Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Like a kick in the gut (only worse)

babymomma
August 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
You guys remember kacee's story?

Well I went to her home today and I couldnt take her for a walk so I sat and talked with her owners (Whom I really do love, one used to babysit me for years)... After an hour of conversation they casualy mentioned they may be moving across the country to Alberta for work.. Like, move permanatly with both young children under the age of 4.

Chances of them going are good.

So of course I was upset they were leaving because I do love them after all.. They are like family.

But in the back of my mind i was smiling because I thought For SURE that meant they would leave my girl here with me She could live in a house with a loving family and get good food and a bed, instead of a life at the end of a chain. with a beat up old wooden dog house that doesnt even have aa door to keep the weather out..

Then I casually asked if they would have a yard. (I was thinking of the kids) And they said "Well of course we will have a yard, Where would we put kacee?"

G** **** ********. They assured me that if they were ever going to move kacee would live with me... THEY DONT EVEN TAKE CARE OF HER! She's my baby I will NEVER see her again f they move. She loves me even MORE then I love her. She will never get walked.. And she will lose out on the only love she knows.

WHY DO THEY HAVE A DOG IF THEY DONT LIKE IT?!!!N AND WHY THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO DRAG HER ACROSS THE COUNTRY AND MAKE US BOTH SUFFER?

Seriously. I know its THEIR dog and THEIR decision. But my GAWD!

Give me a break. I do EVERYTHING for this dog. Before me she didnt have a frickin collar! She had her chain wrapped arounf her neck and hooked up!

NHFJBFHGHJHNBJFGASHUJHG^rQ73)(*79878326T789UJHNJSD HFJ|!!!!!!!!!

Tundra_Queen
August 17th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I am so sorry. I don't have any advice, but I'm so very sorry.:grouphug:

Bailey_
August 17th, 2009, 11:20 PM
So sorry BM. :cry: That sounds like a really difficult situation. Hopefully you've taught them enough that they know now how to treat her properly. :shrug:

mollywog
August 18th, 2009, 12:36 AM
sorry to hear that BM. I can relate, wanting what is best for someone else's pet but not wanting to stick your neck out there and flat out tell them they are a bad dog owner. I feel that way about our neighbours, they keep their 2 dogs locked up in the backyard allll the time- never even once bring them for a walk. But I never would have the nerve to suggest otherwise. :shrug: just me, I guess.
Hopefully they either a) don't move, or b) decide on their own to leave the poor gal with you! (would your parents mind??)

babymomma
August 18th, 2009, 01:13 PM
sorry to hear that BM. I can relate, wanting what is best for someone else's pet but not wanting to stick your neck out there and flat out tell them they are a bad dog owner. I feel that way about our neighbours, they keep their 2 dogs locked up in the backyard allll the time- never even once bring them for a walk. But I never would have the nerve to suggest otherwise. :shrug: just me, I guess.
Hopefully they either a) don't move, or b) decide on their own to leave the poor gal with you! (would your parents mind??)

Sucky situation with you as well. :sad: Maybe you could take a few spare mnutes everyweek to walk them? If the owners dont mind?...

My parents (Surprisingly, my mom especially) would LOVE to have kacee.. My mom got the idea one night that she was going to call the spca and make a complaint about her being neglected and when they took her away we would adopt her:rolleyes:. I had to tell her that she has food and water (water only once a day, at night) and a crumby old doghouse so they cant do anything. :frustrated:
Im hopinng they move and leave her with me.
But if that doesnt happen I dont want them to move.

BenMax
August 18th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Why not just come out and ask for Kacee. Tell them how much you love her and how your family will continue to care for her.

Something tells me Babymomma that they will let you keep this dog. People who normally keep their dogs like this will find a way to leave them behind. It's not over until it's over....

babymomma
August 18th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Why not just come out and ask for Kacee. Tell them how much you love her and how your family will continue to care for her.

Something tells me Babymomma that they will let you keep this dog. People who normally keep their dogs like this will find a way to leave them behind. It's not over until it's over....

I Plan to when all decisions are final.. But right now its just killing me:cry:
Plus im half scared to because they are SO SO SO easy to offend.. And if I offend them and they take her anyways wil I get updates? :cry:

But im going to anyways.. I coud'nt live with the "what ifs". :shrug:

BenMax
August 18th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I Plan to when all decisions are final.. But right now its just killing me:cry:
Plus im half scared to because they are SO SO SO easy to offend.. And if I offend them and they take her anyways wil I get updates? :cry:

But im going to anyways.. I coud'nt live with the "what ifs". :shrug:

You will not offend them. Just tell them how much you love her and how much you respect them.

You go girl. Worse case scenario they say no. At least you try.

TacoGrl
August 18th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Tell them not to come here...there are no jobs and people here are leaving in droves...no land of opportunity now days :rolleyes: ...that will solve the problem ;)

babymomma
August 18th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Tell them not to come here...there are no jobs and people here are leaving in droves...no land of opportunity now days :rolleyes: ...that will solve the problem ;)

Sounds like good plann! But im pretty sure he already has a few job opportunities. :frustrated:.. I might just steal her.. :o

Tomorrow if its not raining im going to go down and get her.. Even though im not allowed because of the surgery thing and because she pulls... but i'll bring both dogs to the beach and get some pics :D

lUvMyLaB<3
August 18th, 2009, 10:24 PM
oh my dear girl! Maybe thex wont go? And if they do i will snatch kacee as they drive through mb past brandon on the trans canada. . . . .in the middle of nowhere of coarse!