Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What the Hell Is WRONG with people?

babymomma
August 19th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Seriously :cry:..

I just talked to a friend of mine (I havent been talking to my friends lately. Dont even get on MSN anymore) And her birthday party was Saturday.

Of course there were alot of people, mostly under aged. Drinking. But a few over age people too..

A guy thats not fro here was there and 3 of MY friends ganged up on him and beat the sh!t out of him. He did nothing to provoke it. He's just a little different.

He has been in the hospital since saturday night and is STILL in critical condition.

Since there were so many underaged people there the cops are holding her mother responsible. (Which isnt fair because her mother is a good woman and didnt know any of this was going on).

My friends exact words. " I dont understand, The more he bled, The more they beat on him"

WHAT THE F^CK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE... Thoese words have been haunting me since she said them!

How can people do something like that to another HUMAN BEING WITH FEELINGS, and a FAMILY.. They could have very well killed him.

I just dont get it. 3 against one.. They are nothing but a bunch of F^cking Pussy's.. And I intend to tell them how big of cowards they are.

It digguists me. I mean Ive wanted to fight before.. Hell Ive BEEN in a fight, But a few slaps to the face. If I had ever drawn blood i am SURE I would have started crying and appologizing. I just dont understand. UGH..

Another thing is that Nobody even tried to intervene. Seriously. They just watched and did NOTHING to stop it. They are just as bad.

Im glad somebody finally got the balls to call the cops...

I, Seriously, HATE alot of the human race right now.

cpietra16
August 19th, 2009, 09:07 PM
you need to ask? All I know is that humans are not the sharpest knife in the drawer...it was a redundant question right?:rolleyes:

14+kitties
August 19th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I am sorry but I would no longer by calling them "my friends". I don't hang around with people who act like that. Period.
I hope they get the proper punishment and not just a slap on the wrist. That's a lot of the problem with the world these days. The parents bear the brunt of their children's stupid actions these days. No accountability for the kids. But then again, if the children were raised properly in the first place they would not be acting like...... I was going to say wild animals but that isn't fair to animals. Cave men?

TacoGrl
August 19th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Get new friends.

I also agree with 14+...it seems parents don't parent anymore...too afraid of hurting little Johnny's feelings or stunting little Johny's emotional growth by putting limits on him :rolleyes:

Yes, children have rights...they have the right to grow up in a positive environment that includes learning respect, good manners and how to be productive members in society...they have the right to realize they are children and as such are not fully cooked and incapable to make good decisions regarding certain things because guess what, they have not lived long enough to posess the appropriate tools.

Now having said that, I went to parties when I was younger...parties I shouldn't have been to :o , but holy *#@% the things that go on today :eek:

Bina
August 19th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Yup, there is a serious lack of discipline.
Most of us have gone to wild parties and done the drinking, etc. but nowadays the trend to violence is really sickening.

babymomma
August 19th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Yea, Dont even get me started. They are OBVIOUSLY no friend of mine. And have yet to see anyof them act this way.. What burns me most of all i think is that people just stood around WATCHING..

I wish I hadnt had surgury cause i would have been there and i would have stopped it.
If they didnt listen to me, well, im surprisingly strong for a 16 year old girl, and brutish.. Plus people know better then to mess with me, cause my brother, well, his Job should be a bouncer.

Bunch of as$hats I tell ya.. all of them.

ownedbycats
August 20th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Babymomma, I agree this is very sad situation. You say what surprises you most is that people did nothing. I took a couple of psychology classes in university and one of the lessons we had really stuck with me. It was basically that the more people in a crowd, the more likely it is everyone thinks someone else will do something, and in the end no one ends up taking responsability. Nothing gets done. Yes, someone should have done something, but cases like this it is quite comoon for no one to do anything. The example my prof used was a true story of a woman who was beataen to death on a sidewalk in full view of dozens of witnesses. When questioned, all the witnesses said that with so many others around, each was sure someone else had already called police, and no one ended up calling. Thankfully your aquaintances didn't go that far.

ancientgirl
August 20th, 2009, 08:45 AM
It's a sad pattern. It's like the human race is being more and more desensitized. I don't know if it's the media, the wars, movies, tv or video games. I just don't know, but it's like people don't care anymore. There is no empathy left.:frustrated:

marko
August 20th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I'm sorry this happened and it's totally disgusting. Many humans are scum. Period.

All I wanted to add, is that bad stories get press, good stories are boring and get NO press. There are many many heroes in this world that nobody knows about and some of them are on this board every day helping pet owners. Others work in totally different fields.

Obviously the violent scum you refer to are a waste of time and a waste of life. More evolved people than I will feel sorry for them because they obviously are sick in the head and likely have teeny penises. But don't give up hope on humanity and try to also observe (at a later time) the goodness around us.

kandy
August 20th, 2009, 11:50 AM
That's terrible - and it seems like it's becoming more and more commonplace. I think alot of it has to do with the new 'parenting' styles of letting the children run rampant in the name of building their self esteem or individuality or whatever the premise is these days. Kids see no consequences to their actions, think the rules don't apply to them.

I certainly hope this poor young man recovers fully, and I hope the ones who deserve it are punished to the full extent of the law.

Dog Dancer
August 20th, 2009, 03:20 PM
It's a terrible state of affairs with so many people now, but I have to agree with Marko. I think we don't hear about all the good people out there, just the bad ones. Recently out here in BC two teens were following a van that went off the road and they jumped into a river and pulled four people from the van. It was a touching story and showed that there are still some good people (youth even :thumbs up) out there. Look at you BM - somebody is counting you as good people. They are out there, but we never hear about the good things. I hope this young man recovers and is able to identify the assailants and they get some serious punishment. And seriously, the people who did nothing to help are just as guilty and I hope they can't sleep at night.

Gail P
August 20th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Here's a story about one of the "good ones", a 13 yr. old boy who saved a man from drowning. http://www.mindentimes.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1706521

Luvmypitgirls
September 6th, 2009, 01:23 PM
My son recently lost a friend that was "gang beaten" outside of a bar.
There is no more one on one, and violence has certainly become prevalent in our society amongst younger ppl. It's sad that people think violence is a solution or fun.
The young offenders act is a joke, ppl that participate in this kind of violence should be tried and sentenced as adults, mind you "justice" as a whole in Canada is a joke, in my humble opinion.

ancientgirl
September 6th, 2009, 01:35 PM
"justice" as a whole in Canada is a joke, in my humble opinion.

It isn't any better in the U.S. Sometimes the guilty have more rights than the victim.

I'm sorry about your son's friend.

friend2animals
September 6th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I agree with all the posts! SEVERE SHAME on each person who thinks it is OK to hurt the innocent - this includes both people and animals:crazy:

As far as the current "Youth Act" is concerned, it had been considered at one point by Canadian Prime Minister, Stephen Harper to abolish the preexisting act - due to its inefficiency, and replace it with one that delivers the same amount and severity of punishment comparable to that received by adult offenders/criminals.
***This includes an open court room during trials***

Tragically, this is not yet a reality! :wall:

Sammi028
September 6th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I don't know the laws in all the states in the US, but most of them are coming up with "no tolerance" laws, meaning pretty much any punishment besides a "naughty chair" or "time out" is against the law. My cousin for instance will not do anything to help around the house and she would rather sit in time out for hours and hours rather than do anything. Back when I was like 5 and 6 it was way more effective. I'm not saying I got beaten or anything, but I was definitely scared to do something against the rules or disobedient. I see kids now who talk back and do whatever the heck they want to their parents and parents just shrug it off. I never would have said half the stuff that kids say now when i was younger, let alone beat up on someone. My parents were firm believers in the you get done to you what you did to them. For instance one time I bit my brother and guess what, I got bit right back, and I never bit my brother again! Think if some of these people had been smacked every time they smack someone (just as hard to), I doubt they would pull any of this crap. I also think that the media has a huge pull in people's actions too. Horror films are one of the most popular movies coming out right now (red-box is full of them, it's hard to find a not horror film) which show murderers and stuff and make it more commonly accepted.

joeysmama
September 6th, 2009, 05:47 PM
What happened to the three assailants? They should be in jail on assault charges at the very least and possibly something more serious. Have their names been given to the police? It's VERY important that they be held accountable for this.

aslan
September 6th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I am from the era of you did something wrong as a child you got a spanking. I can't say any of the people i grew up with have turned out to be a serial killer or anything along those lines. The majority of teenagers today do the stuff they are because there are no repercussions for them. I'm watching my sil's daughter wreak complete havoc and the mother can't do a friggen thing. As for the horror movies and video games that is absolute bull. I watch horror movies just as both of my children do and they are huge video game junkies. Other than being a little immature at 18 and 19 they are all around good kids. The problem now is that the law has taken parents rights away from them, parents are both having to work to support their children, split families, etc.etc.