Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another One

Shaykeija
August 19th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Sigh..Got a phone call last night. Button's lost his home. Button's Daddy got that awful disease called Alzheimer's. Daddy was put in a nursing home and the rat ba$tard family dropped him off at the pound with in the hour. No one from the loving family could make room for this little Shih Tzu. His crime...nothing. I could tell he was once cared for, because at 10 years young his teeth are pretty white and no stinky breath. But he is so skinny and stinky. ( I didn't care, he still got kisses from me) Buttons has a wart on his back and has to be neutered. No biggie but when I looked at his tummy I thought he was "excited" to see me. Then I thought, OMG this dog is double endowed.:lightbulb: The I realized it was a growth, like I have ever seen before. I probed it and it is not attached to anything, so should not be a problem to exercise it when the neutering is done. So the race is on to find this abandoned gem a new family. I have been doing phone calls and calling vets. I will find this boy a loving and deserving home. If he was in danger of being put down, he would have came home with me. His is safe and being looked after right now at the pound. But he needs better and I demand he have the best. My husband says he is the twin to Quincy. Big eyes and soft white and gold hair. Just a lover...This little Button will haunt my sleep tonight.

babymomma
August 19th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Ugh.. That family sounds like a bucnh of a-holes.. its probably for the best that he was dropped off:sad: At least he has you looking out for him now.

Good luck for this boy! :fingerscr:goodvibes:

Quick adoption vibes:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

TeriM
August 20th, 2009, 12:03 AM
:sad: :sad:

He is lucky to have you as his angel to watch out for him until he gets his new forever home :angel:.

ancientgirl
August 20th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I can't understand how people can just abandoned these little ones knowing a family member loved them. :sad:

14+kitties
August 20th, 2009, 10:22 AM
:pray: he finds his new forever home soon. :sad:

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Lucky little guy that you got word of him, Shaykeija! :goodvibes: for the surgery and :fingerscr that his forever Humans will find him soon!

Shaykeija
August 20th, 2009, 05:03 PM
http://www.gsshelter.ca/meetdogs.html

GSAC14386A

babymomma
August 20th, 2009, 07:49 PM
He is adorable.. :sad:How could anybody do this? I just dont know..

ancientgirl
August 20th, 2009, 08:18 PM
:sad:So many found and surrendered.

Buttons is adorable.

Shaykeija
August 24th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Buttons got a home..yea not through me but he has a new home. I am so relieved..