If I find a source here I will let you know :)
Do you have any pictures of your dog? You should post them.
Cheers,
Joanne

luckypenny
August 21st, 2009, 11:28 AM
I've been searching for the past two years :frustrated:. I was told it's illegal for abbatoirs and meat wholesalers to supply green tripe to the public...whether it's from federal or provincial permit holders. I even found a small abbatoir just minutes form where I live and the owner said that they could be given a hefty fine if they got caught selling it :shrug:.

Perhaps if you can find some local beef farmers they may be willing to sell to you? And if you do, please, please post here. I've been unsuccessful so far.

Macomom
August 21st, 2009, 12:13 PM
I just sent an email to a local beef farm. I will let you know what I find.
Cheers,
Joanne

3GirlsDad
August 24th, 2009, 10:28 AM
MacoMom, Glad to see another DDB owner on here. We have 3 females and have started our search for a male finally. Wish you guys were in the states as I started feeding my girls fesh ground tripe this past spring and have since hooked up with the manufacturer as a distributor. I also feed a product called Performance Dog which is a mixture of tripe, beef trachea, ground bone, vitamin nix and egg. They love it. It took me a long time to find a supplier. keep looking though. Tripe is a wonderful but smelly food for them.:dog:

Macomom
August 24th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Hello,

I found Tripe in Ottawa! I will be getting in from an abatoir (sp?) who works with a local, natural beef farm in the area.
3GirlsDad, we are in love with our DDB. He was a rescue and I think he is my soul mate :) We are convinced our next puppy will be a DDB- we can't get over how loving, calm and graceful these dogs our. Our guy wears a backpack and is carrying weight, we are on our way to a cart!

double_r
September 14th, 2009, 11:16 AM
where in Ottawa can I get green tripe

Macomom
September 14th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Sandy Hill Food Co-op sells canned green tripe.