Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Urgent - Dog - Pebbles (Montreal) only has a few days left

marko
August 20th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I don't do this often but one of the dogs (Pebbles) at the Montreal SPCA only has a few days left before she will be put down.

I walked this dog (female Pit) several times in the past including yesterday, and she is a great, cute and sweet dog. I don't know the history but she was in foster care and the person taking care of her was unable to continue.
She's not great with other dogs. aside from that, she's GREAT!

Here's one pic plus some other pix from the link (provided I believe by the one of the people desperately trying to get her adopted at the Montreal SPCA and the SPCA contact info.

Please pass this to your friends! Here is Pebbles' picture again : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/sapphireluna/j.jpg
Here is contact info http://www.spcamontreal.com/joindre.php?lg=fr
She's really a sweet girl! She does not like other dogs though. Please try to help.

Here is the actual person's email address in charge of Pebbles's case leslie_hausermann@hotmail.fr

Rottielover
August 20th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Bump to top. This dog is a wonderful dog. Love her to pieces, I really hope someone out there can help her, she really deserves a family of her own.

diandpat
August 20th, 2009, 11:00 AM
This just breaks my heart. She has such soulful eyes. :lovestruck:

All the "dog" people I know already have dogs :frustrated:

Good luck Beauty! :fingerscr

babymomma
August 20th, 2009, 02:01 PM
OMG! Breaks my heart:cry:

She looks like a wonderful dog, and VERY pretty..

:fingerscr:fingerscr:goodvibes::goodvibes: For a good Furever home or foster home!

Rottielover
August 20th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Once again bump.... Her time is running out, any kind of word of mouth for this poor girl.

Winston
August 20th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Oh Rottielover I am so hoping someone can come forward. Unfortunately not likely anyone from Ontario due to the laws!

Does anyone know if any other rescue could take her to extend her time? even perhaps transport her to a safer location / city where the laws are not gonna hamper her getting a home?

I am praying for her! :thumbs up

Frenchy
August 20th, 2009, 07:41 PM
She's not great with other dogs. aside from that, she's GREAT!

Does anyone know if any other rescue could take her to extend her time?

Rescues have dogs coming out of their ears. They will certainly not take a dog that is not great with other dogs. All foster families (ok maybe 99% of them) already have dogs in their homes.

VanHull
August 22nd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Pebbles was adopted today!!! She now lives with a dog trainer and another dog (surprise, surprise...a pleasant one, that is :thumbs up)!!!

Frenchy
August 22nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
Pebbles was adopted today!!! She now lives with a dog trainer and another dog (surprise, surprise...a pleasant one, that is :thumbs up)!!!

A dog trainer ? That's a perfect match ! :thumbs up Now be nice with the doggy Pebbles !!! :goodvibes:

Rottielover
August 22nd, 2009, 08:09 PM
OMG tears of Joy are coming from my eyes. I heard before, but was not 100% sure because she was being tested with her dog. I am so glad that it has worked in her favor. And a trainer at that, she could not have asked for a better home. I hope we will be getting updates on her, if so I will be sure to post.

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2009, 08:39 PM
Yay! :highfive: What a great ending to the story!!! :goodvibes:

marko
August 23rd, 2009, 10:11 AM
Yes it IS true - Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Here's an email that I received. :D:D:):):):highfive::highfive::highfive::
----------------------------------------------
Hello team,

I can't wait to tell you that !!!!

Pebbles have been adopted !!!!! She now lives with a dog trainer and another dog !!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you for your help !!!!

Leslie Hausermann
Co-chef d'équipe du PEEC/CTEP co-team leader
Bénévole/volunteer

Tundra_Queen
August 23rd, 2009, 11:16 PM
That is great!! I hope she learns how to get along with other dogs too!

Sylvie
August 23rd, 2009, 11:22 PM
That is great news. Another one saved. :thumbs up