Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Price for cat tooth extraction.

smithjude
August 18th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I was just at the vet today and found out that my cat has a broken tooth and needs to have it removed. The quote the vet gave me was a $640 (including removal of the broken tooth and cleaning). This seems incredibly high to me. Has anyone else had this procedure done before? Is this price reasonable? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

bendyfoot
August 18th, 2009, 12:20 PM
That sounds about right. Boo had two teeth removed and it was around 800$ I think. Gracie's extraction cost closer to $1000. Keep in mind you're talking about getting bloodwork, IV fluids, anaesthetic and monitoring, a full dental cleaning, surgical extraction (lots of equipment involved there), pain medication, hospitalization, plus the time of 1-2 technicians as well as the vet. It's the same you'd pay for a human.

BenMax
August 18th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Believe it or not, that is about right. Crazy price - costs more than my own.

sugarcatmom
August 18th, 2009, 02:20 PM
The quote the vet gave me was a $640 (including removal of the broken tooth and cleaning). This seems incredibly high to me. Has anyone else had this procedure done before? Is this price reasonable?

Yup, sounds about right, but it also depends on what is included in the price. My cat had 3 teeth removed a couple years ago and it cost a bit over $800. That included pre-op blood work (a must!), antibiotics, blood pressure monitoring, gas anesthetic, IV fluids, x-rays, cleaning, and pain meds. You might want to clarify with your vet what that $640 includes.

growler~GateKeeper
August 19th, 2009, 12:54 AM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=816022#post816022

Masha
August 19th, 2009, 09:24 AM
my guy just had his teeth cleaned and it was 600.... of course you can find a vet that can do it cheaper but usually it is cheaper because they skip some pre op blood work, and IV fluids during the op and other tests which can end up saving your cat's life....