Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Glassy eyes and inner eye lids showing

realizesky
August 19th, 2009, 10:58 PM
To give a little background, my kitties Luke and Leia were adopted as Feral cats when they were at 5 weeks old, before which they were staying in a woodpile during freezing temperatures. They have been raised with organic food, and have never had any shots. I have been on a quest to find out what is wrong with my kitties! The third eyelid and the top eyelid are showing on both of them. Their eyes also appear glassy and glazed-over. They are still eating and drinking, and seem otherwise healthy.

They have already been to the vet, and the doctor said he thought it was Leukemia, but she tested negative for it.

I would greatly appreciate any help in diagnosing/treating this!

catlover2
August 22nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
Looks like grey one, Leia?, had a Siamese parent with her slightly crossed blue eyes.. Did vet give them their shots? From what I can see in the photos the eyes look normal to me and don't appear "glassy" nor is the "eyelid" showing. A sick cat's eyelid usually stays visible in a partial position. I'm curious why your vet thinks she has leukemia?

weRfamily
August 23rd, 2009, 12:53 AM
If it is the kitties in the pictures they look normal to me. My cat when he is tired his lids show sometimes. I think you may be worrying too much. The vet gave them a clean bill of health stop worrying so much and enjoy them. They
look very spoiled and happy.