Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Who likes Peaches??

dollface
August 18th, 2009, 03:52 PM
It's August and Peaches are in season!

And almost time for the Winona Peach Festival! (http://www.winonapeach.com/)

Anyone going? I go every year! Gotta love their Peach Sundaes! :D:cloud9::lovestruck:

Gail P
August 19th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I love peaches. Cut up in a bowl, sprinkled with sugar and doused in whipping cream. MMMMmmmm :cloud9:

dollface
August 19th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I'm gonna try that tonight! lol mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I love peach pie also, but can't seem to find a recipe that doesn't involve sour cream or some odd ingredient like that :yuck:

Jim Hall
August 19th, 2009, 06:07 PM
peaches and vanilla ice cream

Gail P
August 19th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Peaches in vanilla ice cream ;) Just made some this afternoon, will have to test it out shortly :p My daughter got an ice cream maker for Christmas so I've just started experimenting with adding some fruit. Last batch was made with raspberries fresh from our garden. Yummmm... So far we've made vanilla, vanilla with sprinkles, chocolate, chocolate with marshmallows and now the fruity ones. Oh yeah, and Espresso Ice :yuck: Well, maybe not so much, I don't know. I made that one for a friend and followed the recipe in the book but the little bit of it I tasted when I was putting it in a container was w-a-a-a-y to strong for me, and I love my coffee. I didn't follow the recipes for the peach or raspberry ice creams (they were both low-fat recipes calling for some ingredients I didn't have on hand). I just cut up or mashed the peaches and raspberries to add to the vanilla recipe. I want to try making a fruit sorbet and see how that turns out. Maybe a peach sorbet :thumbs up

Gail P
August 19th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I love peach pie also, but can't seem to find a recipe that doesn't involve sour cream or some odd ingredient like that :yuck:

You know although sour cream in a pie doesn't sound appetizing, you might be very surprised with the results. I would never have thought of using it in chocolate cake but I'm positive that sour cream was the "odd" ingredient my husband's grandmother used to use in her chocolate cake and it was delicious.