Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chico's comp is down

14+kitties
August 19th, 2009, 02:51 PM
So we will be without her breath of fresh air approach for a while. :sad:
I hope her computer is repaired fast. Just thought I would pass on the info so no one worries. :thumbs up

happycats
August 19th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Miss you Chico, hope you get up and running soon! :fingerscr:goodvibes:

Love4himies
August 19th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I was wondering where she was, thank for letting us know.

Hope your computer is fixed soon, chico :pray:

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2009, 09:21 PM
:goodvibes: for your computer, chico and a big :grouphug: for you!

Thanks for passing the word, 14+!

14+kitties
August 19th, 2009, 09:25 PM
In her words "I don't want people worried I've dropped dead or something." She is such a sweet lady. :cloud9:

aslan
August 19th, 2009, 09:27 PM
haha yup that sounds like her. I'm sure if she can't get hers up and running we can fix her up with something. I think the charades she was playing with me, was she needs pics downloaded from one to another.

14+kitties
August 19th, 2009, 09:30 PM
haha yup that sounds like her. I'm sure if she can't get hers up and running we can fix her up with something. I think the charades she was playing with me, was she needs pics downloaded from one to another.

She wants you to show her how to save them to cds or something so she doesn't have to worry about losing them if her comp crashes again. Chico's afraid she's lost a lot of the ones she has stored on the comp now. If she has I'm sure we could go through old threads and find a lot for her.

aslan
August 19th, 2009, 09:32 PM
from what she described it sounds like she toasted either her power source or her motherboard. I told her if it's not repairable, i will pull her harddrive and install it on one of our comps and copy the stuff, aslong as the harddrive isn't damaged.

14+kitties
August 19th, 2009, 09:40 PM
You are such a good friend. :highfive: She has a lot of faith in her comp guy. She has been using him for a long time now.

chico2
August 22nd, 2009, 08:19 AM
I'm baaaaack:thumbs up
The PC was beyond fixing,so our son went with hubby to get a new tower/hard-drive,we are dummies when it comes to what we need:loser:
One of my sons friends(known him since he was 5yrs old) has always helped us with installing stuff,fixing things,he was able to get everything out of the old drive,so nothing is gone:thumbs up
Fixing PC/s is what he does for work,usually charges $50/hour..

I know Trish would have helped:grouphug:but I think we are fine now,just a few new things to learn.
When I am gone to the Rainbow Bridge,I'll let you know,ok:laughing:

aslan
August 22nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
lol, yes Chico2,,,TRISH would have helped you out. We had a spare here we would have given you.

mollywog
August 22nd, 2009, 09:42 AM
yay! You're back! Glad to hear everything is ok :thumbs up
How's the new computer?

14+kitties
August 22nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Welcome back chico!!!! We have missed you!!!! :grouphug:

chico2
August 22nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
Oh no ASLAN,I did it again:wall:
I have no idea who Trish is:laughing:maybe my grandmothers middlename:laughing:

Everything is fine,except the program I used to re-size pics,the program with the large Sun-Flower(don't remember the name,does somebody??),I cannot get:yell:
But our Techie-friend is coming back later.

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Trish is your son's friend's daughter, of course! :p

Glad to see you back! I hope your Techie-friend can find your missing program! If you got all your datafiles back off the old hard drive, the program should still be there, too! :fingerscr

chico2
August 22nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Hazel:laughing::laughing:
I did not want everything back that was on my old PC,so I had to re-install my camera,thinking the Photo-shop thingy would come with it:confused:but no!!
My techi-friend gave me something else,not as fast and more complicated:yell:

ancientgirl
August 22nd, 2009, 01:02 PM
Getting a new computer is always both fun and a huge pain. I'm glad you got it all taken care of.

Frenchy
August 22nd, 2009, 04:46 PM
I'm baaaaack:thumbs up

Welcome back Chico2 !!! :thumbs up